Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes you can, but it doesn't matter if he's already placed the order. He needs to figure out if he can move the order and I don't know if the answer to that is yes or no.
That’s crazy! Who do I talk to?
I have a reservation I tried to move from a willing dealer to another willing dealer and neither dealer nor ford can do it. What’s the secret?
Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So long story short I’m a reservation holder from 5/21…. Seems like it’s been forever but not as bad as most. I have a cyber orange, 2.7, lux, mic, MGV squatched badlands on order and have seen no movement on it, dealer won’t even tell me how far back the line I am.

I had another dealer friend contact me today and said he had an reservation holder drop out and has a Cactus grey, 2.7, lux, mic, leather, tow, squatched badlands he can sell me for 5k over msrp of 63k.

am I crazy for wanting to drive to my dealer for this right now?

did I mention tow?
At this point, I’d probably pay the $5k. I would certainly not be happy about it and since you have that friend at the dealer, maybe they can split the difference with you by giving you more on your trade in.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would wait, because of the color alone. Love my Cyber Orange one, never would want a Cactus Grey one, don't care for that color at all.

Your dealer can't tell you where you are in line, there is no line. Even if they could tell you that you are order number x out of Y it would mean nothing. Main thing that counts is that Ford can build what you ordered and that you then fall into the dealer's allocations and that they want to build a bunch to ship into your area. I was 40 out of 80 reservations at my dealer and got mine way before they ever sold 40, just was lucky that Ford had the parts and all the rest of the logistics fell in place. Otherwise I'd still be waiting or would have gotten a Wrangler by now as I like them just as well.

If you don't need the 7pin connector for break controller, drop the tow package and get one after market, way cheaper and might just move you up a notch.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s crazy! Who do I talk to?
I have a reservation I tried to move from a willing dealer to another willing dealer and neither dealer nor ford can do it. What’s the secret?
Unless there has been some change, we used to be able to just call Ford and have them move the reservation. The original dealer would refund your hundred dollars. But since you've ordered, you're in a different place. And I don't know about moving orders.

OP
OP
ChrisInSC

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would wait, because of the color alone. Love my Cyber Orange one, never would want a Cactus Grey one, don't care for that color at all.

Your dealer can't tell you where you are in line, there is no line. Even if they could tell you that you are order number x out of Y it would mean nothing. Main thing that counts is that Ford can build what you ordered and that you then fall into the dealer's allocations and that they want to build a bunch to ship into your area. I was 40 out of 80 reservations at my dealer and got mine way before they ever sold 40, just was lucky that Ford had the parts and all the rest of the logistics fell in place. Otherwise I'd still be waiting or would have gotten a Wrangler by now as I like them just as well.

If you don't need the 7pin connector for break controller, drop the tow package and get one after market, way cheaper and might just move you up a notch.
I already dropped tow from my reservation. The one at my dealer friend has it. Tow is nice but not a huge deal to me.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I already dropped tow from my reservation. The one at my dealer friend has it. Tow is nice but not a huge deal to me.
Especially with the Curt tow package that's being offered to get your under $200 for the hitch and the harness and it sounds like do it yourself.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I could live with that.

TXBoy79

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

$5K isn’t a bad markup compared to what we’ve seen elsewhere so I’d do it no hesitation.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I'd say that your first move would be to call some other local dealers and see what your area pricing is. You may discover that no one is at MSRP anymore. And if not just relax and wait for your Bronco. You may want to stock up on whiskey for that lol I've been waiting for 10 months from when mine was first produced LOL and I'm now on unit number two since no one knows what happened to unit number one.

Or, if you can't wait and discovered that that 5000 / isn't so bad, go get it. If I had the cactus gray I would do what I've seen pictures of recently and wrap that growth in white. That's a sharp look. But I'm a soft top guy myself.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't do it because I'm sold on the Cyber Orange Color.

I was in Moab last Saturday at the Toyota Cruise Moab Dinner. Here comes a Cyber Orange 4 Door Badlands, Sasquatch. The guy had a Toyota Sticker on the Hood. LOL

I told him I have been waiting 2 years for the Exact Same Bronco albeit a 2 door. I asked him if he reserved the Bronco? He said no. He walked into a dealership 3 weeks ago and bought it off the showroom floor. Someone backed out of their reservation so there it was.

I now have a Build week of May 23 and a VIN. No emails or anything from Ford yet.

ADAWG

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Dodge Dakota, 2006 Harley ElectraGlide
Your Bronco Model
Base
Buy them BOTH! Keep the one you prefer and sell the other for more than ADM and put a couple thousand dollars in your pocket.

SCADABronx

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC100, Gen2 Pilot, MX P100D, Gen1 MDX, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In hindsight, I wouldv'e been better off paying $5k over MSRP for my similar spec Badlands with MIC. The hard top is going to cost way more than that when available as an accessory, whenever that may be. Take the offer

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So long story short I’m a reservation holder from 5/21…. Seems like it’s been forever but not as bad as most. I have a cyber orange, 2.7, lux, mic, MGV squatched badlands on order and have seen no movement on it, dealer won’t even tell me how far back the line I am.

I had another dealer friend contact me today and said he had an reservation holder drop out and has a Cactus grey, 2.7, lux, mic, leather, tow, squatched badlands he can sell me for 5k over msrp of 63k.

am I crazy for wanting to drive to my dealer for this right now?

did I mention tow?
63k for a Bronco is nuts. But go ahead and do it, otherwise someone else probably will. Sooner Ford burns through you guys, the sooner prices drop down to normal.

I sure hope you have a real use for the off-road capability though, else that's a lot of money to spend for play acting on pavement.
Sponsored