Sponsored

How important is it to you that this is a Ford product?

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bronco means nothing to me, I suggested it in jest after she shot down both the Wrangler and 4Runner.

And she bit on it so here we are...

Pretty good chance MY next vehicle won't be a Ford, I really don't care for the newer F-150s.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
True Story:

Brand imaging affects us in more ways than we recognize. For example, in the cola wars Pepsi wins "blind" taste tests...but put the 2 products in a branded container and Coke wins hands down.

I guess, properly chilled & carbonated...even cow piss tastes pretty good from a Coke can.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How important is it to you that this is a Ford product? If the Bronco were released exactly as is (same product, same price) by another manufacturer like Toyota, Nissan, or Jeep would you still be as interested?
I haven't read through all the pages, but I'll echo what most seem to be saying - I'm a Ford guy, so very important, and the short answer on the latter part is no.

The longer answer on other manufacturer part is that the prompt isn't as "equivalent" as it aims to be - I get what you're asking, but in reality that question would be more an apples-oranges situation.......the "same" product from another manufacturer (Toyota, Nissan, GM, etc) would not look like Bronco does, as it would use whatever brand's styling cues, not Bronco ones.....
-A Toyota would look like the bloated/ugly FJ, or more recently have their origami creases everywhere styling with the entire front end a grille like Lexus.
-A Nissan would look like......a Nissan (yuck lol)
-A Chevy product would be "Camaro inspired" like the rest of the lineup, or worse, like a Chevy Truck.
-A GMC at this point would likely be Hummer product, which while not horrible is "too much".
-Jeep was included but it already exists, and I don't have one despite it being around forever, so no not interested in Wrangler lol.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It WAS important, however after their recent F150 Lightning reveal "Disaster", that has since changed. However, not a fan of Jeeps SB commercial either, so not really sure what to do at this point.
What "Lightning reveal disaster" was that?

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

True Story:

Brand imaging affects us in more ways than we recognize. For example, in the cola wars Pepsi wins "blind" taste tests...but put the 2 products in a branded container and Coke wins hands down.

I guess, properly chilled & carbonated...even cow piss tastes pretty good from a Coke can.
Hmmmmmm. I can’t drink nasty Pepsi, and it’s not a trick of branding. I’ve ordered a “Coke” before in a restaurant and been given a brown soft drink in a neutral cup or glass and upon taking a sip was disgusted to realize they tried to slip Pepsi by me.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

no one operates fountain service for BOTH...they have what they have
Correct. These were instances where the waiter/clerk didn’t care enough to tell me they don’t have Coke and ask if Pepsi is okay. They just gave me Pepsi.

But 99% of the time when a place carries only Pepsi products, they tell you that and ask if Pepsi is okay, and I say no and get a different drink made by PepsiCo, such as Dr. Pepper.

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No automaker automatically owns my loyalty. I have owned most brands and have had good luck out of most. I had a couple of issues with Ford in the past and they have made it right. So if GM was making this thing exactly the dimensions and all as Ford, I would be buying it instead.

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I only know Bronco belongs synonymous with Ford. I am not a Ford guy yet, but I do have to say that I have been a die-hard Chevy / GM customer for the past 20 years. But, the Bronco is pulling me to the Blue Oval, only because its a Ford Bronco and what that name plate stands for is heritage and uniqueness, from what I remember seeing and experiencing as a kid.

Sponsored

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How important is it to you that this is a Ford product? If the Bronco were released exactly as is (same product, same price) by another manufacturer like Toyota, Nissan, or Jeep would you still be as interested?

I was hoping the 4runner would be updated for 21 or 22 and i could choose between what I liked better. With no update on the 4Runner the Bronco offers more features for similar money.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wait, Ford is giving out weed to loyal customers ?

Euro cars are trash ( don't look at my signature). Some of my asian cars have been the best built and sturdy cars I've owned, do we get Slavic cars in north America? You're probably right about the last two.

I get continuing to buy a brand because you've had good experiences, I don't see that as loyalty , I see it as trust. let me ask you this, say your next two fords are absolutely nightmares in quality and performance, would you continue to buy fords?
Yep they are, But you gotta ask the service guys for it.:cool:

Slavic cars, who knows? They may pop up here or there. I really cant say I have ever seen a asian car that felt good, always thin, with cheesy drivetrains.

I really cant fathom the Bronco being a bad experience. I really dont care about the sales or service, since giving people money always hurts. Ford would really have to burn me bad, with boiling coolant for me to not prefer them. Even then I have to take in every amazing car they have made before.
Sponsored