First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
No. Badlands and First Edition don't come with Sport mode. Ford just did it so they could have a marketing carrot for other models...
But the Base does? That’s sooooo weird.
Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If Ford didn't want us to have this, they would have made it much more difficult to begin with.
Unless their engineers take a perverse pleasure in reeling us in, then blowing it up.

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My immediate thought was how much is a forscan lol because I paid up $200 over a identically equipped Wildtrak and lost Baja mode. so guess I’m now about $350 in the hole adjusted with the purchase of a forscan haha.
the adapter is $50. A 1 year license is $10. You can get a free trial license by request but I found it easier just to pay. And any windows laptop you might have laying around. $60 and you’re set.

OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081VQVD3F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_GP2XD6Z7D2AA5FDFPT8X

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m confused by Sport mode. I have a base and it has Sport mode. Is it a different mode everyone is talking about?
And the joke but maybe not a joke is can we get you rock crawl.

Sponsored

Dark Knight Squatch

Base
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Police Interceptor Utility
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

does anyone know if this adds all the modes for say a trim like big bend or base?

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This goes back to what I posted back in May. I think Ford should allow you to go to the dealership and for a couple hundred bucks, you can unlock different modes. Then those modes are now tied to your VIN. The dealerships would make a killing by just unlocking modes that are already available and there would be no void on your warranty. To me, this would make sense and I know there are tons of people that would do it. @Ford

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@D2dhanover figured out how to unlock GOAT modes with Forscan. I tried it tonight on my Badlands and instant sport mode. Took less than 5 minutes. Went on a test drive and everything seems to work exactly as intended. Activates 4A, has the full graphics package, different transmission tuning, different steering feedback, changed throttle response. To those who bought a wildtrak over a badlands to get sport mode you may have been shortsighted. Fortunately it’s not too late to change for a lot of you. Don’t pick your model based on GOAT modes. The true test will be for someone with a base to try. Or say someone with an OBX to try rock crawl.

Instructions:
@bytheway @D2dhanover i had a friend drop the auto start/stop in my F150 via ForScan, are you aware of this being able to be done on the Bronco while in there making this adjustment for Sport?

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
the adapter is $50. A 1 year license is $10. You can get a free trial license by request but I found it easier just to pay. And any windows laptop you might have laying around. $60 and you’re set.

OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081VQVD3F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_GP2XD6Z7D2AA5FDFPT8X
I do not have my Bad Lands yet, but do want sport mode. Is this able to be done with FORscan Lite for iOS? I haven't had my own windows computer since 2006.

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn’t read the whole thread but don’t get too carried away, guys. Won’t take long for Ford to disable this hack with an OTA update.

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh, now I just need to find someone in Indiana that knows how to do this!

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never used Forscan. Can you do custom programming and override an OTA or go back to an old program if they disable?
Sponsored