Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
that is what the report says. sorry i rounded up 4000km.
No, you said that producing and driving the ICE car 150k km equals just the production of the BEV car. Check the replies you got - that's how your post was interpreted.

but not knowing where every bit of electricity comes and your state probably does produce 57% with wind, but what about other states? other countries?
Yes, that's why the report considered several different combinations of electricity generation.

fact all the freaking windmills your state has were made in China ..with people burning mega amounts of coal, not to mention the pollution that was caused making them. In addition you can’t recycle old windmills they are useless ..and fall apart fairly quickly for such an expensive item.
Here you go folks - this is what you get when you're glued to social media and the 24-hour news cycle all day. You just yell "FACT" and then say a bunch of things that aren't facts and you ACTUALLY BELIEVE IT!

https://www.energy.gov/eere/wind/wind-manufacturing-and-supply-chain

https://www.livingcircular.veolia.c...t-recycling-winds-change-thanks-veolia-and-ge

It's kind of strange how the same people that vehemently believe in American Exceptionalism will turn around and absolutely flat-out deny that we can come up with good solutions to problems we're facing today. That we should never try to do anything better than the way we're doing it now, because I can see this one little limitation and the news man told me NEW THINGS BAD!

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Zero concern, zero guilt, zero frigs given. I'd take a hybrid for the increased performance from a stand still, instant torque and a better optimized system. Our government is complicit with offshoring work that was done under a well defined regulatory system into a system with zero frigs given, a horrendous environmental record and no signs of improving any time soon. Well meaning people have induced unintended consequences and ruined the lives of entire communities domestically so they could feel better about acting locally while making global conditions and transit worse. I hope you're happy.

Last edited:

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, you said that producing and driving the ICE car 150k km equals just the production of the BEV car. Check the replies you got - that's how your post was interpreted.

Yes, that's why the report considered several different combinations of electricity generation.

Here you go folks - this is what you get when you're glued to social media and the 24-hour news cycle all day. You just yell "FACT" and then say a bunch of things that aren't facts and you ACTUALLY BELIEVE IT!

https://www.energy.gov/eere/wind/wind-manufacturing-and-supply-chain

https://www.livingcircular.veolia.c...t-recycling-winds-change-thanks-veolia-and-ge

It's kind of strange how the same people that vehemently believe in American Exceptionalism will turn around and absolutely flat-out deny that we can come up with good solutions to problems we're facing today. That we should never try to do anything better than the way we're doing it now, because I can see this one little limitation and the news man told me NEW THINGS BAD!
I think it's also important to note that electric cars are only one part of the puzzle when it comes to reducing emissions. It's not as if once most people are driving BEVs that the mission accomplished flag drops and we're all done. We obviously have to tackle power generation. There's a massive investment to be made here which should be seen as a plus given the amount of work it will take to pull this off. This will create a ton of jobs in the process.

Sponsored

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Premium gas is well over $4/gal here, I'll happily drive my Bronco every chance I get and feed it premium!

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it's also important to note that electric cars are only one part of the puzzle when it comes to reducing emissions. It's not as if once most people are driving BEVs that the mission accomplished flag drops and we're all done. We obviously have to tackle power generation. There's a massive investment to be made here which should be seen as a plus given the amount of work it will take to pull this off. This will create a ton of jobs in the process.
The capability to generate the bulk energy to power the national (less international/global) fleet at this moment DOES NOT EXIST IN PART MUCH LESS IN TOTAL. This is why Russia is murdering innocent Ukrainians RIGHT NOW...
Our lack of real, physical generation infrastructure is why we fight wars for the last hundred years for resources. JAPAN ATTACKED PEARL HARBOR OVER THE UNITED STATES CONTROLLING PETROLEUM IN THE PACIFIC. We couldn't charge 1/64th of today's fleet domestically on current power transmission infrastructure without significant rationing of other energy consumption. Heat/cool your house and charge your phone or charge your EV so you can go to work in the morning. Choose one.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
aside from not believing anyone trying to virtue signal actually does not want to start a debate, I will explain my background and give my wisdom and sage advice;

When I was a wee toe-headed lad, the big push in school was that hydrocarbons were causing global cooling (lets call it 1973 or so).

We were all going to starve due to population explosions or freeze to death sometime around 1982. Luckily! There was a solution, nag your parents to send their hard-earned money to the right people.

As I was still warm and well fed into the late 80's I shrugged this off and felt safe again. Little did I know that those same global cooling hydrocarbons were actually heating me up like a lobster in a pot. Scary! Luckily! There was a solution, namely to send my hard-earned money to the right people.

Later it turns out that those hydrocarbons are neutral and just cause 'change', so unknown disaster can always be traced to it. Luckily, There is a solution, send your hard-earned money to the right people and force the unborn for generations to come to do the same via the tax code and regulations.

Obviously it is a complex system that cools, warms, and does nothing depending on...well, nobody knows for sure, but it doesn't matter! Luckily the solution is the same no matter what! Send your money to others to do something something.

So the OP's dilemma is easily fixed even if the problem is not well defined. Just send all the money you were going to spend on a Bronco (minus the cost of a skateboard for transportation of you and your loved ones) and send it to any number of helpful rich people with oceanfront estates and private jets who will make sure that money is spent on advertising to get even more money!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Way overthinking it. Get a vehicle that fits YOUR needs and don't worry about accommodating others. You want a 2DR, get a 2DR. You want to drive an SUV on pavement 90% of the time, just like 99% of all the other SUVs, do it. When it no longer fits your needs, sell it. This isn't a marriage. Live life. Enjoy life. Don't overthink the small stuff.

^^^^ These are my thoughts exactly. I probably have a few more years on this earth than you, so I will say life is short. Don't spend too much time driving a vehicle that bores you. Look at it this way. Would you rather drive 45 miles in a vehicle that make the ride mind numbing, or would you rather drive 45 miles in a vehicle that is more fun than a barrel of monkey's. It's your life, be happy.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The capability to generate the bulk energy to power the national (less international/global) fleet at this moment DOES NOT EXIST IN PART MUCH LESS IN TOTAL. This is why Russia is murdering innocent Ukrainians RIGHT NOW...
Our lack of real, physical generation infrastructure is why we fight wars for the last hundred years for resources. JAPAN ATTACKED PEARL HARBOR OVER THE UNITED STATES CONTROLLING PETROLEUM IN THE PACIFIC. We couldn't charge 1/64th of today's fleet domestically on current power transmission infrastructure without significant rationing of other energy consumption. Heat/cool your house and charge your phone or charge your EV so you can go to work in the morning. Choose one.
Pearl harbor December 7 1941.
Things invented since December 7 1941. Nuclear power. Solar power. Lithium batteries....and on and on and on. Notice I said it's going to take a lot of work before we can get there not that it's currently available. None of this is outside of our current capability but will require a massive investment.
Ford Bronco I am torn. Bronco vs. Daily Driving a Guzzler 200

Sponsored

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No. I dont have any internal struggle with that. I love to burn gas and I want to be in and driving what I want to drive. I think, people who settle for less just to virtue-signal to others are weak and will never be happy

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My climate perspective - the scientists/climate changers tell you the climate is changing due to all the oil burned. Those same people will tell you Cleveland, Ohio was under a glacier and Macon, Georgia had beachfront property at one time.

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since my commute is about 15 feet from my bedroom (triple that if you count getting coffee before heading to the office) this is not a concern for me.

aFordOwner

Raptor
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Honestly, If that is your concern I’d stick with the Subaru so you can sleep at night. I personally am not the least bit struggling with the issue so a Bronco is a better fit for me.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.