Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And here thought I imagined that. 🤷‍♀️

There are two Ford dealers in my city. The owners are brothers-in-law.

Dealer A... wouldn't give me the time of day even after I made a reservation with him. Never once contacted me, and wouldn't talk to me about Broncos or my reservation.

Dealer B... hosted the Bronco event. The people touring with the Bronco were super nice and helpful, but the dealer's staff ignored us and almost ignored the Broncos. The seemed to me like they were annoyed. They gave us each a very flimsy hat and a carabiner.

And now they had all our contact information, they still didn't even send so much as an email asking if we were still interested.
You got a hat? Lucky! 😂. Just a carabineer and a sticker that said I was checked in. Both came from Ford, not the dealership.
Sponsored

dgauss

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ditto. I’ve never wanted a Jeep. I still don’t really. But I’d plunk some money down on the new 2 row Grand Cherokee to spite Ford. And at a good deal none the less.
That's really my whole thing right now. Through these shenanigans, Ford has driven me to look into a Jeep, and with Granger, one can be had at EXCEPTIONAL value - even a "limited" edition.

Lo and behold, I'm about to lock in an order for a Rubicon 392 for $6K below MSRP from Granger.

I had never really been interested in a Jeep before, but the Bronco got me interested in the off-road/adventure segment. Then all this BS happened and it's just been such a turnoff. Dealers who are treating customers right and working to earn our business are getting screwed along with us, and that both drove me away from Ford and pushed me to reward the dealer who does right by customers.

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This I would suggest to Granger to consider - a very special offer of x% below invoice on Bronco Sport to any Bronco reservation holder with them, with possibly a guaranteed buyback at time of filling the Bronco order.
Advantage for the current res holder- a pony to ride upon now, a locked interest rate (much higher 2 y from now).
Interesting concept to essentially dump a bunch of low mileage Sports on the market and see the new market suffer.

Motor City Lifer

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford f150 FX4/ 2012 Harley Davidson St Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can also add my name to the list, I have a 9/19/20 res, 1/20/21 order for a 2dr Wildtrack. I cannot get my dealer, nor any dealer here in NC to commit or even respond to me. All I keep thinking is it wasn't too long ago the auto industry was bailed out with tax payer money, I guess this is how they pay us back. Side note: If Ford has 125,000 res's, how much money have they made off the 12,500,000.00 they are sitting on?
Ford did not take a dime of taxpayer money. Check your facts.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can also add my name to the list, I have a 9/19/20 res, 1/20/21 order for a 2dr Wildtrack. I cannot get my dealer, nor any dealer here in NC to commit or even respond to me. All I keep thinking is it wasn't too long ago the auto industry was bailed out with tax payer money, I guess this is how they pay us back. Side note: If Ford has 125,000 res's, how much money have they made off the 12,500,000.00 they are sitting on?
Our deposits went to individual dealerships spread all over NA, not to FoMoCo or FOC themselves.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R55, F56
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Keep adding your Twitter replies everyone!

Ford Bronco Granger Ford -2022 Bronco Allocation - No one said it was going to be easy Screenshot_20211012-232425_Opera
"Take your order to another dealer if you THINK the one you're at has too many reservations."

*THINKING* that your dealer has too many reservations is not a sufficient method for determining what to do.

If dealers won't tell us:

-Number of Reservations
-Number of Allocations / year
-Where we'd be in their "line" based on our timestamp
-ADM/no ADM
-etc.

Then it's IMPOSSIBLE to make an informed decision.

And guess what dealers are going to actually provide that info? Probably the ones that "have too many reservations" and not the scummy ones who have available, marked-up allocations.

That was a complete nonsense, BS response. Worthless advice.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"Take your order to another dealer if you THINK the one you're at has too many reservations."

*THINKING* that your dealer has too many reservations is not a sufficient method for determining what to do.

-Number of Reservations
-ADM/no ADM
-etc.

And guess what dealers are going to actually provide that info? Probably the ones that "have too many reservations" and not the scummy ones who have available, marked-up allocations.

At the risk of repeating myself, this system sucks! We should be able to order from Ford and select the dealer for delivery. Ford can set the price and promotions, the dealer can handle F&I, prepping the vehicle and trade-ins, if applicable. The dealership business model is ripe for disruption.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

-Number of Reservations
-ADM/no ADM
-etc.

Get on Twitter and IG and blast this out there

StephenSJ

Base
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Base Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Base
From chat session this morning with Ford Customer Service when I asked about moving my reservation to another dealer:

The information I am showing currently in our system is as follows: "Changing the Dealership on a Bronco Reservation: Customers cannot change their selected Ford Dealer on their reservation. Customers can cancel their reservation and create a new one. However, the ability to make a new reservation has been temporarily suspended until further notice."

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The information I am showing currently in our system is as follows: "Changing the Dealership on a Bronco Reservation: Customers cannot change their selected Ford Dealer on their reservation. Customers can cancel their reservation and create a new one. However, the ability to make a new reservation has been temporarily suspended until further notice."
So if you want to switch, you go to the back of the line. And you can't even do that right now. And they can't tell you when you will be able to.

Who is managing this reservation system?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford did not take a dime of taxpayer money. Check your facts.
Bailout Money - Ford

They did accept taxpayer bailout money in the form of a loan. If they didn't, why are/did they pay it back? A loan from the government is still accepting taxpayer money. Good on them for paying it back with interest. I think that's a very stand up thing to do on their part.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From chat session this morning with Ford Customer Service when I asked about moving my reservation to another dealer:

Add this to the Mr. Levine tweet about changing dealers and maybe also to Zach's new thread about ordering process?

Motor City Lifer

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford f150 FX4/ 2012 Harley Davidson St Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bailout Money - Ford

They did accept taxpayer bailout money in the form of a loan. If they didn't, why are/did they pay it back? A loan from the government is still accepting taxpayer money. Good on them for paying it back with interest. I think that's a very stand up thing to do on their part.
I stand corrected. thank you
Sponsored