Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OR you could just leave the glass rolled down into the tailgate when the soft top is installed...

I'm with @JimmyDean, I loved the roll down window on my FSB. The rear window is my biggest disappointment with the '21, followed closely by the low tow rating, and the interior color options (or lack thereof.)
yeah, lack of roll down window was a major miss. It was probably thought of and cut due to cost/complexity and also that it would require a thicker rear tailgate which would reduce cargo space. It would also probably interfere with the rear tire mount/camera that are bolted into the tailgate. i get why they didnt include it but it would have been awesome with the modular top to basically have all open space on the sides and a top canopy
Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Never been around a Jeep but it is going to be weird having to open the gate before I can open the glass. Seems kind of awkward... but I am used to a truck with a topper and grew up with Explorers which were kind of the same idea where the glass can flip up with the hatch closed (94 and 02)

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yeah, lack of roll down window was a major miss. It was probably thought of and cut due to cost/complexity and also that it would require a thicker rear tailgate which would reduce cargo space. It would also probably interfere with the rear tire mount/camera that are bolted into the tailgate. i get why they didnt include it but it would have been awesome with the modular top to basically have all open space on the sides and a top canopy
I don't need the roll down, but do wish they'd had a drop down gate with a separate swing for the tire. Not too complicated....

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume you can drive around with the back window up and of course the tailgate closed?
YES.

I do this all the time in the jeep.

Every time this debate pops up I point this out... but no one ever seems to hear it.

(case in point, I already mentioned it once in this thread)

Ford Bronco How does the rear window work? source

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YES.

I do this all the time.

Every time this debate pops up I point this out... but no one ever seems to hear it?

Ford Bronco How does the rear window work? source
because when I want to have the rear window open, I don't want to have to pull over, open the tail gate, and then open the window, close the tail gate, then get back on the road? I'd rather just hold a switch for 10 seconds while I am driving like I do in my 86? Or my 4runner. or my 82.. any any other vehicle where a lick of common sense was used in design.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
What did I order: Cactus Grey Badlands with manual (2.3 obviously) I kept the stock wheels, because I actually prefer the look and they'll take 35's just fine. I kept the MGV seats and upped to High package for the screen (really wanted heated steering wheel but not paying for Lux for that). Short term I will throw on some 35's with no lift, just removing the crash bars if they cause and issue. I know it may not look as "cool" as the sasquatch but having more downtravel than uptravel will let the IFS flex better (that's what SFA does afterall) and it obviously still handles speed very well!

What do I like most: This is tough, (I cant say everything lol) I guess my favorite thing is the suspension, as a chassis engineer I really appreciate the work that went into this. Its one thing to build a custom race rig, but to build something that can be mass produced cost effectively and hold its own this well at speed or on the rocks without compromising the "road manners" necessary to sell a modern vehicle is not an easy feat. I think its especially impressive considering Ford is not the most healthy business right now and this program had every right and incentive (in the eyes of the MBA's) to stop at the Bronco Sport. Perhaps I am biased, but I see the Bronco as a sort of Hail Mary from the engineers as MBA's were closing in for the tackle and time will tell if a "touchdown" means big money or a short lived but highly desirable product. Elon Musk has managed to survive broken "fundamentals" by focusing on the product, maybe the Bronco will do the same for Ford?

What do I like least: As an engineer I know that there is more performance that could have been squeezed out of the suspension (IFS specifically, i'll give up on my dreams of OEM triangulated rear axle lol). (I have pursued a patent myself only to see Ford, specifically some engineers I know, had already published it) Maybe some of this is what's coming to the Warthog? We'll see, but it certainly could be applied to more than that. I can't slight Ford too much for not squeezing out more performance from the get go, after all you have to get a product out the door and cant develop a model forever. So with that in mind I suppose my biggest disappointment is the interior colors, and to a lesser degree the exterior. This is stuff I had zero knowledge of during development but still had very high expectations for. I am especially disappointed that the two best interiors (by a mile imo) are not only unavailable, but were paraded around during all of the reveal media. I have no idea what happened, how it happened or who's heads are rolling but that was quite the fumble.

What surprised me the most: As I have said before, I have not worked directly on the Bronco, so some things I thought I "knew" were total misconceptions. Sasquatch package surprised me. And although I am not getting it (no reason on Badlands imo) I think it is brilliant. Through development I thought the larger Hoss equipped Broncos were the rumored "Warthog" and that the Warthog would be launched along side the normal Broncos as a "Raptor" variant. I was pleasantly surprised to see that these beefy Hoss boys were available across the board and were still not even what we were considering the "Warthog"
2door or 4door?

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't need the roll down, but do wish they'd had a drop down gate with a separate swing for the tire. Not too complicated....
Agreed, that is how my Ranger is.

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assume you can drive around with the back window up and of course the tailgate closed?
probably fine around town. I do this in my FJ. I dont think I would on the highway though

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2door or 4door?
Sweats for fear of losing off-road cred**
Ford Bronco How does the rear window work? Jordan Sweat Meme

(I got the 4 door)
I promise you I seriously considered the 2 door, which I would have never done with Jeep.

Here are my reasons though:
1. I really like hauling my mtb's inside when I can. Much cleaner and easier on the bikes.
2. I will make good use of the additional space for passengers and gear on extended weekend adventures or longer overland expeditions.
3. I want the platform to be suitable long term, which includes family
4. Longer is not always worse, particularly at high speed or steep gradability, and in some ways effective articulation.
5. I have long term plans for the Bronco with heavy modifications where a 116" wheel base is appropriate if not actually too short.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I
Sweats for fear of losing off-road cred**
Ford Bronco How does the rear window work? Jordan Sweat Meme

(I got the 4 door)
I promise you I seriously considered the 2 door, which I would have never done with Jeep.

Here are my reasons though:
1. I really like hauling my mtb's inside when I can. Much cleaner and easier on the bikes.
2. I will make good use of the additional space for passengers and gear on extended weekend adventures or longer overland expeditions.
3. I want the platform to be suitable long term, which includes family
4. Longer is not always worse, particularly at high speed or steep gradability, and in some ways effective articulation.
5. I have long term plans for the Bronco with heavy modifications where a 116" wheel base is appropriate if not actually too short.
Im in the exact same spot and probably going with 4 door (mt base squatch though). I just know I would kick myself later if we ever take my wife’s car instead of the bronco on an adventure trip because the bronco didn’t have enough room.
Sponsored