First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I want a blinking red light to tell me to shift like a rally car or a desert racing truck.
Sponsored

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good lord that instrument panel is hideous. A big screen chopping into the speedo, yeesh. Give me symmetrical anolog gauges all day, speedo, fuel, tach, temp. Throw in a screen in the middle of the cluster or across the top. I do like the Edge panel though with the speedo in the center and you can bring up the tach, temp and other info on either side though.

If they were going for a retro feel I think they missed an opportunity to pop in an old school looking modern gauge on the left like the old dash panels, tone down and move that info screen over a bit .
Ford Bronco high-level instrument panel gauge

fltechpilot

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S3 1984 Porsche 928S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Analog is more quickly interpreted by the brain. That's why even the most advanced glass cockpits generally have an analog display (coupled with a digital embed for exact accuracy) - pilot workload and information overload is a real thing, and there are plenty of studies about it that guide design in this field. There are some crazy visual "gauge" designs out there, many we wouldn't even recognize without training - but the brain translates the depiction into usable data more quickly.

Think about it: if all your dial-type gauges are oriented/graduated such that normal operation zones are indicated at the 12:00 position, you know at a glance across even a very a large panel that everything is okay so long as all the needles are at the 12:00. If each is a digital value that you have to associate with the function and mentally note the minimum, maximum, and standard operating values, that can take a great deal of time to process. An analog outer "gauge" with the digital display inside it is a fairly common practice in aviation as it satisfies both the instant attention as well as the specifics of the sensor.

No longer limited to physical constraints of what we can display mechanically, there are a variety of intrinsically informative designs for instant recognition of a condition, status, or value. We have some great opportunities to do things with color, size, and other attention-getting factors to highlight alarm, out-of-range status, or inconsistencies, but this area seems to be lagging in the auto industry. Apps like your phone, coupled with OBD data, are giving us the ability to customize the way our information is displayed to what best suits our individual needs - I hope to see that integrated into OEM products more widely as time goes by.
hmmm do you have a degree in human factors as well?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've offroaded manuals for years. I can't think of a single time where I was paying attention to the tach. If it's a technical trail I'm watching the trail and my spotter and listening to the engine, not watching the dash. The sound of the engine will tell me if I need to shift. Heck, I've driven super base model manuals that had no tach at all. It's a 'nice to have' but not a 'need to have'.
When in full control of gearing and RPM, as with a manual, I insist on having an indicator of RPM.

With my dual-sport, I had to modify the exhaust just enough so that I could hear the tone through the helmet and wind noise.

My Tacoma does have a tach, and it is useful for both general information and important information.

In certain situations, highway noise/aggrrssive tire buzz overwhelms the Tacos normal feedback. At one particularly point in my daily commute I constantly find myself running in the high 5000s if the merge was hectic and I forgot to upshift after squeezing between the maniacs on my left.... a problem solved by having that information on my dash.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe you follow what the other lines are doing and you most likely find your answer. Ford Lingo, these are called Productivity Screens.
F-150 XLT = 2.3"

F-150 Lariat = 8"
I can't live without that little gas pump with the triangle on the dash telling me what side my gas door is on ?, I have 3 fords, 2 have gas door on the right side and my F-150 is on the Left ?

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At 64 years old now my new high-level instrument panel will be set up under the old KISS principle LOL

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Checkout the dash Mr. LEVINE just posted

Not Bronco but its a nice Ford vehicle dash

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I could be wrong, but my gut tells me the Bronco BP is only showing the high end.
I assume like their other models more digital, more LCD for the higher end. Thats what the F150s are like and here is the Bronco sport comparison from B&P

Ford Bronco high-level instrument panel Screenshot_2020-11-28 Build Your Bronco

Ford Bronco high-level instrument panel Screenshot_2020-11-28 Build Your Bronco(1)

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

When in full control of gearing and RPM, as with a manual, I insist on having an indicator of RPM.

With my dual-sport, I had to modify the exhaust just enough so that I could hear the tone through the helmet and wind noise.

My Tacoma does have a tach, and it is useful for both general information and important information.

In certain situations, highway noise/aggrrssive tire buzz overwhelms the Tacos normal feedback. At one particularly point in my daily commute I constantly find myself running in the high 5000s if the merge was hectic and I forgot to upshift after squeezing between the maniacs on my left.... a problem solved by having that information on my dash.
Agree with the merging comment. I will say though happens less now that I don’t normally have my music turned up to “11”

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’m not gonna lie to you guys. I’d be pretty salty if they gave us lower trim folk this garbage in the year 2021/2022. Wouldn’t be a deal breaker though. Regardless, I don’t think that it’s going in any Bronco. Ford Website states verbatim an 8-inch Color LCD Instrument Panel is standard.

Ford Bronco high-level instrument panel Screenshot_2020-11-28 Build Your Bronco(1)
Funny - I'd actually move down to get it.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s the High Level Instrument Panel ?
another question we need answered before we order.
Sponsored