2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My Bronco has:
  • Crappy materials
  • Crappy fit & finish
  • Crappy software/electronics glitches
The strange thing is, I don't give a crap! It is still a fantastic product that puts a smile on my face every time I drive it or even just glance back at it after I've parked.
Sponsored

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The drive is great. Problems are going to happen. 3 tops going for the 4th, and 1 subwoofer replaced and 1 front driveshaft, a few warnings on the dash. Other than that an honest review? Yes deal with some issues, new product, going to happen, when ironed out, a fantastic SUV!

Last edited:

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don't buy it if you don't plan to milk it for what its worth. If you're just gonna drive it on the road as a grocery getter, you're better off getting something else. But if you actually plan to give it hell, then there's no better car to do it with.

Also, my windows rattle like a bitch and I've been in cyclones that have been quieter than this thing driving upwind. This thing's built like crap.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The quality, reliability and options are right in line with a entry level Ford vehicle.

The price is inline with a mid level luxury vehicle.

If that doesn't bother you, go ahead and join the fun! Bronco and good financial decision do not go together. Don't even try to justify it with reason.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Got a used FE about a year ago. Had a modem issue and steering wheel issue when I got it. Battery was low too(from not being driven).

After those initial things, I havenā€™t had issues. Would buy again.

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We absolutely love our 2Dr 2.7 BadLands. It is a 3rd vehicle for my wife and I, not our daily driver. Yet it still has over 16,000 miles in one year of ownership. Yes, plasticky. Yes, noisy. Yes, radio is worse than the one my first 1979 mustang had. No, we donā€™t care. Itā€™s just badass.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased new 1 year ago a 22 Badlands 4door umbrella top non sas, mod bumper, MGV seats, 2.3 auto and couldnā€™t be happier. 6k miles. I donā€™t daily drive except weekends and trips. Only repair early on was a new pre collision alert camera. Body fit looks fine. Been comparing it to the competition and itā€™s better. Perfect? No. Paint has no flaws. Engine and tranny work great. Power is there. Fun factor is high. Seating is very comfortable even on long road trips. Interior hard plastic could be more durable/scratch resistant. AC works very well. Radio has a few glitches with CarPlay. But that seems normal for most cars. Rear cargo space is large. Overall Iā€™m pleased with my purchase. Love driving it and look forward to the next day I get to drive it. Like looking at it every time I walk past it. Iā€™ll even open it to smell it or hear all the noises it makes when you wake it up opening a door.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just remember you guys, everyone that says my Bronco has issue X, Y, Z and/or if you own a Bronco you have to learn to deal with A, B, C but I wouldn't not own the Bronco! is saying the EXACT same thing Jeep drivers have said for decades...

tbruz

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Tahoe 2-door, 1976 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Day2 order holder.
Have had my 2021 BL 2 door SAS with Lux for almost 2 years now 15K miles, Dec 2021 delivery.
ZERO problems in that time period.
So far three tire rotations, 4 oil changes, 1 cabin air filter and 1 engine air filter- al done my me, yes I over-maintain.
1 wind shield replacement at 10K miles is the only repair. Luckily so far none of the TSBs(windshield glue, drive shaft etc) applied to my ride.
Its not Mercedes quality or quite but that's not what I wanted.
Im more than happy and looking at a new Explorer for the wifes ride.
Tbruz

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 22 Black Diamond with the 2.7, automatic, and hard top. I have 21k miles on mine. I haven't made any modifications but I am thinking about going to 33 inch tires. The only warranty repair I took it in for was a squeeky rear hatch. The dealer put some kind of lubricant on the rubber to quiet it down. I'm torn about Bronco's. There's hardly any cooler vehicle I'd prefer for the price but the cheap feel of it is pretty evident when you think about it critically.

Bad stuff:
  • As everyone admits, the sound system is embarrasingly bad. There's no subwoofer in mine and the speakers are low quality.
  • I am noticing small specks where the paint has chipped off despite the fact that I never drive on gravel roads. You can't notice it unless you get really close, like when hand washing.
  • When I put the vehicle into reverse, I notice that the backup camera gets frozen and laggy for a few seconds. Then it catches up and works right. I think there might be a recall out about this.
  • It's kind of shocking that I don't get heated seats or automatic climate control included in a 47k vehicle. Those features were available in a "mid package" but that package also included auto braking lane keep assist, which are features I hate.
  • I think the guage cluster is kind of lame. I'd rather have a traditional round tach and speedometer guage.
  • THe Infotainment screen is laggy.
  • The vehicle blares a double horn beep if you leave it running and take the key fob with you. I despise this "feature".
Good stuff:
  • It looks cool and you feel cool driving it.
  • The top comes off. I love taking the top off.
  • Race red is one of the best colors you can get on any vehicle. I love it.
  • The 2.7 offers a lot of grunt. It feels like plenty of power to me and I average 20.5 mpg which is shockingly good for a heavy off-road SUV. I probably get good fuel economy because the BD comes standard with 31.5 inch tires and I drive it pretty reasonably and live in a moderate climate.

Sponsored

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We absolutely love our 2Dr 2.7 BadLands. It is a 3rd vehicle for my wife and I, not our daily driver. Yet it still has over 16,000 miles in one year of ownership. Yes, plasticky. Yes, noisy. Yes, radio is worse than the one my first 1979 mustang had. No, we donā€™t care. Itā€™s just badass.
A third vehicle? She's a lucky lady!

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Bronco has:
  • Crappy materials
  • Crappy fit & finish
  • Crappy software/electronics glitches
The strange thing is, I don't give a crap! It is still a fantastic product that puts a smile on my face every time I drive it or even just glance back at it after I've parked.
I do give a crap. I should get a quality product that I feel good about for the kind of money we're paying for these things. What would it have cost Ford to use a computer chip that wasn't laggy? An extra 50$? What do heated seats cost them? 15$ extra?

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OP, did you get Sasquatch or no? Iā€™ve been pleasantly surprised with the mpg (23 combined) and overall ride quality of my non sas Big Bend. The manual transmission is a dream and couldnā€™t imagine not having it. Iā€™ve had a hardtop and a Trektopā€¦ both have their pros and cons. Not really sure which I like better but more than paid the truck off with the crazy amount of money I got from selling the hardtop haha. Sound system is plain awful in stock form (yours might be ok now that I think subwoofer is standard). Build quality and materials are not great. Doors much easier to remove than I thought they would be which is nice. Itā€™s been fun but also not the easiest thing to live with everyday after the excitement wears off a bit. Iā€™ll likely sell it and get the new Tacoma in model year 2 next year.

USSCajun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 BD, Sas, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Itā€™s an American car, until warmed up the engine/transmission is a lot unrefined noises, squeaks and unruly behavior compared to the five 4Runners and FJ that I have owned. Not sure how this equates to longevity, but itā€™s a GDI engine so no way it will last as long as the 4Runners or FJ.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
22 Badlands 2.3L 7mt soft top base package, 7600miles so far. Aside from the 7mt cold start scraping noise, and a leaky front pinion seal, my Bronco has been an absolute blast to drive. No other issues besides those mentioned above. I love everything about it.
Sponsored