First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer applied it to my OTD price. They didn't even add the $100 destination fee increase. I never even had to mention a word about price protection. It was just done.
Sponsored

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Technically I think it's supposed to be the original price, plus the $100 price increase for delivery isn't it?

Mine screwed up and accidentally just charged my original DORA, and I didn't notice that they missed the $100 till later.
No, it should be the original D&D from when you ordered. the $100 should not be added.

donniesp

Base
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered my Base bronco on 1/21/21 for a base MSRP of 28,500 my Bronco just came in (YAY!) and the dealer, Asheville Ford, is saying that I qualify for like $500 or something like that! What the heck!? I tried to call Ford Bronco support line and they were of no help... I changed my model for 22 because we had to and I added Sasquatch when it became available for manual transmissions... What could I do? Ford Bronco support was of no help! I just want what FORD said they would do... Am I wrong? Did I do something wrong?

donniesp

Base
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I fought with my dealer a lot to get the price protection out the door. Month in I've yet to see any check. If I do get a check from Ford I'll just give it to the dealer, but I bet I'll never see an additional check. But the dealer will
Any Luck with getting the add'l funds? My dealer is only giving me $500 (or some other small amount) and my MSRP has gone up ~3600! So I am on the hook for 3 grand!!

donniesp

Base
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@FordVideoGuy if you would look at my post above and tell me if I have any recourse or what I should do. I would really appreciate it!!! After all of the waiting and Ford not being transparent seems like they should do what they say and not say it is between me and the dealer...

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any Luck with getting the add'l funds? My dealer is only giving me $500 (or some other small amount) and my MSRP has gone up ~3600! So I am on the hook for 3 grand!!
Oh I made them match the price on my build sheet back in February, when I bought it in September But no I've not seen any magical check in the mail

donniesp

Base
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh I made them match the price on my build sheet back in February, when I bought it in September But no I've not seen any magical check in the mail
Thanks!

To be clear to all, my dealer is not the problem here in my mind and is being cooperative, but not knowing what the final price is and relying on getting a check in the mail is kinda bogus. Why the heck can't they just issue a price protection certificate for the total amount seems like the obvious call here. The complete lack of transparency on Ford's part is absurd and does not make for a good customer experience.

SkiRig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After I originally got my VIN earlier this month, I followed up with Ford Chat to see if I could get a specific build date. After giving me that information the Ford rep also told me that I had a "price incentive certificate" in the amount of $825 and gave me a certificate number. They also said it was good through 12-31-2022. I assume this is the price protection for orders originally made prior to 3/19? I think i was told to give this number to the dealer at the time of purchase. Does all this sound right?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer should deduct the price protection at the time of the sale. Waiting for Ford to "re-invoice" is BS. The dealer isn't paying Ford for your vehicle when they sell it to you.

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wish mine would let me do that, but they won't let me applied to the OOTD price. I think they're completely fine with me walking, so they can sell this at a mark up. Any advice on what to do here?
Mine said the check would come to them but will be in my name. They will call when it arrives.

Sponsored

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After I originally got my VIN earlier this month, I followed up with Ford Chat to see if I could get a specific build date. After giving me that information the Ford rep also told me that I had a "price incentive certificate" in the amount of $825 and gave me a certificate number. They also said it was good through 12-31-2022. I assume this is the price protection for orders originally made prior to 3/19? I think i was told to give this number to the dealer at the time of purchase. Does all this sound right?
Mine was automatically applied as the dealer had the cert already on my order in their system. I think it auto-populates but not positive. It was the $825 and they said they will get a check for the other $1250 in the mail but will be in my name and they will call. Hope that helps.

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer applied it to my OTD price. They didn't even add the $100 destination fee increase. I never even had to mention a word about price protection. It was just done.
Same. My dealer was awesome, no gimmicks or tricks. Easiest purchase ever once Bronco arrived.

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@FordVideoGuy if you would look at my post above and tell me if I have any recourse or what I should do. I would really appreciate it!!! After all of the waiting and Ford not being transparent seems like they should do what they say and not say it is between me and the dealer...
I really is up to your dealer, which isn't right. If they don't want to honor what Ford tells them to do, they should be penalized. It's not fair to customer that they choose the "wrong dealer". Only reason I know and most good dealers is because we pay attention and read the dealer memos that go out to all dealers. Ford will tell you that you need to work with your dealer and not do anything about it.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Tim, any idea when Ford is going to release the 2023 price protection info? They are getting ready to start building them and have stated more info was forthcoming. The info should of been released before the '23 reordering yet still crickets. The FAQs aren't clear at all. Seems like people are going to still get hosed at their uninformed / untrustworthy dealers do to this BS.

I have a Feb '21 order, switched model for '23. The new config was not available in '21. What do they base the PP on?

OP
OP
soupcansam

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey everyone, sorry for not responding to all your helpful suggestions. I purchased my bronco on Saturday. Unfortunately, I was not able to get price protection applied at purchase.

I was, however, able to get it in writing that I would be given a rebate check *if* it came in. As @FordVideoGuy mentioned in (I think) the main PP Flowchart thread, they're probably hoping I'll forget, hence the iffy wording (but I won't forget).

I got them to change their tune that the rebate check/reimbursement would be sent to the dealer by Ford (as opposed to directly to me), when I presented the following pdf that @MOBRONCO linked to on the first page of the thread. They tried to deflect saying I was disagreeing about when the check would come but once I had cornered them, I got them to put the above in writing with the sales manager's signature.

One thing to note was that they never disagreed with me regarding whether or not I was eligible for price protection (I had the Flowchart printed out just in case).

I'll update the thread in the future if (hopefully when) they send me the rebate check. I am hopeful, because I had a thread in my states bronco club and at least one other person from the same dealer got their rebate check. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored