Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So maybe I missed it but downloading the AB for a hoss 3 then using that ab with your bronco use the restore all option will it populate the pscm?

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My feelings are hurt by restricting proud Bronco owner's ability to upgrade to a performance part that is adequate to match the rest of the vehicle's performance factor. All Broncos should have come factory with the beefier steering rack and tie rods. Seriously and when you look at how puny these parts are in person you can tell they would be fine for the Bronco Sport with 32" tires or smaller but not for a designated full-size off-road vehicle equipped with 35" tires (Sas). The very least Ford can do is allow us, performance seekers, to pay for their design mistakes by making the path to upgrade easy.

I have already spend $1,600 on BroncBuster's steering upgrades and am happy with his parts being robust and bullet-proof; these parts are mounted/installed on a power wheel steering rack. I want the beefier steering rack with BroncBuster future mods to strengthen it even further.
Agreed. To not have the beefier rack and tie rods on the rock crawling focused bronco isn't just idiotic it makes no sense. Then to offer it on the Wildtrak only throws me into further circles. I don't care about the fox shocks. Keep that as the differentiator. But give us this HP rack and TRE. If ford added this as an option for MY23 it would make my long ass wait so worth it.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Performance said they'd release this kit for 2 and 4 door Broncos.
It's just a matter of time, and as I've had some experience with Ford and timing while going through the Bronco reservation ordeal, I'm guessing we can expect something within the next few years...

Hopefully the DIY'ers here can get us something working quicker, and it will be an 'easy' upgrade to the FP official programming for those of us that want to rely on dealership maintenance without trying to explain custom upgrades.

Ford Performance Parts also developed several new Bronco chassis components for the Bronco two- and four-door SUVs, including new severe-duty steering rack and tie rod ends to further improve steering system durability under high loads.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/revealed-custom-build-broncos-to-debut-at-sema-2021.26347/

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So maybe I missed it but downloading the AB for a hoss 3 then using that ab with your bronco use the restore all option will it populate the pscm?
If you can show one of us how to do that, we will try.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those of you interested in upgrading the tie rods ONLY, I did just that, and they work just fine w/the original rack. All you would need is inner and outer tie rods, 2 jam nuts, and if you wana get real picky, the clamps for the bellows. DON'T bother ordering bellows, they are not the same and the 3.0 ones will not come close to fitting your rack, however w/some lube and a reasonable amount of force, the original bellows small end will stretch enough to fit the larger diameter inner just fine. I don't have part # cause I just took them off my 3.0 rack to use, but @flip has posted them several times

Last edited:

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you can show one of us how to do that, we will try.
Iā€™m just the idea guy lol! I know how to download an as built lol.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Maybe if you did this as built change on one line that's different, before you unplugged the old rack then a big maybe, but I don't think it will read the new rack.

CObronco8289

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well we can put in whatever we want, but we still need the as-built data to do it.
I have access to Ford SI and FDRS. Couldnā€™t you technically just look up a 3.0 PSCM equipped VIN and input that As-built data assuming all of that coding jives with every other module?
To those that arenā€™t familiar, yea you canā€™t just load calibrations in all Willy nilly, but sometimes you can dig around

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Couldnā€™t you technically just look up a 3.0 PSCM equipped VIN and input that As-built data assuming all of that coding jives with every other module?
Yes, thatā€™s what I was talking about doing, however itā€™s not as easy to do that with FDRS, as it use to be with IDS.

CObronco8289

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, thatā€™s what I was talking about doing, however itā€™s not as easy to do that with FDRS, as it use to be with IDS.
Yeah thatā€™s right, FDRS is a bit trickier than IDS in that regard.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have access to Ford SI and FDRS. Couldnā€™t you technically just look up a 3.0 PSCM equipped VIN and input that As-built data assuming all of that coding jives with every other module?
To those that arenā€™t familiar, yea you canā€™t just load calibrations in all Willy nilly, but sometimes you can dig around
Scroll up. Both of us tried using multiple WT 3.0 vins. In FDRS nothing shows up for PSCM. There's a 3.0 vin posted a few pages back if you wana try. @Ducati1098 did you try loading a 3.0 vin on your work machine yet? Could be just us independent chumps who are c@ckblocked ATM

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Scroll up. Both of us tried using multiple WT 3.0 vins. In FDRS nothing shows up for PSCM. There's a 3.0 vin posted a few pages back if you wana try. @Ducati1098 did you try loading a 3.0 vin on your work machine yet? Could be just us independent chumps who are c@ckblocked ATM
No I just keep forgetting. Iā€™ll try and remember to do it first thing in the morning tomorrow. Iā€™m not very hopeful, itā€™s just too hard to figure this out without an actual hoss 3.0 rack in hand to play with. Either way Iā€™ll keep you updated.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My biggest fear is that once people are able to get it to work the price of the rack will double. I remember with my 2015 Mustang when the GT350 intake was starting to get used on the platform, it could be had cheap. They were trying to figure out some of the programing obstacles at the time but it seamed like once a solution was in hand and they started selling like hot cakes, Ford jacked the prices up on them. Ironically the price on them came back down on them in the last year or so.
Sponsored