Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Curious how long this takes?
It took longer to get setup than it did to program the racks. The racks only take about 5 mins each to program after the initial setup (15 minutes or so).

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tried a Raptor tie rod and it's too long so just went with the HOSS. Another note, the HOSS boot will NOT fit on the standard rack due to the HOSS rack end being larger. You can still use the stock rack boot, it will just be a little tight on the inner tie rod and may take a few tries to get the end to lock into the groove.

Sponsored

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You able to help out @MUDLVR ?
Yes he did! He programmed it and it was shipped out this morning. I'll keep you updated on how it matches up and whether I get any errors, even though I most likely won't.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tried a Raptor tie rod and it's too long so just went with the HOSS. Another note, the HOSS boot will NOT fit on the standard rack due to the HOSS rack end being larger. You can still use the stock rack boot, it will just be a little tight on the inner tie rod and may take a few tries to get the end to lock into the groove.
What is most of interest is that the Raptor rack has a larger end housing than a Hoss rack. Have still not seen any photos of the Raptor rack to really compare to a Hoss. Any insight?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is most of interest is that the Raptor rack has a larger end housing than a Hoss rack. Have still not seen any photos of the Raptor rack to really compare to a Hoss. Any insight?
I've got a couple of the inner/boot kits coming next week and can post some pics and measurements.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've got a couple of the inner/boot kits coming next week and can post some pics and measurements.
Thanks I have 2.0 and 3.0 boots. What I'm really looking for is photos of a Raptor rack from multiple angles to see if there is larger webbing and what size difference there are between 3.0 and Raptor. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, she's in!
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT 20230610_150437

I didn't take alot of pics during the build cause this is my 1st one, and really wanted to concentrate on not effing it up (which I did a little, but saved it). 1st off, this build isn't hard per se, but NOT a "shadetree" type deal. I know there's some really sharp diy guys out there, and ya, you could probably pull this off, but just as easy you could wreck the whole deal and end up w/$5k of worthless junk on your bench. If I had another one to do it would go smoother...but I'm glad I got one done! 2nd off, when you unbox the housing it's drop dead gorgeous out of the box...really a work of art...but it ain't gonna stay that way. Just like the 3.0 is a little thicker and needs to be shoehorned in, this gal is thicker still...no way to get it in w/out scratching the pretty housing, unless diff is completely removed...but once you are past "rubbing the shine off it" you are all good...she fits!. Other than that, the main challenge is keeping all parts "timed". Sorta like doing a timing chain, or belt on a multi cam PITA type engine, except...here's the kicker...theres no marks to time it anywhere...you gotta make your own (kinda). I'm told (and this makes sense) that the sensors positions, and all are learned when the PSCM is flashed...therefore doing this to a brand new unflashed rack would be much easier, but I doubt that will happen much in the field...more likely customer brings in a vehicle w/an already installed Hoss 3.0 or Raptor for this.
While I'm right here, I took pics of the parts that @Snacktime always posts. My 3.0 rack had the whole week of Bronco safari in Moab on it, but other than that mostly street time. I don't really see anything w/the plastic things in there, but maybe you guys do?
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT 20230610_112612
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT 20230610_112619

IDK...steering has always felt fine, and I beat on it at least a little...anyhow, here's whats leftover:
Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT 20230610_145953

If anybody wants it for educational purposes, I don't need any money for it, just reimburse me for shipping. No codes, steering feels good (actually feels real nice!). My plan is to build these for customers, and I'm just in the R&D phase yet, but if anybody wants more info feel free to PM me!

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Bmadda looks good! So it's about the same as a timing belt? To me it looked more like installing an ignition system.
Ya that's kinda a good comparison...like TFI+stator in the old days, but on a grand scale parts wise. Only thing that sucks is you gotta time parts that you cant see once installed, and couldn't see till removed, and have no factory marks...so alot like putting a TFI+stator in in the field in the ole days, you gotta mark some stuff during disassembly, but (unlike that) you can't see those marks after you assemble...you gotta trust yourself that you did it right...and there is 2x stators...it's a "beotch", but if an ordinary ape like myself an do it...then it can be done! I feel I understand the whole "electric rack" system now

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Install question.

My 3.0 rack should be here in a week, then out for programming. Can I remove my current rack and install without removing the front axle, or should I wait a couple months for when I get my new axles and do all at once?
I currently have the M190 with FAD.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Install question.

My 3.0 rack should be here in a week, then out for programming. Can I remove my current rack and install without removing the front axle, or should I wait a couple months for when I get my new axles and do all at once?
I currently have the M190 with FAD.
M190 makes it easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy. You can do it w/the bigger one too, but it's a little tight

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

M190 makes it easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy. You can do it w/the bigger one too, but it's a little tight
Sounds good. I’ll install it while I wait for axles.

Anyone have a problem getting the core charge back? I told my parts guy what I was doing and he thought it was cool. He wondered if Ford would have a problem with returning a different rack than what I was buying. He didn’t have a problem with it, but said he didn’t know if it would be a problem or not once returned.
Sponsored