John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Disclaimer, I don't have a 1 year license to FDRS... anyone who takes me up on programming has to buy a 2 day license... But Ice Cream is unneccssary.
Well I don't have my Bronco yet, or I would be tempted to take you up on that offer. However, my HOSS 3.0 rack will be delivered on Thursday.
We don't need your Bronco to program the rack, We can toss it under mine :)

But still if you were to travel that far, it'd be better to have something to wheel while you were here

You don't need the vehicle to program the rack, just a 6g bronco, any 6g bronco will do.
You still gotta push the final VIN into it with Forscan though, Don't you? I could be wrong about that though, probably no vin in it. But yes, you don't need FDRS after the PMI, and that can be done on any Bronco...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is a pretty easy mechanical swap. If you don't have the tools then you need to invest.
I have a a lot of tools but I don’t know what is needed for the swap. If anyone takes a vacation to SW Florida who has done this and can assist, I have all the beer, food and ice cream you can consume..

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing new with my statements below but thought I’d share.

Out of curiosity I called a dealership near my office today and spoke to one of the techs. I asked him if they had any experience installing a Hoss 3.0 rack & rods into a Badlands. At first he didn’t really understand so I gave him the part number. I was politely put on hold while he inquired with others. Upon his return I was informed it would be a 6 hour job and if they couldn’t do it successfully there would be no charge. I inquired further asking if they had any working knowledge of the programming process required. He then made some statements about voiding warranty, to which I said “it’s a Ford part, you can get it on the Wildtrack” and then he was more comfortable and went back to the 6 hour pitch.

All in, the gentleman I spoke to was very polite and professional, but I don’t believe they have any info or understanding of this process just yet. Shocker I know. I told him thanks and that I would continue my research as this was “new territory”.

Let’s hope Ford makes this an official FP part ASAP.

EgreenBadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm happy to help any one with th FDRS/forscan programming for the rack.....anywhere close to WA and OR.
I’m in SW Washington. I may consider this next year but don’t have a lift for my Bronco. Is that necessary for this?

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is everyone installing theirs personally? I contacted my dealer and they won’t install it even though it’s a ford part, which is not what I was expecting.
Yes. They won't do it, touch it, or want to know about it. LOL.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Disclaimer, I don't have a 1 year license to FDRS... anyone who takes me up on programming has to buy a 2 day license... But Ice Cream is unneccssary.

We don't need your Bronco to program the rack, We can toss it under mine :)

But still if you were to travel that far, it'd be better to have something to wheel while you were here

You still gotta push the final VIN into it with Forscan though, Don't you? I could be wrong about that though, probably no vin in it. But yes, you don't need FDRS after the PMI, and that can be done on any Bronco...
Yes, you have to put the VIN into FORSCAN or otherwise it won't let you push the PMI. I tried, it failed, I put the VIN into the BCM with FORSCAN and disconnected the PCM, and it worked flawlessly. Programmed everything back, cleared all the codes, and drove 350+ miles back to where I came from. LOL.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m in SW Washington. I may consider this next year but don’t have a lift for my Bronco. Is that necessary for this?
No lift required AFAIK. I don't have a lift, but I haven't completed the install 100% yet either. I don't see where it would be an issue though.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I retire, I plan on building a bench, maybe I will just do a quick side business selling pre-programmed racks ready to go. That's gotta be worth $50-100 per rack.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There's probably a dozen of those websites selling the same stuff at slightly different prices. They all have the same layout, they're just located in different places around the country. The prices vary wildly, and so does the shipping. I searched the part number on google and pulled up as many different cookie cutter Ford websites as I could find, then compared total price with shipping and went with the cheapest overall. I bought mine from oemfordpart.com for $900 something plus the core charge, so all in about $1430 with shipping. Ordered on the 14th and it's supposed to be here Friday. Debating on whether I should squirrel away the original rack just in case I need it or the Bronco ends up becoming a collectible, or send it off and get some of that $400 back after shipping costs.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's probably a dozen of those websites selling the same stuff at slightly different prices. They all have the same layout, they're just located in different places around the country. The prices vary wildly, and so does the shipping. I searched the part number on google and pulled up as many different cookie cutter Ford websites as I could find, then compared total price with shipping and went with the cheapest overall. I bought mine from oemfordpart.com for $900 something plus the core charge, so all in about $1430 with shipping. Ordered on the 14th and it's supposed to be here Friday. Debating on whether I should squirrel away the original rack just in case I need it or the Bronco ends up becoming a collectible, or send it off and get some of that $400 back after shipping costs.
I will give you $400 for it.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, you have to put the VIN into FORSCAN or otherwise it won't let you push the PMI. I tried, it failed, I put the VIN into the BCM with FORSCAN and disconnected the PCM, and it worked flawlessly. Programmed everything back, cleared all the codes, and drove 350+ miles back to where I came from. LOL.
I Get all that. and that can be done on any Bronco.... Let's run a scenario here though;

1. You get a Rack
2. You put a WT VIN into your Bronco with Forscan
3. You plug the rack into your Bronco and do a PMI with FDRS.
4. You unplug the rack that now has the PSCM Programming neccessary, Plug your Rack back in, and return your Bronco to it's normal config.
5. You pack up the rack, and send it over to @Dmorty217
6. @Dmorty217 installs the rack in his system..

Does the rack work normally, or does he have to go into Forscan, and tell the Bronco about the different rack? And does the Rack itself have the VIN in it anywhere?

I want to think no forscan is actually necccessary at that point, since the Rack is still the same ratio as the old one, I don't think any of the systems need to "re-learn" anything, But I'm not sure.

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I emailed ford performance to ask about the rack and the M210 for a FAD equipped M190. They said the M210 programming will be coming really soon. They did say the HOSS 3 steering would be available, but didn't give any timeline at all. They are working on it though, hopefully its sooner rather than later.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone actually returned their non-hoss rack and got their core refunded?

I'm More just curious if a non-hoss can even be used as a core for a hoss.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I Get all that. and that can be done on any Bronco.... Let's run a scenario here though;

1. You get a Rack
2. You put a WT VIN into your Bronco with Forscan
3. You plug the rack into your Bronco and do a PMI with FDRS.
4. You unplug the rack that now has the PSCM Programming neccessary, Plug your Rack back in, and return your Bronco to it's normal config.
5. You pack up the rack, and send it over to @Dmorty217
6. @Dmorty217 installs the rack in his system..

Does the rack work normally, or does he have to go into Forscan, and tell the Bronco about the different rack? And does the Rack itself have the VIN in it anywhere?

I want to think no forscan is actually necccessary at that point, since the Rack is still the same ratio as the old one, I don't think any of the systems need to "re-learn" anything, But I'm not sure.
Pretty sure that no relearning will be needed.
Sponsored