indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered a non sas 2 dr BB. Plan was to replace the tires with 33" AT's, swap the wheels, get the 4.27 axle, And get some kind of small lift - maybe BL shocks and springs.

I really don't need sas, but I'm not sure I'm up for the hassle of all of these mods. I can see myself giving in and changing my order to include sas.

I'm a late July res, so I'll probably see some 2 door sas's around before mine goes to build. Seeing one may put me over the edge.

Curious how others are dealing with this - Pull the trigger on getting a Sas even though you don't need it? Or sticking to your plan to mod it to a "mini sas" level?
Buy what you will use. Spending thousands for imaginary usage is not a good deal. Also fyi, the manual 2-door base comes with 4.46 diff gears, so there should be no need to swap gears for 33" tires.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ronstar

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Buy what you will use. Spending thousands for imaginary usage is not a good deal. Also fyi, the manual 2-door base comes with 4.46 diff gears, so there should be no need to swap gears for 33" tires.
I'd like to get the manual, but I need a AT for the wife

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ordered a non sas 2 dr BB. Plan was to replace the tires with 33" AT's, swap the wheels, get the 4.27 axle, And get some kind of small lift - maybe BL shocks and springs.

I really don't need sas, but I'm not sure I'm up for the hassle of all of these mods. I can see myself giving in and changing my order to include sas.

I'm a late July res, so I'll probably see some 2 door sas's around before mine goes to build. Seeing one may put me over the edge.

Curious how others are dealing with this - Pull the trigger on getting a Sas even though you don't need it? Or sticking to your plan to mod it to a "mini sas" level?
I am in the exact same boat! Big Bend, already ordered new wheels, going with the 33 ko2's. The biggest thing for me is that 4A. Damn you 4A, it's the one thing I want, but dont want to break the bank on. But its still a must have! I will build a Badlands maybe 30 more times today and see if i can make up my mind. My dealer is supposed to finalize my order this week. So the clock is ticking. Good luck my friend!

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good to know that others are having similar decisions even after ordering.
Yeah I thought I was locked in with my decisions.... But now I'm bouncing wondering if I really need the 2.7. I drive about 500 miles a week for work and I'm not sure how much that green mode will help gas mileage lol

Sponsored

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in the exact same boat! Big Bend, already ordered new wheels, going with the 33 ko2's. The biggest thing for me is that 4A. Damn you 4A, it's the one thing I want, but dont want to break the bank on. But its still a must have! I will build a Badlands maybe 30 more times today and see if i can make up my mind. My dealer is supposed to finalize my order this week. So the clock is ticking. Good luck my friend!
what is 4A again?

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Getting a Bronco without the 35s if you’re into off-roading seems absolutely bonkers to me. This is the first production vehicle to offer a 35” tire, suspension, and gearing package from the factory... and it’s reasonably priced to boot.

I know this sounds harsh but I almost feel like if someone doesn’t order the 35s, why are they buying a Bronco?

And if you’re buying a Bronco without 35s and plan to add them later, I think that’s just plain crazy. :)

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base

Pull the trigger and get Sasquatch'd from the factory. If your mini sas doesn't turn out the way you want you will always question your decision. Plus the factory sas is covered under warranty the factory warranty. Save yourself the worry and doubt, get the factory sas.

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yup. I pulled the trigger 21 days after submitting my original order.

4Bronc

Wildtrak
First Name
4Bronc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you really talking shocks and springs, or coilovers like the Bronco comes with Sasquatch?

Redoing a suspension along with wheels and tires while paying for the truck is an expensive proposition if the idea was to save money.

If you're not planning to wheel the Bronco, sure, some money can be saved. However, if you plan to get on some dirt, the Sasquatch package is a really good deal for either a high level stage 1 or low level stage 2 kit (stage 2 if Badlands I'm guessing). Squatch is priced very competitively.
what about just a leveling kit and calling it good for a minute...?

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Day 1 when the Bronco was announced, I wanted Base-Sas! After thinking about it and reading these threads, I decided against it. Being a daily driver I didn't want to push 35's all the time, (and Sas wasn't offered on manual). So I"m settling on Badlands (non-Sas). Way way more than what I need but it'll be fun!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

what about just a leveling kit and calling it good for a minute...?
That's up to you or the driver in other words and what you plan to do with the Bronco.

Actual wheeling calls for more careful considerations on parts. Being an IFS adds a bit more to the calculus as well.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Its the damn front axle upgrade thats the killer. Even if the 190 is strong. I dont want it if the 210 is available. Because I dont want to have something that may be a weak point. So I either have to wait for mansquatch or wait and save for s stripper badlands.
Sponsored