Sponsored

Forgive me Father, for I have had impure Jeep thoughts…

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought my Jeep JL for a toy until my Bronco showed. It looks like now that the Jeep will be worn completely out before I can even get a sniff of a build date. I'm very very close to hanging it up, and forgetting the Bronco even exist. We had tons of fun with this Jeep. With that said it does drive, and ride like a Jeep. But, that's the nature of the beast. Good luck with your decision. I know it's a tough one at best.

Ford Bronco Forgive me Father, for I have had impure Jeep thoughts… 100_5385.JPG
Sponsored

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I read a lot of hate for Jeeps on these Bronco forums. It’s my opinion, that if you truly HATE the Jeep, you don’t like the Bronco as much as you think you do (but would probably never admit) or you don’t get what either one is about.
^This x 1000!!!!!!! Well said!

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeeps are awesome. (Commence the roasting) They've been tried and true for decades. So if you want one, get one. At least they're available, also with the new Xtreme Recon package, you get 4.88's with 35's! Personally, I'm cool waiting for a Bronco. Been drooling over them since Ford dropped the news July 2020, and I finally ordered one last month. I'm a big tall dude, so I fit much better in the Bronco, and I love everything about it. It's exactly, what I wanted in a vehicle.

AttackGuy64

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Walk into a high volume dealer and place an order for what you want. No money down and see which one arrives first. My dealer order came in 5 months after I placed it.

Sponsored

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing wrong with a Jeep….I’ve had several….my most recent a 2020 JLU with Diesel, sky top, I thought it was an outstanding vehicle….I’ve had my Bronco now 3 weeks….outstanding vehicle as well. Both are quite capable….I’d say enjoy now and figure out what you want to do once you’ve got your Bronco at the dealership. Most importantly wheel now not later….

Last edited:

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you get a Jeep tomorrow and your Bronco gets built a week later, will you be OK with that? Conversely, if you don't get the Jeep and the Bronco takes another year, will you be OK with that?

I was originally looking at Rivians and Tesla Cyber Trucks. The former is barely ramping up and the latter just got cancelled. Sometimes a bird in the hand...

Edit: I fell for the April Fool’s article that it was canceled. Doh! It is, of course, unavailable for purchase now

Last edited:

Doorsoff4ever

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram3500 diesel crew cab long bed on 37's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Recently I’ve found myself doing the unthinkable, looking at the J@@p national inventory site. I went on a trip and Avis gave me a 4 door Wrangler. It was nice having the front panels off and having that off-road feel of a vehicle. I’m a July 14th order with no build date in site. I guess it all goes back to dating, “If I can’t have a 10, I’ll settle for a 7.”

I’ve done the Off-Roadeo and fell in love with Bronco even more. I don’t want to settle for what shortcomings the Wrangler has to offer. I guess I needed to vent or get support from others that have had these evil thoughts to get me through the next 3-24 months that I may have to wait.

I’ll have to just stare at the photo of the side by side that I took driving past a Ford dealer in GA to help me get by.

52B1D713-8181-4BC3-A929-9C3CD696DBA6.jpeg
Stay strong, buddy. Don't give in to jeemptation.

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read a lot of hate for Jeeps on these Bronco forums. It’s my opinion, that if you truly HATE the Jeep, you don’t like the Bronco as much as you think you do (but would probably never admit) or you don’t get what either one is about.
Good natured jabbing is great fun. The other is pure idiocy.

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Recently I’ve found myself doing the unthinkable, looking at the J@@p national inventory site. I went on a trip and Avis gave me a 4 door Wrangler. It was nice having the front panels off and having that off-road feel of a vehicle. I’m a July 14th order with no build date in site. I guess it all goes back to dating, “If I can’t have a 10, I’ll settle for a 7.”

I’ve done the Off-Roadeo and fell in love with Bronco even more. I don’t want to settle for what shortcomings the Wrangler has to offer. I guess I needed to vent or get support from others that have had these evil thoughts to get me through the next 3-24 months that I may have to wait.

I’ll have to just stare at the photo of the side by side that I took driving past a Ford dealer in GA to help me get by.

Ford Bronco Forgive me Father, for I have had impure Jeep thoughts… 1648940148109
Don’t feel bad - I looked at the Jeep 4xe. At 49 mpg it is tempting .

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
As the great Billy Joel once said...

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, The sinners are much more fun"

shnider10

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Chevy Impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordering a fully loaded Willys on Monday as the wait continues.

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm a Ford guy at heart, and I've had my Bronco for 10 months and love it.

That having been said, if you have the itch and the financial ability, buy a Jeep as a stopgap. They are after all what the Bronco was designed to compete with. If I were in your shoes, I might buy a slightly used Jeep and sell it when the Bronco came in.

I guess I'm too practical to declare blind allegiance to Bronco without giving props to a good not great vehicle in the Jeep.
I picked up a low mileage TJ to drive while I wait.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you get a Jeep tomorrow and your Bronco gets built a week later, will you be OK with that? Conversely, if you don't get the Jeep and the Bronco takes another year, will you be OK with that?

I was originally looking at Rivians and Tesla Cyber Trucks. The former is barely ramping up and the latter just got cancelled. Sometimes a bird in the hand...
Cybertruck canceled or a good April Fools joke?

https://therecenttimes.com/news/april-joke-is-teslas-cybertruck-canceled/amp
Sponsored