Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t need sas, but the last thing I do need is one of the other dads at the lacrosse field, (who have been making funny of my hand me down mother in laws 2003 Chrysler mini van that I have been driving for the last seven years) ask me “ why didn’t you get the Sasquatch ?”
Sponsored

SpaceHorse

Base
First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sticking with BaseSquatch for now. Aug res.
Maybe MY22 will bring other options such as a miniSquatch or Squatch lite, considering how popular the Squatch option is. Ford's difficulty in fulfilling Squatch orders and it's impact on the fuel economy, could make lighter options a reality.
I hear a mini sas will be available. LSD rear and 2” lift. Upgraded suspension.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Late July Res? Your not getting one until 2022 for sure. Shat should give you plenty of time to make up your mind
Nobody knows 'for sure' about specific '21 reservation production dates. With commodity restrictions jumbling up the build order and not knowing conversion rates or production capability, the only thing for certain is that nobody knows for sure when and what gets built.

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hear a mini sas will be available. LSD rear and 2” lift. Upgraded suspension.

What ?????? If it can be optioned with a front locker and decent gears I'm in

Limited slip for the snow drifter in me .....Front locker to get out of that ditch

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nobody knows 'for sure' about specific '21 reservation production dates. With commodity restrictions jumbling up the build order and not knowing conversion rates or production capability, the only thing for certain is that nobody knows for sure when and what gets built.
My dealer in Northern Nevada is getting about a 30-40% conversion rate. I imagine other dealers are running into the same issue. I went from being a 2022 build with a July 14th reservation at 10AM Pacific Time to definite 2021 build (probably late 21 with SAS, LUX and 2.7). That being said I live 60 miles from the Rubicon trailhead and my co-workers are all hard core off roaders so I opted for SAS. I know I won't be using it the majority of the time but when I need to it will be there. To upgrade my Tacoma to the same capability (axles, lift, tires, wheels, suspension) would be well over the cost that Ford charges and it's under a factory warranty.

Sponsored

BadlandsBronc21

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 2018 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go SaS do it now.

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Initially, I had reserved both a 4DR OBX (thinking LUX) and a 4DR WildTrak that included MIC top and Sasquatch.
Then I remembered something my Dad always said, Go BIG or go Home!
I also learned when buying a new vehicle, don't do any mods on a new vehicle that would not be covered under warranty or possibly be an excuse to void other parts covered under warranty.
I ended up ordering it ALL!
Not much of an off-roader, but shall the Zombie Apocolypse occur I can Baja down the median of 95 or the Turnpike while also having the luxuries. If not, I'll just look bada$$ :ROFLMAO:

IF you have any inclination - DO IT!

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered a non sas 2 dr BB. Plan was to replace the tires with 33" AT's, swap the wheels, get the 4.27 axle, And get some kind of small lift - maybe BL shocks and springs.

I really don't need sas, but I'm not sure I'm up for the hassle of all of these mods. I can see myself giving in and changing my order to include sas.

I'm a late July res, so I'll probably see some 2 door sas's around before mine goes to build. Seeing one may put me over the edge.

Curious how others are dealing with this - Pull the trigger on getting a Sas even though you don't need it? Or sticking to your plan to mod it to a "mini sas" level?
Ford Bronco I may be giving in. 1615168352196

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
So the only things we don't know, are the things we don't know?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Bronco_or_bust

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition, 2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was struggling with this decision as well. For me, it ultimately came down to - if I get sas, I probably won’t have any second thoughts. If I don’t get it, every time I see a sas Bronco, the thought would still creep in that maybe I should’ve just gone for it.

To each their own tho.
+1.. and I wonder if post-delivery almost everyone that asks you about your Bronco will ask you if it's the Sasquatch. Saying no repeatedly will make you feel like a Mustang Ecoboost owner when someone asks if it's the V8 :-D

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
What ?????? If it can be optioned with a front locker and decent gears I'm in

Limited slip for the snow drifter in me .....Front locker to get out of that ditch
You cant get the Ranger with a limited slip and you cant get the Bronco with a Limited slip. There is an option for a locker on both. If Ford has not put a Limited slip on the ranger not very likely to see it on the Bronco. The limited slip has been replaced by traction control on all fords but the mustang and front diff in the raptor.

Skagzoola

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruz (POS)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered a non sas 2 dr BB. Plan was to replace the tires with 33" AT's, swap the wheels, get the 4.27 axle, And get some kind of small lift - maybe BL shocks and springs.

I really don't need sas, but I'm not sure I'm up for the hassle of all of these mods. I can see myself giving in and changing my order to include sas.

I'm a late July res, so I'll probably see some 2 door sas's around before mine goes to build. Seeing one may put me over the edge.

Curious how others are dealing with this - Pull the trigger on getting a Sas even though you don't need it? Or sticking to your plan to mod it to a "mini sas" level?
I went SAS cause I don't know much about aftermarket crap and I just figured order SAS to have something super capable right outta the gate.

FursTymerGoEz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger
Your Bronco Model
Base

I spent 5G squatching my 4 dr base. A lift with differentials, tires, and blistien shocks is a steal in my eyes, especially all under factory warranty.
Sponsored