Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well for everyone else. I live in Oklahoma where the gas prices are the lowest in the country.
Sponsored

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, buy it.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NO. I’ made a reservation in 11/21 it’s due to ship any day…two weeks after I placed my order I took over a cancelled order for exactly what I wanted hard top, etc. and I paid 10k over MSRP and got it in late January and it was the best 10k I’ve spent. I’ve enjoyed the hell out of my Wildtrak for 4 months, don’t regret it for a minute. Now my second one soft top is here and I’m either going to sell it our Turo it.
Do it - life’s short. It makes me smile every time I drive her!!
I don't understand how you can spend 10K more then it's worth and it's the best 10K YOU SPENT!!

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
So long story short I’m a reservation holder from 5/21…. Seems like it’s been forever but not as bad as most. I have a cyber orange, 2.7, lux, mic, MGV squatched badlands on order and have seen no movement on it, dealer won’t even tell me how far back the line I am.

I had another dealer friend contact me today and said he had an reservation holder drop out and has a Cactus grey, 2.7, lux, mic, leather, tow, squatched badlands he can sell me for 5k over msrp of 63k.

am I crazy for wanting to drive to my dealer for this right now?

did I mention tow?
I switched to a soft top to get my Bronco sooner, and it worked. I ordered 12/21 and took delivery 3/22, no reservation. I'm staring to like the soft top, but basically its no different than your situation because purchasing a hard top will likely be in the $5K range.

ForestGirl

Wildtrak
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak, '14 C7, 1928 T-Bucket
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't understand how you can spend 10K more then it's worth and it's the best 10K YOU SPENT!!
Why not? If I’m essentially throwing away 10k, it's been a fun vehicle to overpay for. My next one I"ll pay MSRP for. I find it interesting that people have a hard time when others overpay for something to get it now. I paid to have it sooner, and I've enjoyed every minute of it!

Last edited:

Sponsored

wedemmoez

Badlands
First Name
Moez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not at all.

My dealer had no idea when my order would be built. The Bronco I bought was an abandoned order that matched everything on my order except for color. I paid $5k over and could not be happier.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want it now, buy it. I waited and got 2021 pricing on my 2022 plus my supplier discount.

OP
OP
ChrisInSC

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s happening boys, signing paperwork now. While I did pay an ADM the dealer gave me 2k more than carmax for my trade! Then buried the adm in the trade so I didn’t have to pay sales tax on the ADM ($450 savings). Got me $1000 of free accessories from dealer discretionary fund. Only add was my choice of windshield protection for $200.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Even the wealthy qualified buyers of the limited edition Ford GT only paid sticker….

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Carvana’s algorithm says my 4runner is worth 28k. I have a carmax quote in hand for 37k. They have pulled back way heavy on being competitive recently because they have been making boneheaded purchases and losing money, look at the stock price. With the purchase of adesa they are also cash strapped and looking at raising more funding. Carvana honestly is a joke and will either be gone in 5 years or a market leader depends on how their acquisition turns out.
Apparently Vroom’s algorithm sucks as well…..Carvana put a 2021 CG, BB, 4dr Bronco with 4,200 miles, soft top, mid pkg, Sig lighting and $2,600 worth of tires and other upgrades
at: $32,561. Vroom came in at $33,000.
I haven’t checked Car Max because I don’t want to drive a hundred miles, but the market on Broncos is definitely going soft.

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Congrats man!!

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I appreciate all the feedback guys but honestly, the build is 90% of what I want minus the color. My thought process is this. I work in the automotive sector, I've been running my existing 4runner through Vauto (Dealer Valuation Tool) every month for the last 6 months. The number keeps dropping and if the trend continues when I get my actual order I feel like I will be pretty close to even.

That said I can buy this bronco today.... play with it all summer and flip it when my actual order arrives in the near or distant future. Or I just keep it and use the hell out of it. I don't foresee a huge drop in value to it in the next 6 months to a year. Dealers are selling this usually with a 15-20k markup on it and they sell fast.

If it was a soft top I'd be out. How many of us settled on a soft top and now have to pay 5-7k for aftermarket or OEM hardtop in the future if we want one.

There are not many Badlands Squatch 2.7, MIC, LUX, Leather, Tow badlands to be had right now.

In the meantime, I want to enjoy my summer in sunny southern California with my kids.

Also, update spoke to the dealer and he is doing 3k ADM now because I put the screws on him on how he owes me a favor.

I will post pictures once in my possession. I may be getting it tomorrow as the dealership is 3-4 hours away.
I live near you in Laguna Woods and we are having a Ford parade coming up (I think it's the 21st) with all era Fords, I bet there won't be any new Broncos, want to be in it? It's just a parade of Fords driving through the community and in and out a couple of gates.

Also coffee and cars is down there in San Clemente, if you are thinking of going shoot me a DM, I ride my Triumph there once in a while.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Only downside is that it is already too late to enjoy top off driving as summer is basically here already.
He's on the ocean, no problem with top off during the summer like AZ.:cool:
Sponsored