First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 2018 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is my plan as well. I will wear out the stock BFGs and then throw on Nitto Ridge Grapplers and perhaps some 15Fiftytwo wheels as well?!? Damn I hate getting all excited!
Same. Have the Ridge Grapplers on my Tundra and love them.
Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I posted this in another thread that deviated into a tire discussion, but it makes sense to post them here.
I've had good on road success with the MTR. It also worked well offroad. Mud Traction was ok as it does not have huge lugs, and the traction on rocks was very good.
The downside of the MTR was its rock crawling durability. I ended up getting numerous sidewall punctures as well as sidewall bubbles. I am hoping these new tires hold up better, but if not, I will relegate them to street use only and get a second set of rims for some Maxxis Creepy Crawlers or Trepidors like I did in the past.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Soft tires could be an issue. Good for traction, bad for wear. Early replacement could be in line with a lot of road/pavement use.
Soft rubber is great for cold weather.

win Some, lose some. No tire is perfect for everyone. This tire seems to be a good compromise. Not perfect for everything, but good enough at everything.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a mechanical engineer, I love watching a good nerd fight over ground clearance, lift height, math equations, and portal axles spring up in a tire thread. 🍿🍻😂

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a guess but Ford probably wanted a good street tire most for the ‘squatch.

Anybody serious about off roading is going to stop by discount tire on the way home and throw on a set of nitto trail grapplers or KM3’s.
I already have a set of wheels and Toyo Open Country CT ready for the bronco when it comes in like 19 years... Lol

Sponsored

Desert6

Black Diamond
First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘11 Power Wagon, '20 Armada, '22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I planned on replacing the original tires on the Bronco (once they're worn out) with KO2's as I've always had good luck with them. Ran them on my Power wagon (315/70/17's) for years, great traction, quiet, and long lasting, but I recently put on a set of Falken Wildpeak AT3W's, and I have to say I like them better so far. They're quieter, feel a little smoother, and really good overall offroad traction. I'll probably put a set of them on the Bronco at some point.

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's a creep crawly slope you are going down.
You should make sure to avoid any trepidation.

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for posting that video. These are a HARD PASS from me. I’ll be installing Nitto’s before my Bronco comes home. I’ll sell these to a wrangler owner 🤣.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are Territory tires made for other OE vehicles. The version for the Bronco is likely different than the same tire made for a different truck. Most likely to do with ride and handling. Traction performance among them will likely all be the same.
I'm definitely feeling like the $4500 Squatch option on my Badlands is looking more and more like a huge ripoff.

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are Territory tires made for other OE vehicles. The version for the Bronco is likely different than the same tire made for a different truck. Most likely to do with ride and handling. Traction performance among them will likely all be the same.
I'm definitely feeling like the $4500 Squatch option on my Badlands is looking more and more like a huge ripoff.
agreed, once I upgrade tires ($1600), and go to coil overs eventually ($3000), I could have had the Squatch with better suspension and tires for the same money 🤦🏻

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I too want 37 but will that void the warranty? What else needs to be done to go to 37s? I see some pictures where SAS looks awesome with 35 and many other pictures where they just look okay...
Sponsored