Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry, but this is also not true. Allocation >> Commodities. You could have the cleanest, unscheduled build in all of North America, and if your dealer does not have any remaining allocation this month, you WILL NOT be scheduled until the following month at the earliest.

However, I DO agree that if you change your order, you could get picked up earlier (e.g., going to a soft top, 2.3, Outer Banks may get you built within a few months), if/when your dealer has allocation. đź‘Ť
Its true. Like the OP, I was a 10/31 Grangetober reservation holder that agreed to code 99 to get a 22 in march. Original build, OBX, MIC, 4A, Locker. Once the hard top problem really hit the fan in July I made the switch to a BB, soft top, mid and un 99'd the order. Got scheduled in September, built in November and picked it up last week. I do feel guilty about jumping the line, and honestly have no idea how(well the basic big bend really helped or maybe because my order was always AMB) It does seem like the more basic builds have a better chance at getting scheduled.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, but this is also not true. Allocation >> Commodities. You could have the cleanest, unscheduled build in all of North America, and if your dealer does not have any remaining allocation this month, you WILL NOT be scheduled until the following month at the earliest.

However, I DO agree that if you change your order, you could get picked up earlier (e.g., going to a soft top, 2.3, Outer Banks may get you built within a few months), if/when your dealer has allocation. đź‘Ť
And if your dealer has 1 allocation with 20 people waiting, that one person with a clean build moves ahead of others with earlier timestamps...to the front of the line. It's true that no Bronco's will be built for that dealer with zero allocation, but that was not my point.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its true. Like the OP, I was a 10/31 Grangetober reservation holder that agreed to code 99 to get a 22 in march. Original build, OBX, MIC, 4A, Locker. Once the hard top problem really hit the fan in July I made the switch to a BB, soft top, mid and un 99'd the order. Got scheduled in September, built in November and picked it up last week. I do feel guilty about jumping the line, and honestly have no idea how(well the basic big bend really helped or maybe because my order was always AMB) It does seem like the more basic builds have a better chance at getting scheduled.
Zach has been consistent with his guidance about the more basic builds having a better chance at getting scheduled early going all the way back to January 2021...

January 15, 2021:

• Commodity Restraints – This will absolutely play a big part in the timing of your order. Imagine a scenario with two order placed at exactly the same time on 7/14. One order is a big bend 4 door, the other a Wildtrack 4-Door with leather seating. It could potentially be months difference in delivery timeframe because of the options that someone chooses.
January 16, 2021:

I don't think its hard to imagine stock orders of a Big Bend with a soft top being produced before a retail order of a wildtrack with a painted hard top for a customer because of commodity availability. It would be unwise of Ford to stop production of a vehicle when demand is available for stock units, just to wait to have reservations of higher demand items to be prioritized.
January 20, 2021:

If you want a 21MY, but most likely won't get allocation for it (i.e. our October reservations) you can still convert and there may be a small chance based on commodity availability (Big Bend, 4-cyl, soft top) that you could get your scheduled more quickly than anticipated.
January 25, 2021:

It doesn't hurt to put the order in. It doesn't make a difference to us. But I've built around 40 broncos so far none being a soft top, so I'm starting to think someone with an October reservation with a soft top, 2.3 and big bend will probably be built first out of everyone [in the Grangetober order group]. ?
February 17, 2021:

• ... I wouldn't be shocked to see some reservation holders with a no restrictions build (i.e. Big Bend, 2.3, 4-door, soft top) get built because the commodity is available for 2021 MY.
March 27, 2021:

As of today we have over 1300 total reservations. These consist of 642 Before the 9/19 allocation cutoff window and 650+ after the allocation cutoff window (October/March specials). If you are in those later windows, that doesn't automatically exclude you from getting a 2021 Bronco, but its only likely you'll get one if you have a lower end trim without any restrictions (i.e. Big bend, soft top, 4 cylinder, etc).
April 20, 2021:

The order dates are more driven by commodities than timestamps. We had someone reserve well after others with a 4 door big bend soft top already get their order to preview because of the commodity.

