Sponsored

Help me convince wife to switch from FE Sport to a 2/4 door.

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So this is partially (maybe totally) my fault. I placed an order for a First Edition Sport to replace my wife’s Subaru Forester XT. I really wanted a 2/4 door but the car is for her. She’s convinced that the full-size Bronco will be too big but that’s what I really want her to get. I still have 3-4 years to go before I retire and would need to replace my fleet truck at that time. I’m thinking of reserving a 2/4 door anyway in the hopes that it gets pushed to 2022. I know I’ll be at the back of the line and the Subaru is running fine so waiting is not an issue. By that time maybe we could trade in the Sport on a full-size or I just wait until I retire. My only hope is that she hates the navy pier interior and we walk away from the Sport.
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take these steps in order:

1) Cancel her Sport reservation
2) Place a reservation for the Bronco (you can change from 2 to 4 door and trim so don't worry about picking that right now)
3) Ask for forgiveness later

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Use reverse psychology.
Tell her she MUST get the Sport that it is more “feminine “ and less adventurous looking and better suited for her.

Tell her she must NOT get the Bronco as it is too out doorsy looking and better suited for someone who wants to portray their excessive love of the outdoors.

Tell her the Bronco is more masculine and tough looking and only suited for a younger woman.?

Tell her the Bronco will attract too much attention especially from the opposite sex.

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BDub, I'm over on the Sport forum also. Overall, I like the Sport (Badlands + BL). It is the only viable trim level, IMO. You'll pay too much for a FE Sport without any distinction other than Navy Pier and sticker graphics on the exterior. Still stuck on the 2.0 DI and the tech is already dated with the Sync 3.

You should look at the Big Bend trim and you'll be able to still have a comfortably outfitted ride while keeping a pile of cash in your pocket. From what I understand, you wife won't be doing any rock-crawling (if I remember from the Sport forum). She can ride in the Big Bend for a few years and hopefully, the Sport offers a larger engine and updated tech in future MYs. I'm keeping my eye on the Sporthog with a presumption that it is available in MY 2023 when the Big Bronco Warthog is available.

Edit: If a Sport is an only option for her, drop down to the BL + BL. Save the money. The FE Sport isn't going to retain value as all the Sport trims are already using dated tech.

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Take her to a Jeep dealership, show her a 2 and 4 door wrangler, Ford's dimensions on the bronco literally have it an near match to that vehicle (almost like they were trying to target it or something ???).

Sponsored

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3) Ask for forgiveness later
Ha, glutton for punishment :).

Take a look at a Ranger and 2/4 Door Jeep to get a feeling for size. Range is the same chassis (I think) so that will give a feeling for size. I think Jeeps have about the same space as the Bronco.

Also you could tell here that if she doesn't like it then she can get what she wants when you sell your fleet truck.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tell her the Bronco is more masculine and tough looking and only suited for a younger woman.?
If you do this, report back here to let us know that you are OK.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The sport isn’t a bad choice but if you wanted the 2 or 4 door, I think you might not like it down the line. The Badlands will be capable but not as much as the mid size Broncos. The sport is probably gonna be great for the people that don’t want or like the look of the new Escape.

If size is an issue maybe consider getting the 2 door. I’d make a reservation for the mid size Bronco than worry about it later because it’s refundable.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why not just let her get the car she wants? In 3-4 years, then it’s your turn and you get to get what you want. Seems pretty simple to me ??

Sponsored

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So this is partially (maybe totally) my fault. I placed an order for a First Edition Sport to replace my wife’s Subaru Forester XT. I really wanted a 2/4 door but the car is for her. She’s convinced that the full-size Bronco will be too big but that’s what I really want her to get. I still have 3-4 years to go before I retire and would need to replace my fleet truck at that time. I’m thinking of reserving a 2/4 door anyway in the hopes that it gets pushed to 2022. I know I’ll be at the back of the line and the Subaru is running fine so waiting is not an issue. By that time maybe we could trade in the Sport on a full-size or I just wait until I retire. My only hope is that she hates the navy pier interior and we walk away from the Sport.
If you're in no real hurry, just wait until she can see the Bronco in person. I bet she'll love the option to go topless (no pun intended).
Let her see the non sasquatch in person, and if she still thinks it's too big then let her get the sport.

I bet she will change her mind.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go sit in a Ranger. They are similar in size. They won't be that big. The Bronco's aren't full size SUV's. Think midsize.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nothing wrong with the Sport. Very cool truck .I would 100% buy it if the big Bronco wasn't an option for me.

If she wants the Sport as her vehicle... Why not let her get what she wants?

What answers will you get from here that will help convince her of the big Bronco? Or are you just looking for justification to do what you want?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Use reverse psychology.
Tell her she MUST get the Sport that it is more “feminine “ and less adventurous looking and better suited for her.

Tell her she must NOT get the Bronco as it is too out doorsy looking and better suited for someone who wants to portray their excessive love of the outdoors. Tell her the Bronco is more masculine and tough looking and only suited for a younger woman.?

Tell her the Bronco will attract too much attention especially from the opposite sex.

Ford Bronco Help me convince wife to switch from FE Sport to a 2/4 door. giphy (55)
Sponsored