First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made a new thread for today's wrenching discoveries. @NORCALGXP probably is going to feel cheated on.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...intenance-staring-someone-elses-bronco.75057/

This is the bronco that killed the inner tie rod. The drivers bushing was &#$@.

PXL_20230607_175604694.jpg
Think that one is gonna need a replacement rack. I'm starting to learn that these "bushings" as we call them, aren't really bushings per se, they are more like a cushion...last line of defense the housing has when it's pushed out of tolerance. The true rack support is further in there, and looks like this guy used all of it...and then some!
Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Think that one is gonna need a replacement rack. I'm starting to learn that these "bushings" as we call them, aren't really bushings per se, they are more like a cushion...last line of defense the housing has when it's pushed out of tolerance. The true rack support is further in there, and looks like this guy used all of it...and then some!
We talked about it, he definitely understand that he has damaged the steering rack. For such a mild wheeler the damage is pretty impressive 😁. He did Bronco Safari and has wheeled 3-4 mild trails. I kept the bushing, I am fascinated with how bad it was. My broken rack didn't have that kind of damage.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We talked about it, he definitely understand that he has damaged the steering rack. For such a mild wheeler the damage is pretty impressive 😁. He did Bronco Safari and has wheeled 3-4 mild trails. I kept the bushing, I am fascinated with how bad it was. My broken rack didn't have that kind of damage.
We will have to compare it to my rack after I pull it. I have thousands of miles of heavy use with heavy 37x13.5.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whats the specs on his Bronco? 2dr/4dr squatch/non squatch, etc? And added lift?
EDIT: After re-reading your post it says 2" lift on Hitachis so definitely non squatch/badlands. Is it a 4dr?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whats the specs on his Bronco? 2dr/4dr squatch/non squatch, etc? And added lift?
EDIT: After releasing your post it says 2" lift on Hitachis so definitely non squatch/badlands. Is it a 4dr?
4 Door OBX, 2.3, Automatic, non SAS with a zone 2" lift and 35s. He hasn't had the lift and tires very long. We have wheeled a few times together, he is not hard on his Bronco.

He bought it used with a few miles on it, originally just hads some 33" tires with RTR wheels.

Last edited:

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 Door OBX, 2.3, Automatic, non SAS with a zone 2" lift and 35s. He hasn't had the lift and tires very long. We have wheeled a few times together, he is not hard on his Bronco.

He bought it used with a few miles on it, originally just hads some 33" tires with RTR wheels.
Lol, you sound like a used car salesman...next your gonna tell me "only driven to church on the freeway"🤣

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Party is just getting started!
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT 1686235514122

Somebody say Rubicon?
Come on out ready to run Rubicon trail again. Very cool keep us posted on what it takes to swap all the parts.

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope the ford internals are up to par for this beast. Looks great. Serious envy.
There's a couple of them in the wild already. I'm more doing it to learn the process, cause I'm looking to install these in the future...mine is the guinea pig!

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Glad it’s you not me. 😂

just kidding. Much appreciated. Keep the info coming.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curious how long this takes?