Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah a supercharged 5.2 is nice but I would much rather have a supercharged 7.3 Godzilla. 😁

1660340043863.png
I'll need 2 shoehorns to squeeze in the 5.2! That 7.3 must weight almost a ton?
My thoughts are now that the f150 Raptor R is available with the 5.2, the swap will be somewhat straight forward and lees work if some of these components can be used...that probably won't happen for a couple yrs, but I've been researching it a bit already.
Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I started reading this early early this morning. Having read through the posts I feel this is way too much for my handy tool cup full of screw drivers and picture frame holders to do, so I'll just continue to watch vicariously through all you guys...😂

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Interesting for sure. Hopefully the electronics hurdle can be overcome.

I have to think someone somewhere at Ford has the answer, in that they showed this rack off originally as a Ford Performance upgrade.

They must have a work around to add it as a performance part to existing standard Rack Broncos???
Still waiting for a solution to the FAD m190 to non-FAD m210 swap. CS stopped replying to my emails. 🤬

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll need 2 shoehorns to squeeze in the 5.2! That 7.3 must weight almost a ton?
My thoughts are now that the f150 Raptor R is available with the 5.2, the swap will be somewhat straight forward and lees work if some of these components can be used...that probably won't happen for a couple yrs, but I've been researching it a bit already.

I hear ya' there those DOHC motors can big quite wiiiiiiiiiiiiiide, rivalling the big block of old.

looks like a 7.3 is around 550 lbs. plus it is much narrower.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT 1660341637276

The article posted above has some good facts in it.....

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT 1660342128306

link to article if interested.....

Godzilla Rising: Cracking 1,400 Horsepower With Ford’s Newest V8 (enginelabs.com)

If I had disposable income I would just find a lightly wrecked Super Duty and swap the entire drivetrain (7.3, trans, transfer case, front and rear live axles) including the electrical into a Bronc. That would make one seriously bad ass ride. Super Duty Bronco. :)

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear ya' there those DOHC motors can big quite wiiiiiiiiiiiiiide, rivalling the big block of old.

looks like a 7.3 is around 550 lbs. plus it is much narrower.

1660341637276.png

The article posted above has some good facts in it.....

1660342128306.png

link to article if interested.....

Godzilla Rising: Cracking 1,400 Horsepower With Ford’s Newest V8 (enginelabs.com)

If I had disposable income I would just find a lightly wrecked Super Duty and swap the entire drivetrain (7.3, trans, transfer case, front and rear live axles) including the electrical into a Bronc. That would make one seriously bad ass ride. Super Duty Bronco. :)
Motor is available as a crate:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-73

Control packs for manual trans can be adapted to E4od/4R100 w/standalone trans controller from US shift. This is the direction I wana go w/my 1990. They just went up...they were $7495 a month ago! I shoulda bought one, but I had a 2dr Badlands on it way to delivery

EDIT: Sorry for the hijack...just can't stop watching this thread!

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

EDIT: Sorry for the hijack...just can't stop watching this thread!
I don't think Big Meats is going to complain a lot. He does not come across as that type. :ROFLMAO:

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well here it is folks it showed up and she sure is sexy in a beefy way!!!!

Ford wants $1700 to do the install but can't seem to get the programming or calibration for it🤔🤪🫣🫢🤭

Anyway I'll devise a solution very soon since Ford's programming team is slow and well just plain dumb. ( Maybe this is why some folks have got their new WT yet....their built but the programming is way behind....

I'll keep the community informed and up to date on this awesome upgrade as it progresses.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 severe duty STEERING RACK and TIE RODS ...Ford Performance M-3200-WT 1660342128306

Updated with Hoss 3.0 steering rack wiring diagram from @flip

I Like it ..

