Raideljawn

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I picked up a 4 door OBX sas,2.6l, Lux package with all the other goodies, some how at MSRPšŸ˜….. am I wrong to say itā€™s basically a wildtrack? All Iā€™m missing is a goat mode right? Lol
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That observation has been made before and seems pretty accurate from my perspective. At least now WT finally has Hoss 3.0 exclusively available to be unique.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it was a 2021 or 2022ā€¦ I would agree. I honestly didnā€™t see any reason why the Wildtrak trim existed early on and it blew me away that so many people ordered one.

Now that HOSS 3.0 is standardā€¦ Wildtrak as itā€™s own trim makes a lot more sense.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I picked up a 4 door OBX sas,2.6l, Lux package with all the other goodies, some how at MSRPšŸ˜….. am I wrong to say itā€™s basically a wildtrack? All Iā€™m missing is a goat mode right? Lol
Honest answer.......Mechanically you're closer to a well optioned Base. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you would've sprung for the Wildtrak, they wouldn't have shorted you .1L of displacement in your engine.
Just saying šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Sponsored
OP
OP
Raideljawn

Raideljawn

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you would've sprung for the Wildtrak, they wouldn't have shorted you .1L of displacement in your engine.
Just saying šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Lmao šŸ˜‚ typo

OP
OP
Raideljawn

Raideljawn

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If it was a 2021 or 2022ā€¦ I would agree. I honestly didnā€™t see any reason why the Wildtrak trim existed early on and it blew me away that so many people ordered one.

Now that HOSS 3.0 is standardā€¦ Wildtrak as itā€™s own trim makes a lot more sense.
Itā€™s a 22, so seems like little to no difference with this model years wildtrack- itā€™s crazy ford had the hoss 3.0 as a option šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļøglad they listen to their customers I guess

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ignoring the MY'23 HOSS 3.0 differentiation, I would argue that a MY'22 loaded OBX (same options as what is standard on the WT) is a step above the MY'22 WT. The MY'22 WT had it's mirror caps and door handles downgraded to match the MIC top when the MOD top became unobtanium. So they were left with a gloss black grill and MIC colored mirror caps/door handles whereas at least the MY'21 WT had matching trim components that were intended to match the gloss black MOD top.

With MY'23, they still have mismatched trim components, but they have the HOSS 3.0. Maybe the MY'24 WT will finally become what it was intended at launch.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Because Hoss 3.0 (which came in late MY22) can't be optioned on any other trim, similar to Disco being a stand alone feature on the Badlands. My Base has the 2.7, auto, Sas, nothing separates it mechanically from the Obx, it is missing the nanny equipment and creature comforts of the higher trims.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thatā€™s why I ordered the OBX also. Itā€™ll never go rock climbing, and the Sasquatch package fits the bill. I also happen to like the OBX wheels, (I know Iā€™m probably in the minority, but so what?)
Ford Bronco Honest question 3EA5A5CE-230A-46CB-98D7-5CF4EC4A3099
Sponsored