Sponsored

Has anyone heard the actual B&O system in the bronco yet?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have it in my '19 Limited SD. Nothing to write home about...sorry if that disappoints. It'll be in the Bronco tho. It's free with a $3500 heated steering wheel:)
Sponsored

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Tentative speaker/amp upgrade, waiting for Crutchfield to put the fit my vehicle up on the website:
Kenwood KAC M1814 amplifier
Polk MM 6502 component speakers. 6.5"
Polk DB 402. 4"
All items are marine certified since I'm getting a Black Diamond.
The amp is a modest 40w. All 3 together are under $500. I'm going to get an installer to do the amplifier, I can handle the speakers.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tentative speaker/amp upgrade, waiting for Crutchfield to put the fit my vehicle up on the website:
Kenwood KAC M1814 amplifier
Polk MM 6502 component speakers. 6.5"
Polk DB 402. 4"
All items are marine certified since I'm getting a Black Diamond.
The amp is a modest 40w. All 3 together are under $500. I'm going to get an installer to do the amplifier, I can handle the speakers.
Have you confirmed somehow that the regular system in the BD has a standalone amp that’s easy to replace? I’m getting that too and haven’t seen one way or the other. If it’s integrated into the head unit life is much more complicated.

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Have you confirmed somehow that the regular system in the BD has a standalone amp that’s easy to replace? I’m getting that too and haven’t seen one way or the other. If it’s integrated into the head unit life is much more complicated.
I have not. That's why I'm waiting for Crutchfield then paying a pro to install it. If you haven't dealt with Crutchfield before I highly recommend them. Customer service is fantastic. I've replaced the speakers in my last 3 vehicles with items from them. Always willing to help and the master sheets with install instructions are fantastic.

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have not. That's why I'm waiting for Crutchfield then paying a pro to install it. If you haven't dealt with Crutchfield before I highly recommend them. Customer service is fantastic. I've replaced the speakers in my last 3 vehicles with items from them. Always willing to help and the master sheets with install instructions are fantastic.
I’ve gotten a lot of stuff for them, they’re very good. My current cars I’ve done all the speakers, added trunk woofers, upgraded amps etc. just with modern tech it’s harder you can’t always just swap stuff out. BMW for example the amp is standalone but the CAN-BUS (whatever that is) lives in the amp so they can’t update your car SW if you replace it. I had to get a custom harness made to install two amps at once and trick the car to avoid ripping my trunk apart every dealer visit.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The wife’s F150 has the B&O. I’m not impressed. The previous Sony systems were better. I don’t know if I’ve ever heard a base Ford system so I only have the Sony to compare it to. I’m not expecting much from the Bronco system but still getting it.

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Simple question ignoring audio quality. Is it louder? With windows down and doors / top removed volume will be very important.

cap12271

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I got to hear the B&O in a 4 door FE today. No motor on and top back. I thought it sounded really good and surpassed my expectation. The caveat here is my prospective- I currently have a 2015 Fusion with platinum package which contains an upgrade Sony system that I would rate at mediocre at best. So for me the B&O is leagues above what I have and I am happy I choose the lux!

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got to hear the B&O in a 4 door FE today. No motor on and top back. I thought it sounded really good and surpassed my expectation. The caveat here is my prospective- I currently have a 2015 Fusion with platinum package which contains an upgrade Sony system that I would rate at mediocre at best. So for me the B&O is leagues above what I have and I am happy I choose the lux!
This makes me feel really good 🤩

Sponsored

b1lf

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haven’t heard the B&O but the dealer gave me a Badlands with a High package for 2 days…

That was one of the worst sound systems I’ve ever heard.

… really hoping I can demo a B&O or I’ll be gutting every bit of the stock system out. Absolutely pathetic for a brand new 2021 vehicle that was completely redesigned.

Meandeane

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had the opportunity to listen to both at the Texas Off-Roadeo. I have the upgraded Alpine system in my 4 door Jeep Wrangler for comparison.

I thought the B&O sounded pretty great honestly, and much better than the base stereo. Given we were driving at low speed but also had the soft top down with it as well and it had plenty of power and sounded good from the driver’s seat. It is of course not as nice as some of the premium systems in an Audi or BMW but it is definitely better than than the Alpine system and my Jeep and I think most will be very happy with it.

I would not be happy with the base stereo in the Bronco, but that’s my opinion and I usually opt for the upgraded factory stereos in my vehicles.

Denny3297

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia, Ranger, Fusion, E450 motorhome, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have heard both the B&O, and the standard. The B&O was in a 2 door Wildtrak, the regular in a 4 door Badlands. I agree as another poster said. The Standard system sucks. One of the worst I've heard. The B&O system exceeded my expectations. It is very adequate. Just my $.02

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Test drove a Bandlands with the B&O the other day. As far as OEM goes it was pretty good. Even with the top down. Much better sounding than the premium Alpine system in my Gladiator. But still no replacement for a good aftermarket set-up with components, an amp and sub.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have heard it and it’s fine
Sponsored