First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
"Boss Hoss" is already taken by a motorcycle builder...but that woulda been a good one!
And made in my hometown of Dyersburg, TN. At risk of hijacking the thread, check out this video of the Boss Hoss:
Sponsored

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah agree. Raptor is the Ford Performance brand. I don't see the Raptor branding being diluted at all. Ford Performance is very selective on what vehicles they take and take to the next level. I don't understand why everyone gets so sensitive about this. It looks like the Raptor branding is still very strong.
Raptor is the truck performance brand, ST is the not truck performance brand.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of the references in the parts catalogue have warthog reference. Hell, the last Ford sales decoder lists warthog as the "commodity description".

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Marketing team, what are we going to call the most expensive Bronco we're going to build?"

"Our research says Warthog is the best name."

"Ok, so what is this thing going to look like?"

Sees fenders...

"Alright, so what other options do we have?"

OP
OP
Johnny Mo

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think when you look at the F-150 raptors origins and it being a Baja desert pre-runner the fact that the warthog/ Bronco Raptor is purpose built for the same thing made the most sense in the corporate eyes of Ford. Am I disappointed that it's not called a warthog - not terribly. But that being said, I have wanted an F-150 Raptor since they first arrived on the scene a decade ago, but I never really had a good justification for needing a vehicle of that size crew cab 6.2 the whole deal. Nor did I want to be that friend who gets the phone call every weekend to help somebody move their shit just because I have a pickup truck.

So when the opportunity came up to obtain a Bronco Raptor I was all in. Now that I have it, I feel pretty confident in saying that it is worthy of the Raptor name and with all the supply troubles and constraints that Ford had, I think in the long run trying to build a new brand around Warthog would have proved to have been an absolute failure. That's easy to say now looking back on it and I don't think that factored into their decision at all. I think they went with what they knew which was Raptor equals Baja.

I had no idea as the OP that that little sticker would result in such a lengthy conversation around naming convention.

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah agree. Raptor is the Ford Performance brand. I don't see the Raptor branding being diluted at all. Ford Performance is very selective on what vehicles they take and take to the next level. I don't understand why everyone gets so sensitive about this. It looks like the Raptor branding is still very strong.
Why isn’t there a Mustang Raptor? Ford GT Raptor?

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why isn’t there a Mustang Raptor? Ford GT Raptor?
I'm sorry, Raptor is for trucks. I thought everyone knew that. My bad.

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Didn't want to risk offending someone with a bump on their nose, and slightly overweight.

Sponsored

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sorry, Raptor is for trucks. I thought everyone knew that. My bad.
Weird that Ford Performance felt they could afford to have a unique moniker for their top performance sports cars, but all the trucks needed to be Raptor.

I have a suspicion that with the almost $15k price increase we've seen over a single year, Warthog (or some other name) may not be dead. I would not be surprised if we may see a $70k'ish (turbo 6) entry performance line, and an $85k'ish (V8) high-end performance line. Maybe that's the Raptor and Raptor R. But with the current Raptor running up to $85k now, I just can't see a $90-100k Raptor R variant for Bronco. It makes more sense to me that they would keep Raptor at $85k as a Raptor or Raptor R and transition it to a V8 to compete with Jeep, and then have a Warthog or Raptor nameplate at $71k with a 3.0/3.0+ turbo 6 variant.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Weird that Ford Performance felt they could afford to have a unique moniker for their top performance sports cars, but all the trucks needed to be Raptor.

I have a suspicion that with the almost $15k price increase we've seen over a single year, Warthog (or some other name) may not be dead. I would not be surprised if we may see a $70k'ish (turbo 6) entry performance line, and an $85k'ish (V8) high-end performance line. Maybe that's the Raptor and Raptor R. But with the current Raptor running up to $85k now, I just can't see a $90-100k Raptor R variant for Bronco. It makes more sense to me that they would keep Raptor at $85k as a Raptor or Raptor R and transition it to a V8 to compete with Jeep, and then have a Warthog or Raptor nameplate at $71k with a 3.0/3.0+ turbo 6 variant.
I don't think you will see a Raptor R varient for the Bronco. They really didn't want the V8 in the Raptor lineup anyway. I think they only did it because Raptor owners want a V8 to match the TRX. Up until then, their stance was that the 3.5 was more than enough to run highspeed offroad.

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't think you will see a Raptor R varient for the Bronco. They really didn't want the V8 in the Raptor lineup anyway. I think they only did it because Raptor owners want a V8 to match the TRX. Up until then, their stance was that the 3.5 was more than enough to run highspeed offroad.
I don’t think Ford wants ANY V8’s in their truck lineup if we’re being honest. I’m afraid before long the throaty growl of the V8 will go the way of the triangular vent window and the floor dimmer.

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree in principle that Ford clearly wants to move away from ICE platforms as much as they are able. There's a lot of business strategy that is beneficial here as this helps them transition dealerships to solely showroom/service centers and moves corporate toward EV direct sales and cutting the dealerships out of the sales process. It's pretty clear to me the "Big 3" want to mimic the Tesla model.

That said, I also believe they will leave some wiggle room for specialty models based on market demand. If 392 sales are strong and Gladiator gets a 392, then I think a V8 Bronco is still in the mix. But even that said, I think Ford will be watching how the market responds to the EV Dodge Charger/Challenger over the next couple cycles, and that could even spell doom for V8 offerings in the Mustang and Ford GT. If we see a shift away from V8's in those vehicles, then yeah, agreed, V8 Bronco dead on arrival.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is a manufacturer vehicle, not a customer owned vehicle. Look at the license plate.
well duh I was just making fun it exists, I was hanging out with FP with this.
Sponsored