Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
drop you orders , you don't want this vehicle anyway....;)
Sponsored

Dead88

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I cancelled in April and got a really nice wrangler 4xe and have been just hanging out and watching Ford screw up again and again it has actually gotten pretty entertaining how badly they have messed this up.
Ford Bronco I cancelled my reservation master thread 0241A388-606C-4C19-AD19-FB8E4D758161

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I cancelled in April and got a really nice wrangler 4xe and have been just hanging out and watching Ford screw up again and again it has actually gotten pretty entertaining how badly they have messed this up.
Ford Bronco I cancelled my reservation master thread 0241A388-606C-4C19-AD19-FB8E4D758161
I’ll be fine with the Bronco as long as the first year’s frame welds don’t start spontaneously deconstructing themselves and rusting through like the JL at launch. And I had a 2019 JL!

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's almost like they (Ford) doesn't want to succeed ! What the *&&. The special top should take priority over endvoirs such as lightning or maverick. Bc we have been waiting a long time 4 u 2 get your shit together.

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive been trying exhaustively to convince my wife to buy this and forget this dumbass Bronco, I think they’re sweet. Look at that body color top too, that’s a miracle!

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We do understand that there are a lot of divisions of Ford, right? That the factory where the Bronco is being made, only produces 2 vehicles... not the whole lineup that Ford has? We also understand that not every Ford employee can be packed into the building and still have room to make the vehicles, right?

I’ve been waiting just as long as anyone else here has... so I understand the frustration, but we’ve gotta understand they are chomping at the bit to get these things made. I mean, how else do they make money if they don’t sell them? How do they begin to recoup the crazy amount they likely put into the design and testing of them, if they don’t sell them?

5 months I’ve been waiting on a pair of shocks... from an aftermarket company. Something that, under normal circumstances, is a week at most to get.

Just trying to be realistic

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ive been trying exhaustively to convince my wife to buy this and forget this dumbass Bronco, I think they’re sweet. Look at that body color top too, that’s a miracle!
I'm planning on both. This is on a fucking train or something on the way to us. We bought it 13 days ago butb it's in perpetual transit.

Screenshot_20210623-003054_Gallery.jpg

Originally we were getting the Bronco for her, but now I'll tweek the order and get what I want. She's always wanted a Wrangler, but I had her talked into the Bronco because I like they more. Now everyone will be happy and I don't mind waiting.

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, after I received the 6/25 email, I decided to move on to another vehicle. And, as someone who has been engaged in this forum for several months now, I feel compelled to share the things that eventually drove me away. Hopefully, this won’t come off as a rant although I suspect it might actually qualify as one. But at any rate, I invite any informative discussion on what I see as some of the glaring mistakes Ford has made recently. Here are the ones that come to mind…

1. The Bronco that I fell in love with still doesn’t exists. This is the Bronco I fell in love with. This is what Ford sold me on…
    Ford Bronco I cancelled my reservation master thread 5E92AE0E-E309-4985-9D08-8A7632BFC736
    White Roll Bars, White Grill, White Door Handles. White leather interior. Looks nice doesn’t it? What color is that? This is a premium looking vehicle. Well, nothing like that ever happened. The design team was apparently far, far ahead of what the rest of the company was thinking. That was their first mistake.
  2. Ford underwent what I consider to be a predatory reservation system. They drew in hundreds of thousands of people, most of whom have never been a VIP in any capacity, and gave them street cred for being a reservation holder (i.e. they created the cult of otherwise disenfranchised rock crawlers who became overnight elitist and soon to be champions for their brand). Personally, this was a turn off. The original Bronco was as cool at the golf course as it was on the dirt road. And, OJ wasn’t known for his rock crawling technique. On top of that, Ford was’t in any position to honor reservations as their sole distribution channel consists of independent dealerships over which they have no real control. Clearly, they lost control of many (not all) of the dealers in their network who either poorly represented their intentions or gamed Ford’s system. Won’t get into priority orders.
  3. Ford decided to focus solely on the Jeep obsession and went with the “good enough for government work” mentality. Their goal become hyper focused on being like Jeep but just a little bit better in every aspect. That may prove beneficial for them but I’m starting to think that market wasn’t what I was after. See mistake number 1.
  4. Personally, I think they should have started the hard-top production with the MOD top. Think about it for a minute. Why didn’t they start up with MOD top? Pick a color, any color. I think I know why… Ford chose to move forward with the cheapest tops because they knew they could shove any top down their target market’s throat and get away with it (I’m starting to see a theme here) This, in my opinion will go down as a big mistake. Why? Because when these really start hitting streets from dealer lots, the ones everybody will see will be built as cheap commodities. Cheap Broncos are going to be like the jetski’s of the road. Kind of like I see the Mustang. They should have come out strong, putting their best foot forward. In my opinion, that would have created the sense of pride which has all but been diminished at this point.
  5. I’ll finish with their most important mistake. Their communications. The 6/25 email was the nail in the coffin for me. Firstly, it was full of what I would call quibbling and not at all directly addressing any real path forward. I don’t care about Bronco’s rolling out to customers or how cool their latest Rodeo was. I only care about my order. And, the news wasn’t good. But bad news happens and it’s what followed that blew me away. So, they didn’t seem willing to articulate a coherent plan to remedy the situation that didn’t involve me taking all of the risk. They want (sorry, expect) me to blindly take all of the risk by A) hoping that the MOD top will actually go on sale in 2023. Then B) they want me to take this leap without any clarity regarding a commitment on their part regarding the price. They don’t even acknowledge the shipping. Then they talk about price protection but completely fail to formalize any terms by which they intend to honor their statement by using loose terminology like “equivalent”. Exactly what does that mean? I know I signed a ton of papers that create liabilities for me when I placed my order. Where’s Fords liability? Then they send the email on a Friday afternoon with basically no regard as to how something like this affects my weekend. Way to treat a customer. I can only surmise that this reflects their commitment to shareholders. On that note, I’ve seen far too many comments reminding me of Ford’s commitments to shareholders and dealerships. Guess what, I don’t care about Ford’s commitments. What are they, a teenager? That’s their problem, not mine.
I’ll be honest. I’ve never owned a Ford and I went into this expecting it to be a race to the bottom. But, I walked away from this asking myself… “How do American car companies even exist anymore?” Do people really buy into all this crap? Do people really see this as the norm for conducting business? What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This whole process has been a shit show and I don't think I would be sticking around till later 2022 or 2023 if I didn't have a vin. The bronco has been the only thing that has interested me and I think jeeps are ridiculously ugly. Only reason I would get a jeep is because what I want to do with it. Hell, I probably would have waited to see if Toyota updates the 4runner next year if I didn't have a vin. I get people being pissed and moving on. Ford just keeps sending these bullshit emails and further disappointing people

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, after I received the 6/25 email, I decided to move on to another vehicle. And, as someone who has been engaged in this forum for several months now, I feel compelled to share the things that eventually drove me away...
Ford Bronco I cancelled my reservation master thread A4163142-587E-4C09-97BB-1C44343DEF1E