Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Need help. cant decide between wildtrak and badlands. Like the outside of the wildtrak, like everything badlands has to offer. Like the stance of the non sasquatch, so my wife can get in the badlands easier, will put tube step on wildtrak if we go with it. Both have lux package. have to decide soon. please help.

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/config/exterior/Config[|Ford|Bronco|2021|1|1.|354A.E5C..YZ...61L.43L.47B.18D.D5HAB.RET.]

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/config/exterior/Config[|Ford|Bronco|2021|1|1.|334A.E5C..NE...47B.D5HAB.RET.99P.64Y.]

1615498104622.png
1615498179109.png
I just changed from WT to BL. I love the WT, but I don't think it will be practical for what I will be using it for. I decided not to sqatch for many of the reasons you mentioned. It was a difficult decision, but ultimately I moved to a fairly loaded BL. Florida is a long way from any deserts, and I think when we take the Bronco on the road it will be better in a nonsquatched bronco...had to add leather seats for my bride.
Sponsored

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What I like about the wildtrak is: FOG LIGHTS, matching door handles, black beauty ring and side mirrors.
Was going to go BB w mid package... but then I would have to swap out beauty rings and no 12" screen , which I suddenly had to have. I didn't really need the larger engine... but I guess it will be fine.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was in a similar mind loop. I really hate the orange accents in the BL, would probably need to add some aftermarket rock rails/steps, and have no need for the heavy armor, rock crawl mode. I liked the interior and the manual (lux), not a fan of the DIT 2.3 and losing some of the off-road features. (I believe the 2.7 auto WT would be more capable off road for my use), but the interior (leather was needed to get rid of that awful cloth) would be unworkable for me, it would never get clean. Liked the blackout exterior better as well, so I split the difference. Ordered the BL manual, if I get it, fantastic! Will enjoy it. If I get pushed to a '22, will see if they fixed the WT interior and maybe change then. The interior was really the final tipping point.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ehhh not really.
Ya that’s my point... I thought it was stupid and offered nothing to the OP’s question by bad mouthing one trim vs. another

Sponsored
OP
OP

megaiceman

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was in a similar mind loop. I really hate the orange accents in the BL, would probably need to add some aftermarket rock rails/steps, and have no need for the heavy armor, rock crawl mode. I liked the interior and the ma
[ATTACH=full]97428[/ATTACH]
nual (lux), not a fan of the DIT 2.3 and losing some of the off-road features. (I believe the 2.7 auto WT would be more capable off road for my use), but the interior (leather was needed to get rid of that awful cloth) would be unworkable for me, it would never get clean. Liked the blackout exterior better as well, so I split the difference. Ordered the BL manual, if I get it, fantastic! Will enjoy it. If I get pushed to a '22, will see if they fixed the WT interior and maybe change then. The interior was really the final tipping point.
what color did you decide on?

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ya that’s my point... I thought it was stupid and offered nothing to the OP’s question by bad mouthing one trim vs. another
The people who chose the different trims either really know what they're doing or NOT AT ALL. I haven't really figured out the madness behind the method yet. Seems to me the build/price could have been substantially better with more inclusion of the high pkg or at least 12", a full on black interior in cloth, mod bumper, side step delete.

If you like 12", SAS, fog lights and prefer all black wheels to that horrible side step.. then the WT is really your only choice.

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not bad mouthing anything, I originally was going with an Outer Banks, after starting to add options I wanted I got right into Wildtrack pricing. I built a Badlands and the pricing was within 1k but you're getting a washout interior (that looks much better IMO) / Hydraulic sway disconnect. Losing 35s but after seeing and sitting in them 33s are more than enough to be climbing in every day.

Sponsored

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If choosing based on budget, the WT has almost everything standard on it, just add the tube step like you said. If upgrading the BL, it will come out more expensive than standard WT. like others have said, depends what you plan to use it for. Either way, both are good choices

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WT dash and leather look like they will show dirt and fingerprints forever, no amount of cleaning will help

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands, beacuse the Wildtrak interiors (either one, doesn't matter) are abominations. The patterns are odd, the dash is tan color, and it clashes with about every color other than Shadow Black or Race Red.

Without the real info, I initially reserved a WT. Then pics of the real-deal WT interiors were revealed and I spent weeks twisting myself into knots trying to figure how option it so it doesn't look awful before I gave up.

I'm not sure how Cactus Grey will go with the BL's MGV interior colors on a BL, but it is still superior to the WT.
Sponsored