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I picked mine up today! Not going to get into it this weekend because I already promised the Bronco would make an appearance at a wedding tomorrow. 2 things worthy of note, the box is HUGE, I mean over the top gigantic. Damn good thing I didn't take my Bronco to pick it up! I woulda had to strap it to the roof! Second thing...and more important I think, is there is a motorcraft part # on the box. I'll take a pic of it later, but what that means is you can order this rack through motorcraft distributors as well. You may be able to find much better pricing by shopping a motorcraft source...then again maybe not, but Ford generally puts motorcraft numbers on parts they expect to wholesale to third party wholesale parts distributors.

robertccribb

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you upgrade existing models (21 Badlands non Sasquatch)

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"rightfully"

Literally what? I don't speak corporate boot lickanese.
GTFO of here with that.”Rightfully” here isn’t referring to personal rights or corporate rights - it’s saying properly in reference to Ford Motor Company, the manufacturer’s, ability to properly manufacture a vehicle.

Calibration = levers you get to pull to change how the car drives
Strategy = how many levers there are

HOSS 1.0 may have 10 calibrateable levers, HOSS 3.0 may have 12. They could be different manufacturers, they could have different transfer functions, and they could have different signal processing requirements which could require a different chip in whichever module controls it.

When ford releases a “calibration” for a module, it releases a very specific build of strategies with the levers calibrated accordingly. Some of the levers dealers / FORSCAN can see and change. They do not have the ability to change strategy.

HOSS 3.0 may require a different strategy - and a different calibration. We don’t know. But when Ford the Dealer starts putting on 3.0 on a 1.0 car they’ll have to figure it out on their own. Ford Manufacturing will never give them the tools to just drop in a section of strategy - because Ford manufacturing never tested the car as such and never built the car as such.

Source - automotive engineer for an OEM, that last I checked….does powertrain calibration

BachBuiltOffRoad

Outer Banks
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BachBuiltOffRoad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks/ Badlands on order 7/9/21
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im just curious, have any of you guys used the upgrade kit from Bronc Buster? This seems like it would be a fix for existing steering racks without having to go through the trouble of replacing to the Hoss 3.0 ? The guy has been testing and upgrading since he runs 40" tires.

https://broncbustertx.com/products/ultimate-steering-upgrade-package

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
GTFO of here with that.”Rightfully” here isn’t referring to personal rights or corporate rights - it’s saying properly in reference to Ford Motor Company, the manufacturer’s, ability to properly manufacture a vehicle.

Calibration = levers you get to pull to change how the car drives
Strategy = how many levers there are

HOSS 1.0 may have 10 calibrateable levers, HOSS 3.0 may have 12. They could be different manufacturers, they could have different transfer functions, and they could have different signal processing requirements which could require a different chip in whichever module controls it.

When ford releases a “calibration” for a module, it releases a very specific build of strategies with the levers calibrated accordingly. Some of the levers dealers / FORSCAN can see and change. They do not have the ability to change strategy.

HOSS 3.0 may require a different strategy - and a different calibration. We don’t know. But when Ford the Dealer starts putting on 3.0 on a 1.0 car they’ll have to figure it out on their own. Ford Manufacturing will never give them the tools to just drop in a section of strategy - because Ford manufacturing never tested the car as such and never built the car as such.

Source - automotive engineer for an OEM, that last I checked….does powertrain calibration
Powertrain is a complete cluster because political forces are involved, ie emissions requirements. We just wana make it steer...should be much simpler I hope! Dealership level equipment (IDS) doesn't really give a tech any choices. It flashes whatever calibration the mothership says the car should have.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im just curious, have any of you guys used the upgrade kit from Bronc Buster? This seems like it would be a fix for existing steering racks without having to go through the trouble of replacing to the Hoss 3.0 ? The guy has been testing and upgrading since he runs 40" tires.

https://broncbustertx.com/products/ultimate-steering-upgrade-package
For the cost of that getup the 3.0 rack is cheaper, and oe! He's gonna have to sharpen his pencil to keep selling those!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dealership level equipment (IDS) doesn't really give a tech any choices. It flashes whatever calibration the mothership says the car should have.
Yes and no. We have more choices then you would think. The problem is not knowing if what we change will work correctly, like in this case. I can force different data into a module that isn’t for the exact car, but without trial and error I have no idea if that data will work with everything else correctly.
Sponsored