Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I'm watching the second YouTube video in 24hrs that I've seen a rock slash a Goodyear tire. I'm getting a little concerned they are a little on the thin side. 😬🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We used to run Goodyear Wranglers, usually light duty, on our work trucks. Tire ruining cuts and gashes were common, that's why I won't run GY's on my own vehicles.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a flat yesterday in the 35" Goodyears. Ran over a whole set of keys.. I have a feeling someone was having a worse day than me. I didn't get a photo before the keys fell out, but about 3-5 were stuck in the treads with 1 penetrating fully.

Was difficult to plug, as the angle was very shallow. Plug held all day while off roading though. I'll drop it off tomorrow for a patch and see what they say.

I think the Goodyears are gonna be toast before 20k miles. I'm not convinced of the quality yet.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gave up on Goodyears when I got 2 simultaneous gashes that couldn’t be fixed on the trail. 2 flats and one spare doesn’t make for a good day.

They make excellent sports car tires though.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wonder why ford chose Goodyear for the Sasquatch tires is it because they cheap. Wish they would come with nittos or bfg

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On the Off-Roadeo units, The BFG Goodrich KO2 looked a lot less beat up. I suspect there’s a reason the Badlands and Bronco Raptor have these tires instead of the Goodyears.
Why didn’t they put the ko2 on the Sasquatch tires especially if the Sasquatch pakage is your premiere off-road Trim

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why didn’t they put the ko2 on the Sasquatch tires especially if the Sasquatch pakage is your premiere off-road Trim
I’d guess it’s largely attributable to needing to keep the price lower.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gave up on Goodyears when I got 2 simultaneous gashes that couldn’t be fixed on the trail. 2 flats and one spare doesn’t make for a good day.

They make excellent sports car tires though.
I have purchased four, and now five new Fords in a row after doing the Jeep square Cherokee thing long ago. The factory tires have always been less than disappointing….. I have always replaced them with Michelins, and getting 3 or 4 times the wear mileage and NO FLATS!!! No fu—king FLATS…… Don’t know if Michelin is known for off-road tires or not….. Enlighten me please!!

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have purchased four, and now five new Fords in a row after doing the Jeep square Cherokee thing long ago. The factory tires have always been less than disappointing….. I have always replaced them with Michelins, and getting 3 or 4 times the wear mileage and NO FLATS!!! No fu—king FLATS…… Don’t know if Michelin is known for off-road tires or not….. Enlighten me please!!
Did the Michelin Cross Terrain Radials on an Expedition and got 110,000+ miles on them with no issues……

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They make great highway truck tires and some of the best SUV tires. They wouldn’t be my choice off-road though.

ThunderSquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, (ex: RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI 4x4)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I strongly believe those GY Territory MT (max traction, not mud terrain) tires on the Sasquatch were chosen because Ford could strike a deal with GY for an “OEM spec” tire which would achieve the look of a 35” tire but still maintain best possible MPG by keeping the weight down. If they went with a more durable option, my guess is the real world MPG would drop significantly.

Those “35’s” weigh only 52 lbs and are C rated. For reference, a BFG KM3 in the same size weighs 75 lbs (E rated). That’s 92 lbs overall difference in rotational mass.

Ford also probably took into consideration that vast majority of Sasquatch package Broncos will never see actual off-road driving beyond an occasional gravel road. Just being realistic here. So the GY Territory is probably more than adequate for most people, and should in theory offer better fuel mileage than a more durable (and heavier) option with better sidewalls.

Also, some Broncos being transported like this probably doesn’t help with tire durability either:

Ford Bronco Goodyear Tire Punctures 1635730797018

Edit: I didn't take that picture, it's from a Facebook group.

Last edited:

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a flat a couple days ago, sharp rock poked right through between the threads. I'm holding off judgement for now and just mark that up to bad luck and a maybe not so good idea to drive around on Mt Diablo after a major storm, roads were full of crap. And some of the rocks up there are very sharp.
First flat in over 20 years though, so there's that....

Got it fixed and I'll drive these until they're done, but most likely will get something else then, KO2 or Nitto I think. Just want something relatively quiet on pavement, as that's where I unfortunately spend most of my driving.

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got a flat a couple days ago, sharp rock poked right through between the threads. I'm holding off judgement for now and just mark that up to bad luck and a maybe not so good idea to drive around on Mt Diablo after a major storm, roads were full of crap. And some of the rocks up there are very sharp.
First flat in over 20 years though, so there's that....

Got it fixed and I'll drive these until they're done, but most likely will get something else then, KO2 or Nitto I think. Just want something relatively quiet on pavement, as that's where I unfortunately spend most of my driving.
Ridge grapplers are fantastic. Thwy aren't super quiet but it's pretty good considering the thread on em . Also wear really good. Will definitely get those whenever my future bronco willI need new shoes