So many of the 13th, 14th and 15th reservations are lux package and badlands/Wildtrak.
April 23, 2021:

So what do we take away from this?

1. If you have a Big Bend, Black Diamond, Outer Banks, or Base trim and you aren't adding Lux or Sasquatch. Make sure your order isn't in "99" assuming you'll receive a 2022. There's not a great chance, but make sure you convert your order to a buildable unit. You may get pleasantly surprised.
July 16, 2021:

You want to get your Bronco order scheduled ASAP?

Here is a list of the take rates versus demand for September production.

Your Big Bend, 4-Door, 2.3, Automatic/Manual, Soft Top order could get scheduled ASAP!
August 18, 2021:

If you ordered a Big Bend with a soft top back in February, you were ahead of the game. We had other orders picked up in October of last year and January because they were similar builds to this.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, where did you see me thinking they were rude? I was asking a question about the order, I figured if people volunteered to be pushed, then they should be first in line for the year they got pushed to, that is all :D
Ever hear the word “volun-told”? :ROFLMAO::p

I think that’s more of what happened when you thought you “volunteered“ to move your reservation. By asking they were just being nice, kind of like when a boss at work asks someone to “volunteer” for a task…. You know it wasn’t a question but it’s nice the boss “asked” ;)

On a serious note, I don’t know if it’s been mentioned but you might be able to move your order to a dealer with fewer orders and more allocations to speed things up. I bet Granger would assist with this if asked.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And if your dealer has 1 allocation with 20 people waiting, that one person with a clean build moves ahead of others with earlier timestamps...to the front of the line. It's true that no Bronco's will be built for that dealer with zero allocation, but that was not my point.
I understand what you meant to say: "Commodity constraints trump timestamp."

But that's not what you said...

Commodity constraints trump allocation.
Bottom line: (1) Allocation > (2) Commodities > (3) Timestamp.

No matter how "clean" the order is (all commodities are available), your order will not get scheduled if the dealer has no more remaining allocation during this scheduling cycle (typically monthly), and no matter how early your timestamp, your order will not get scheduled if the order is "dirty" (commodities are unavailable to build).

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If some order holders at Granger don’t get one until 2023/24, will the under MSRP pricing still be worth it? Is there a chance EVERYONE will be able to purchase under MSRP by then?

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Razorbak86 yep. It was posts like that from Zach that lead me to look at my build again and see what I really wanted so took the chance and it paid off. And being 100% honest, my BB has everything I wanted after thinking about my build and what my bronco will be used for.

Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm a 1October2020 RSVP at Granger. Got the same email. IIRC, the email stated they were trying to convert orders to up their allocation. I decided against it because FORD had announced body colored hard tops aren't available 2023.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand what you meant to say: "Commodity constraints trump timestamp."

But that's not what you said...

Bottom line: (1) Allocation > (2) Commodities > (3) Timestamp.

No matter how "clean" the order is (all commodities are available), your order will not get scheduled if the dealer has no more remaining allocation during this scheduling cycle (typically monthly), and no matter how early your timestamp, your order will not get scheduled if the order is "dirty" (commodities are unavailable to build).
My point is this...you can move ahead of others by going with a clean build with no constraints. If you do that, you jump ahead of others who are waiting for MIC tops, towing, etc. If you move ahead of them, you increase your chances of getting it built under the dealer allocation and the others don't. There will be many early reservation holders who will eventually have a clean build, but miss out because their dealer has no allocation. It's a double hit...

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Initial 10/31/2020
January 2021 Bronco order email -01/19/21
Agreed to Convert to 2022 - 03/18/2021
Jennifer, I'm a 10/04/20 reservation. With the change in Ford allocation formula, and the amount of Bronco orders Granger has I'm possibly looking at a 2024 delivery date myself. Ford didn't help Granger, or us at all when they change the Bronco allocation formula for 2022.
Sponsored