Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With today's email, I'm done. I was on the fence after sitting in a new Bronco a couple of weeks ago and looking at the $$$ to value ratio and I walked away with a very hard time justifying a $60k Bronco vs building up a loaded Tacoma.

Yes I know it's not the same car but the Taco will do 85% of the off-road stuff a Bronco will and 100% of the stuff I'd ever attempt. $60k in a Tacoma will build a VERY capable rig with far less sacrifices (for me personally) like towing, storage, just having a pickup bed, reliability, resale, etc.

Somehow in less than a year we've gone from "Yes, you'll get a 2021 Bronco 2DR" to "Maybe in 2023" and I'm done being pushed around at this point.

But I am keeping my order in long enough to get the free Off-Roadeo. It's the least they can do after all this crap.
If you haven’t taken delivery yet, you have to give the off rodeo guys a $200 deposit. They refund it once you take delivery.
Sponsored

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you haven’t taken delivery yet, you have to give the off rodeo guys a $200 deposit. They refund it once you take delivery.
That's fine, I'll spend $200 on the experience. It'll still be about the cheapest way to learn how to off road and have fun in Moab. Especially with the recent price drop on bringing a guest and the additional $250 off on top of that.

Thank you for clarifying that BTW. It helps for anyone else planning to do the same thing I am.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's fine, I'll spend $200 on the experience. It'll still be about the cheapest way to learn how to off road and have fun in Moab. Especially with the recent price drop on bringing a guest and the additional $250 off on top of that.
Agree. I am going in July.

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With today's email, I'm done. I was on the fence after sitting in a new Bronco a couple of weeks ago and looking at the $$$ to value ratio and I walked away with a very hard time justifying a $60k Bronco vs building up a loaded Tacoma.

Yes I know it's not the same car but the Taco will do 85% of the off-road stuff a Bronco will and 100% of the stuff I'd ever attempt. $60k in a Tacoma will build a VERY capable rig with far less sacrifices (for me personally) like towing, storage, just having a pickup bed, reliability, resale, etc.

Somehow in less than a year we've gone from "Yes, you'll get a 2021 Bronco 2DR" to "Maybe in 2023" and I'm done being pushed around at this point.

But I am keeping my order in long enough to get the free Off-Roadeo. It's the least they can do after all this crap.
I’m curious why you wouldn’t get the Tacoma but keep the reservation in case 2022 Broncos have some great options.

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m curious why you wouldn’t get the Tacoma but keep the reservation in case 2022 Broncos have some great options.
That's a good question. And I'll answer it with a question myself - to what end? To keep both cars? I can't (won't) afford that and don't have the space. To resell it? Sounds like Ford is no longer prioritizing reserved builds so there goes any chance at exclusivity and profit - anyone could walk into a Ford dealership (if they aren't picky) and drive out with a Bronco.

The Bronco was always a compromise for me - especially coming from having a truck now. And now that I've seen it in person and know when I'd be getting for $60k (or at least the little Ford was willing to show - no 2DR, no Sasquatch, no Green color, etc) it's just not worth it to me.

2022 Tacoma pricing should be out soon and they have an awesome new Trail package that's exactly the start of the Tacoma build I was going to do and I think it'll be $40k out the door.

Sponsored

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

A multitude of reasons. for one I just can't make up my mind about what i want colors, tops, option, etc and i don't want to end up having buyers remorse.

2... Ford is pissing me off With the whole way they're doing this Bronco deal. We cant see or touch one IRL, the pics are all BS. Different lighting and everything else. how am isupposed to decide colors and things like that?

3. Im sorry... but both the soft and MIC tops look like ass. Ford wants to play the "late availability" game with an actual top that looks good. F u Ford. Ill just wait.

4. I'm having Mustang fever again bad after stupidly letting my ex wife talk me into selling my last GT. One reason why shes an ex. ? Next woman who even hints at the sale of my mustang will be getting tossed out the door instantly and im changing the fn locks....?

Right now it's a buyer's market for nice clean one owner GT Mustangs and I want a 5.0 vert more than a Bronco, and i dont have to wait a year. Ill get by another year with lifted F150 for hunting / fishing / camping and then look at a Bronco.

I did list all of my complaints when I cancelled my reservation so Ford knows why. Hopefully they get enough of that feedback it helps you guys out who are ordering.

I still love Broncos. Ill be around on here.
Best thread ever! I’m gonna love my M4

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Canceling now doesn't help anyone in line at this point unfortunately. Dealership will still take delivery (eventually) and put it on the lot.

RookieMissSteak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep GC, 2021 Jeep JTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a good question. And I'll answer it with a question myself - to what end? To keep both cars? I can't (won't) afford that and don't have the space. To resell it? Sounds like Ford is no longer prioritizing reserved builds so there goes any chance at exclusivity and profit - anyone could walk into a Ford dealership (if they aren't picky) and drive out with a Bronco.

The Bronco was always a compromise for me - especially coming from having a truck now. And now that I've seen it in person and know when I'd be getting for $60k (or at least the little Ford was willing to show - no 2DR, no Sasquatch, no Green color, etc) it's just not worth it to me.

2022 Tacoma pricing should be out soon and they have an awesome new Trail package that's exactly the start of the Tacoma build I was going to do and I think it'll be $40k out the door.
I guess I just like having a place in line with locked MSRP, in case I decide to go for the Bronco. I already ordered another vehicle on the 9th (rubicon gladiator, already have the window sticker so should be here in the next week or so) and my only big regret is not doing it sooner. But I kept my reservation in case used car sales remain high dollar, in the thoughts that maybe I will want to trade it for the Bronco later down the line.
Enjoy your Tacoma!

Escape Hatch

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk7 GTI, 19 Atlas SE w/ tech R Line V6 4 motion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Haven't cancelled yet but did order my wife a loaded Aviator with a 16 August scheduled production date. With waiting till 23 other options will likely develop in the market that complete with Ford.

Sponsored

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

f it... cancelling. I still do need/want an offroader, and there really isn't any better available options out there (price and capability taken into consideration). However, the Bronco fiasco is just causing me too much grief.

And for reference, my build was a base 4 door sasquatch with hardtop and aux switch. $41k msrp. So before anyone tells me a Rubicon can be had for the same price, no, it cannot. So yes, it's a rash/irrational decision, but I don't even care anymore.

dbweb

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRD Pro 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Canceling on Monday. I am a late November order so I always knew that I would probably receive mine in 2022, but I figured it would be early 2022. Every time I leave the house in my Land Rover and make it to where I am gong it's a miracle. I ordered a 2022 4Runner last month just incase. I had planned on buying a 4Runner this summer before I reserved the Bronco and would rather have the 4Runner than change my order to try and get it earlier. I am sure I will be a little jealous wen I start seeing y'all driving around but cant wait. Worst part is when I told my wife who is a Mopar girl I was getting a Bronco the first this she said was "why Fords's are unreliable". I think in a couple days after I have calmed down there will be a "I told you so" coming.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Keep it up , fellas.... And ladies....
This kind of quip is getting old. Even if a bunch of people cancel and others move up, the others that move up are just going from a "massively long wait" to a "very long wait". And they are probably already compromising on something in the process. There's little to crow about at this point.

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Unfortunately I have cancelled as well. I ordered a hybrid Maverick and today's news was the last straw for me as I am not able to wait until 2023 to replace my car. Appreciate all the info and help on this forum, and good luck to you all!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
why does everyone think they are getting a 2023? I bet by this time next year all reservations will be fulfilled and it will be a 2022 model.
Sponsored