HELP! Am I making a mistake?

Take57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's sad when a $5k markup is considered a good deal in todays market. But I'd jump on it.
Agreed. Presumably an MSRP transaction has been/will continue to be profitable. ADM strikes me as greedy and opportunistic.
Sponsored

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Itā€™s only worth it if itā€™s a 2 door. šŸ˜

keep the original reservation
A bronco in hand AND bush is priceless

OP
OP
ChrisInSC

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: due to the long trek to the dealership we are doing the deal at 9 am tomorrow.

On the plus side since he is a client so I get to expense my miles and hotel for the evening lol.

Thanks again for everyone's input

Bronco Inbound!!!!

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, OP made a post asking if he was making a mistake. So I gave an opinion on why I thought he could be making a mistake. Hello, internet.
He was asking for an opinion on whether or not to pay an ADM and getting a Bronco now vs. waiting an unspecified amount of time for his order. He certainly didnā€™t ask to be judged by anyone if he decided to stick to paved surfaces with his $60k+ BLā€¦..thatā€™s whatā€™s baffling. Apparently you didnā€™t understand the assignment. Then again he didnā€™t seem to mind you slapping him around a bit for not letting us all know what his plan was and justify his driving preferences to the ā€œinternetā€. About what youā€™d expect from someone asking the ā€œinternetā€ to help him make a $60k + decision.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have 3K to put in a fire pit I guess itā€™s ā€œworthā€ it.

Donā€™t use your kids to justify a bad decision. Not your build, not your color, and ADM, but itā€™s for the children.

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

He was asking for an opinion on whether or not to pay an ADM and getting a Bronco now vs. waiting an unspecified amount of time for his order. He certainly didnā€™t ask to be judged by anyone if he decided to stick to paved surfaces with his $60k+ BLā€¦..thatā€™s whatā€™s baffling. Apparently you didnā€™t understand the assignment. Then again he didnā€™t seem to mind you slapping him around a bit for not letting us all know what his plan was and justify his driving preferences to the ā€œinternetā€. About what youā€™d expect from someone asking the ā€œinternetā€ to help him make a $60k + decision.
Indio is B6G's most infamous gatekeeper as it relates to how much one should spend and if they should be allowed to buy a Bronco based on their use of said Bronco. There are rumors he's never driven on pavement.....ever:)

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Indio is B6G's most infamous gatekeeper as it relates to how much one should spend and if they should be allowed to buy a Bronco based on their use of said Bronco. There are rumors he's never driven on pavement.....ever:)
Weā€™ll, in that case he better have a plan for Mud Flaps. I think he should spring for the $449 Gatorbacks. He should start a thread and we can all tell him how he should be using his rig.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

YOLO!!! Summer is around the corner. Echo what has already been said. Keep the reservation b/c it doesn't hurt you. See what happens when it actually gets closer.

Future summer version of you will thank the current you when you drop the top and are cruising with a badass Bronco.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
An Extra $5K on a $60k truck, I'd probably do it, drive it for a year, and then sell it when my actual order came in. Between the Sasquatch and the MIC top, I don't see it dropping in value a lot in the near future.

I've seen dealers trying to get $20k ADM on a $30k base.

Only downside is that it is already too late to enjoy top off driving as summer is basically here already.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, OP made a post asking if he was making a mistake. So I gave an opinion on why I thought he could be making a mistake. Hello, internet.
I was fortunate enough to get my two door BL at MSRP, so I can't say I'd jump on it with enthusiasm with a $5k mark up right away. But $5k is better than $10k or higher mark up depending on the trim.

Sponsored

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So long story short Iā€™m a reservation holder from 5/21ā€¦. Seems like itā€™s been forever but not as bad as most. I have a cyber orange, 2.7, lux, mic, MGV squatched badlands on order and have seen no movement on it, dealer wonā€™t even tell me how far back the line I am.

I had another dealer friend contact me today and said he had an reservation holder drop out and has a Cactus grey, 2.7, lux, mic, leather, tow, squatched badlands he can sell me for 5k over msrp of 63k.

am I crazy for wanting to drive to my dealer for this right now?

did I mention tow?
Not crazy at all, go for it!

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
An Extra $5K on a $60k truck, I'd probably do it, drive it for a year, and then sell it when my actual order came in. Between the Sasquatch and the MIC top, I don't see it dropping in value a lot in the near future.

I've seen dealers trying to get $20k ADM on a $30k base.

Only downside is that it is already too late to enjoy top off driving as summer is basically here already.
Too late for top off driving? It hasnā€™t even begun yet

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I totally get this. The guy is one of my clients and friends and I donā€™t begrudge the 5k adm because itā€™s a business. He is a small dealer in small town. I feel very comfortable buying from him. I think Iā€™m pulling the trigger boys.
If you can afford it, $5k is a very small markup - the Hyundai dealership had Elantras with $5k markup in October of last year LOL.

To me,$5k on a loan isn't a huge deal - you are still not upside down in the current market anyway. You could turn and sell it the next day and make money if you change your mind.

Oilman

Outer Banks
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 outer bank 4door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™ve done it,after a month of owning it I am very happy that I paid the overage in order to have it.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
ā€friendsā€ donā€™t sell for $5k over MSRP. That said, 5 over for what you want itā€™s terrible
Sponsored