Sponsored

How Did you Lift your Badlands Sasquatch (& CV Angles)

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just stumbled across this thread. Thought I was the only one who was concerned about cv angles. It's nice to know others share my concerns. Thread was very informative. Thanks all.
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did a 1.5” diff drop to alleviate CV angles. SAS FE. Even with a 2.5” higher ride height above factory SAS, my CVs are near perfect factory angles even when maxed in compression or extension. I highly suggest it.
Care to share any info on a kit or what you found or made work?. Like mentioned here already the only diff drop I have been able to find is RC included in the kit.

zer0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you answered your own question. Rough Country is the only lift manufacturer I have seen that has a diff drop, and I'm not sure I would trust them to be the leaders in figuring this out. BroncBuster is the only Bronco I have seen hitting it hard with a lift, and we know what he did to his CVs. I think most are just ignoring it and enjoying the look on the pavement, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Rough country make great stickers, and that's about it :p

I think Loren driving his Bronco through the Rubicon counts as a good test of a ~2.5" lift.
They are running new upper arms to correct angles etc. Skip to 4:35 mark to hear some details :)
It's interesting that he hadn't upgraded the tie rods (yet)

Ford Bronco How Did you Lift your Badlands Sasquatch (& CV Angles) 1646763435395

Last edited:

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a 3” icon lift with the Broncbuster steering rack bushing and rpg one piece tie rods. steering feels tighter which I really like and have had no issues. running 37x12.5” Mickey Thompson Baja bosses on stock sas wheels.

Ford Bronco How Did you Lift your Badlands Sasquatch (& CV Angles) 1646763435395
what has your MPG change been?

Sponsored

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So glad someone finally started this discussion. As a newbie, I've been reading up as much as I can on lifting with the intent of going off-road (not for looks). But this is all relatively new to me so most things I find tend to create more questions than answers. Ideally, I pick up 2"/2.5" up front and 1.5"/2" in back on the Sasquatch.

This is also my daily so whatever I do needs to maintain the drivability on the highway. And we don't drive slow down here.

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So glad someone finally started this discussion. As a newbie, I've been reading up as much as I can on lifting with the intent of going off-road (not for looks). But this is all relatively new to me so most things I find tend to create more questions than answers. Ideally, I pick up 2"/2.5" up front and 1.5"/2" in back on the Sasquatch.

This is also my daily so whatever I do needs to maintain the drivability on the highway. And we don't drive slow down here.
Following this…debating on just 1” level or possibly front and rear. Will be keeping 35s on Sas though

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wonder the same thing. I want to bring the front up about 3/4" on my standard BL. A single 3/8" spacer should about accomplish that. I just don't want to stress those CVs.
I have a non Sas BB and have thought about BL or Sas take offs. If I went non Sas BL take offs I am considering a Ready Lift 1.25 inch kit split front and rear. Use the lower spacer in front, should gain about .75 and the top spacer in the rear, maybe 3/8". I spend too much time thinking about this stuff :unsure:

BroncoStile

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im probably a bit off topic for this thread but… I saw a review of the RC diff drop saying it only drops the diff a minimal amount. Then I see pictures of the RC 5-7” diff drop that looks like it drops more like 2”, its not for BL SAS though. It seems like there are 2 different kits. Hopefully someone tries it and lets us know if it can be modified for BL/SAS use.

To me the ideal lift would be a 2” diff drop with another 1” via coilovers in the front. The diff drop would give more room for uptravel with different coilovers and a more neutral CV angle. In the rear a 2” lift from shorter lower shock mounts.

OP
OP
darkscion0

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
RC had two different diff drops. Once is just a very minimal spacer and the other is the full blown crossmember drop for the 5" lift.

Im probably a bit off topic for this thread but… I saw a review of the RC diff drop saying it only drops the diff a minimal amount. Then I see pictures of the RC 5-7” diff drop that looks like it drops more like 2”, its not for BL SAS though. It seems like there are 2 different kits. Hopefully someone tries it and lets us know if it can be modified for BL/SAS use.

Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If Sasquatch CV angle is at it's limits, Ford wouldn't allow sway bar disconnects. 1-2" level should be fine.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Sasquatch CV angle is at it's limits, Ford wouldn't allow sway bar disconnects. 1-2" level should be fine.
I don't follow this comment. Swaybar disconnect or not, droop travel and max CV angle are the same.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't forget the drivelines as well. Especially the front one.

It is going to take time for all the mechanical stresses to start breaking and people to start learning.

Typically up to around 2" can be tolerated. Ideally some geometry corrections would make it ideal.

Once you start getting around 3", You start getting into danger zones with drive shafts and CV angles.

Now the big question is, Ford knew They were going to offer Sasquatch. So do you think they really designed Sasquatch as a afterthought that pushed the edges of the running gear? Or do you think that they designed everything knowing those angles and so you have 2" forgiveness in ADDITION to Sas?

I mean the BL, WT, and FE trims all came with factory "lifts".... So I would hope that the design team didn't use a lower trim as the Base point.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't follow this comment. Swaybar disconnect or not, droop travel and max CV angle are the same.
Exactly. Adding sway bar disconnects to a Sasquatch package proves that Ford allows for at least as much CV angle as a sub 2" level would net on a truck with no sway bar disconnect

OP
OP
darkscion0

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're misunderstanding. He's saying swaybar disconnects do not affect max droop and he is correct in that. You can hit max droop with sway bars connected by high centering and having both front tires in the air.

So no, just because they added a swaybar disconnect does not mean they accounted for any additional CV angle.

Exactly. Adding sway bar disconnects to a Sasquatch package proves that Ford allows for at least as much CV angle as a sub 2" level would net on a truck with no sway bar disconnect
Sponsored