First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 & 96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope - no debate. My 21 Bronco gets much better mileage than my 1973 Bronco.
Sponsored

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Driven a hybrid for 9 years now (maybe 10 if Ford doesn’t hurry up). I’ve done my part. Getting the vehicle I’ll actually enjoy driving now.

Inspector_Nipples

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base 2021
Your Bronco Model
Base
All humans are greedy, it's ok. I fell into this pit so bad. But life really is too short for us humans. Just buy it.

sasbend2

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Fox body, 2014 Mustang GT, 2006 F150 SC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nope, I currently drive a 2006 f150 4X4 in the winter and a 5.0 mustang gt the remainder of the year. Between the two I average around 16-17 mpg and will not blink at my bronco being daily driven the 70 mile round trip to and from work. But thats just me, we are all different and thats what makes whatever you want to do perfectly ok.

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yea, it's a tough thing. It's like, logically, me driving something more environmentally responsible is nice but not gonna make a lick of difference in the grand scheme. But that's exactly the kind of dead-end thinking in the first place just like not voting because one vote doesn't matter. We're collectively never going to get anywhere if we can't get beyond just thinking about ourselves.

But a lot of people are just fine with that, so... I don't know. I guess that's why real progress takes a long, long time.

I recently sold my jeep for something much smaller and WAY more efficient, (went from like 20mpg to 30mpg), but it's still not a hybrid or electric. So really, I'm part of the problem too.

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
The capability to generate the bulk energy to power the national (less international/global) fleet at this moment DOES NOT EXIST IN PART MUCH LESS IN TOTAL. This is why Russia is murdering innocent Ukrainians RIGHT NOW...
Our lack of real, physical generation infrastructure is why we fight wars for the last hundred years for resources. JAPAN ATTACKED PEARL HARBOR OVER THE UNITED STATES CONTROLLING PETROLEUM IN THE PACIFIC. We couldn't charge 1/64th of today's fleet domestically on current power transmission infrastructure without significant rationing of other energy consumption. Heat/cool your house and charge your phone or charge your EV so you can go to work in the morning. Choose one.
Sorry but this is simply not true. Here's the math:

Reactions: Jdc

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, no guilt here. I bought a MachE because I could actually get one. Best car ever that happens to be an EV. Nice fact is not a single trip to a gas station in one year and 12k miles.

One can say an EV saves the environment, I find that to be bunk, I do like paying 3 pennies a mile vs 18 pennies and never changing the oil. When I drop $45 filling up the Explorer I ask myself "why am I paying so much to fuel this slow ass pig."

I just ordered a Bronco and will replace our Explorer with something more fun. Explorer has used 4 tanks of fuel in the last year and I expect the Bronco will be close to the same.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Way overthinking it. Get a vehicle that fits YOUR needs and don't worry about accommodating others. You want a 2DR, get a 2DR. You want to drive an SUV on pavement 90% of the time, just like 99% of all the other SUVs, do it. When it no longer fits your needs, sell it. This isn't a marriage. Live life. Enjoy life. Don't overthink the small stuff.
Well said!

A big part of what makes the Bronco so appealing is how it makes it easy to get out and enjoy life.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well said!

A big part of what makes the Bronco so appealing is how it makes it easy to get out and enjoy life.
Kind of like your Suzuki Samari?

I think Doug Demuro did a review video yesterday on your Zuk too - Should check it out:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kind of like your Suzuki Samari?

I think Doug Demuro did a review video yesterday on your Zuk too - Should check it out:
I wish Cappuccinos came in LHD, I want one but not bad enough to sit on the wrong side.

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry but this is simply not true. Here's the math:
His numbers were incredibly optimistic, 100 mpge average across a range of 68-141? For all 12 months? In every grid region? Surely you jest... IEA says EV sales grew by 3 million from 2019 to 2020 to 10 million, a 30% increase. If that trend continues, rolling blackouts and rationing in Texas, the northeast and southwest with very fragile grids, forest fires and other calamities will only exacerbate the marginal conditions we now see. Take the decrease of one of the only carbon neutral generation capabilities, nuclear, from about 20% to an estimated 12%, and we have a disaster in the making. Solar, wind and other sources cannot scale in an increasingly difficult regulatory and litigation climate where any power project is delayed by punative legal delays and other shenanigans. He paints a very rosy, optimistic view of shifting carbon emissions from point sources to remote sources... I think he's more than 100% optimistic.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

His numbers were incredibly optimistic, 100 mpge average across a range of 68-141? For all 12 months? In every grid region? Surely you jest... IEA says EV sales grew by 3 million from 2019 to 2020 to 10 million, a 30% increase. If that trend continues, rolling blackouts and rationing in Texas, the northeast and southwest with very fragile grids, forest fires and other calamities will only exacerbate the marginal conditions we now see. Take the decrease of one of the only carbon neutral generation capabilities, nuclear, from about 20% to an estimated 12%, and we have a disaster in the making. Solar, wind and other sources cannot scale in an increasingly difficult regulatory and litigation climate where any power project is delayed by punative legal delays and other shenanigans. He paints a very rosy, optimistic view of shifting carbon emissions from point sources to remote sources... I think he's more than 100% optimistic.
Anyone who thinks we are anywhere near capable of supporting large scale usage of battery powered vehicles isn’t worth taking seriously.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.