Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've reviewed the main price protection thread in addition to this one. I've also reviewed @FordVideoGuy helpful videos. However, I am still confused about how price protection is applied when it is not applied at the time of purchase.

Background: Ordered a Black Diamond on March 7th, 2022. Modified it by taking the Tow Package off on March 18th, 2022. No other modifications to my order.

Current situation:

Bronco came in yesterday, talked with the dealer today and they're going to charge me the Window Sticker Price (that has the MY22.5 increase) at ~39.4k as opposed to 37.9k which is what the price was at my original order date.

I asked them about price protection. They say I will get a check from Ford in the mail 45-90 days after purchase.

From what I understand from the above threads/videos I've linked is that, in this case, Ford reimburses the dealer and the dealer is supposed to forward me the rebate. I tried to tell them this, but they replied something along the lines of "I have not heard of Ford sending dealers the check first".

Is this the case now? Or, do I need to argue with them some more and if so, how should i go about it?
Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I fought with my dealer a lot to get the price protection out the door. Month in I've yet to see any check. If I do get a check from Ford I'll just give it to the dealer, but I bet I'll never see an additional check. But the dealer will

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The money goes to the dealer, the dealer would have to cut the check. Mine took around 60 days.

OP
OP
soupcansam

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The money goes to the dealer, the dealer would have to cut the check. Mine took around 60 days.
That's how I thought it would work, but they continue to play dumb. I even tried to get it in writing that if a rebate check showed up, they'd send it my way (knowing full well they could always deny that it showed up, but its better than nothing).

Any advice on how to get them to acknowledge and agree to this?

OP
OP
soupcansam

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I fought with my dealer a lot to get the price protection out the door. Month in I've yet to see any check. If I do get a check from Ford I'll just give it to the dealer, but I bet I'll never see an additional check. But the dealer will
I wish mine would let me do that, but they won't let me applied to the OOTD price. I think they're completely fine with me walking, so they can sell this at a mark up. Any advice on what to do here?

Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 21 vs 22 price difference was applied at time of purchase while the larger 22 vs 22.5 price difference was done after the fact and I got a check from the dealer a while after I took deliver. I did have to educate the dealer on the latter half of the price protection and the ordering manager at the dealer was a real dick about it but he ultimately did his job.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's how I thought it would work, but they continue to play dumb. I even tried to get it in writing that if a rebate check showed up, they'd send it my way (knowing full well they could always deny that it showed up, but its better than nothing).

Any advice on how to get them to acknowledge and agree to this?
I sent the following to my dealer.

Post in thread 'Truth about the price protection on orders before 2/21/2021'
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...on-orders-before-2-21-2021.51377/post-1541642

OP
OP
soupcansam

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I asked them about price protection. They say I will get a check from Ford in the mail 45-90 days after purchase.

From what I understand from the above threads/videos I've linked is that, in this case, Ford reimburses the dealer and the dealer is supposed to forward me the rebate. I tried to tell them this, but they replied something along the lines of "I have not heard of Ford sending dealers the check first".
Ford does not send the dealer a "check". Once the vehicle shows as sold to the customer who ordered it, Ford "re-invoices" the dealer. It's all electronic wizardry. It's as if the dealer never got charged the higher price in the first place.

The only way you are going to get a check for the difference is if the Dealership sends you one after they are re-invoiced.

And even if they do that, you still paid sales tax on the difference, so the only one that comes out ahead in this scheme is the state government. (So in KY that's another 60 bucks out of your pocket)

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it worth calling Ford to get some sort of code or communication you can hand to your dealer? Or is this a process that is strictly between the dealer and FoMoCo?

The odd (though not surprising) part about this process is that Ford does not communicate anything directly to the customer about the amount the should receive. Just a press release. FoMoCo has all this info and is writing the check. Just odd.

Sponsored
OP
OP
soupcansam

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it worth calling Ford to get some sort of code or communication you can hand to your dealer? Or is this a process that is strictly between the dealer and FoMoCo?

The odd (though not surprising) part about this process is that Ford does not communicate anything directly to the customer about the amount the should receive. Just a press release. FoMoCo has all this info and is writing the check. Just odd.
I've called and done the online chat with them. They just keep referring me to the Bronco FAQ which doesn't really talk about this.

OP
OP
soupcansam

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Should I be discussing the rebate check with the Finance Manager instead of the Sales Manager? Some options/possibilities I'm seeing are:
  • Make them call ford zone rep on speaker, in front of me (not sure how viable this is on a saturday)
  • There is a form they slip in during the final sale, that assigns me/them to receive the check from ford
Any thoughts on this?

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've reviewed the main price protection thread in addition to this one. I've also reviewed @FordVideoGuy helpful videos. However, I am still confused about how price protection is applied when it is not applied at the time of purchase.

Background: Ordered a Black Diamond on March 7th, 2022. Modified it by taking the Tow Package off on March 18th, 2022. No other modifications to my order.

Current situation:

Bronco came in yesterday, talked with the dealer today and they're going to charge me the Window Sticker Price (that has the MY22.5 increase) at ~39.4k as opposed to 37.9k which is what the price was at my original order date.

Is this the case now? Or, do I need to argue with them some more and if so, how should i go about it?
The dealer should automatically honor the original price and Ford will reimburse them but many dealers don't want to carry this debt so they are telling customers that they will pay them when they get it from Ford. Bad thing about that is your taxes are higher.

joshgangluff

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2.3l MT, 1988 Bronco II XL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I bought mine back in July there was no mention of price protection. I had just started working nights at the time and was in a total brain fog at the dealer and forgot to talk about it. (Note to all: make sure you’re very awake when buying pricey things like cars lol!) Luckily I had a great crew at the dealership who helped me along and were very easy to work with. They answered all of my dumb half asleep questions that I did remember to ask. Then nearly 10 weeks later I got a check in the mail for $2k from my dealership for “price protection.” SCORE!! I lucked out and got a good dealer that did the right thing regardless of the situation. I’m sure they have to report the check to Ford to keep things honest and make sure they distribute the checks, but still!

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The dealer should automatically honor the original price and Ford will reimburse them but many dealers don't want to carry this debt so they are telling customers that they will pay them when they get it from Ford. Bad thing about that is your taxes are higher.
Technically I think it's supposed to be the original price, plus the $100 price increase for delivery isn't it?

Mine screwed up and accidentally just charged my original DORA, and I didn't notice that they missed the $100 till later.
Sponsored