Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hard top is more secure. Soft top in any large city is a dare.
Have you seen the smash and grabs going on in major cities lately? Smashing a window is simpler and faster than cutting through a Bronco soft top to get inside.
Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™m in Arizona and had a Wrangler with a hard top and a hoist for my garage. Then I got a soft top and a Bimini top and that expensive hard top hung in my garage for five years straight until I sold it to someone who would use it. I might go hard top if I lived in an area with harsh winters, but I absolutely love the flexibility and look of my soft top.

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Probably depends on where you live to some extent. I originally ordered the hardtop but switched to soft top. Got scheduled two days later and took delivery mid-April. Really happy I made the switch. I like the convenience of being able to open and close it in seconds (half way). We get pop-up rains almost every afternoon in the summer so not sure Iā€™d even bother removing the panels of a hardtop. Yes, its probably louder on the hwy but I donā€™t find it objectionableā€¦.but I donā€™t listen to music either. As for security, I have a console vault but still donā€™t leave anything of value in it.

All that said, Iā€™ve been hoping Ford or 3rd party would offer something like the Sky One-touch that Jeep offers. That (almost) made me switch to a Wrangle.

Oilman

Outer Banks
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 outer bank 4door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2020 Wrangler and a 2022 four-door Outer Banks both have soft tops both about the same noise level at highway speed but I do like the convenience of popping the top in an instant and not having to worry about storing the hardtop,been down that road before.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a two door owner there was never a factory choice. That said, my Bronco is a toy. It has had the hard top off for the last three months. I have the vinyl shade top installed to block the sun. It rains where I reside. Summer T storms in the late afternoons or early evenings are the norm. The Bronco simply stays in the garage if threatening weather is due. Once the season changes, the hard top will of corse be installed. I just purchased the weather proof cover, and will carry it whenever I go on extended topless excursions. If the Bronco was a daily driver, the hard top would be on the majority of the time. Also, since it is a fun toy vehicle, it doesnā€™t go to cities. I like the look and functionality of the hard top. I love the way the two doir looks without any top.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wanted the dual top option, but got hard top and trek top. I love them both and switch when I get bored with the one I have on.

OP
OP

bschack

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW M550i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wanted the dual top option, but got hard top and trek top. I love them both and switch when I get bored with the one I have on.
How hard is it to switch back to factory hard top after removing the trek top?

Sponsored

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I opted for the hardtop because in my mind it looks better, even my kids point out how the ā€˜softiesā€™ look like crap.ā€¦.plus I needed the roof rack too. But to each their own, having one over the other doesnt make right or wrong

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bronco will be my daily use vehicle and I learned long ago that vinyl windows with no wiper or defroster get annoying real quick. Also, the fact that Ford's softop design looks like absolute trash and I do need the availability of rooftop cargo space.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How hard is it to switch back to factory hard top after removing the trek top?
It's not that hard after you've done it a couple of times. I have a different idea next time I take it off and see if I can leave most of the bow assembly intact.

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like my hard top in the middle of summer when it's 100+ and 200% humidity, we also might have a few weeks where it is somewhat cold for us SE Texas natives.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My initial order was for a hard top for a few reasons:
  • I think the hardtop looks better than the soft top
  • I wanted the extra insulation to help keep the interior of the Bronco a little cooler in the hot Sacramento summers
  • Also wanted it for better sound deadening for when the top is on
I ended up switching my order to a soft top for a few reasons
  • I like the ease and flexibility to be able to pull the top back quickly on a whim, without having to worry about where to put the hard top panels
  • I checked with other people who went with soft top after initially wanting the hard top - and ALL of them said they were pleasantly surprised and glad they went with the soft top, despite almost everyone agreeing that the wavy window was a point of frustration
  • from what I've heard, the interior sound difference between the hard top and soft top isn't that bad - so I can deal with that
  • It allowed my order to get produced a bit faster - so that's a win
Sponsored