Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just wait until you need to go through Land Rover's Customer service hahahahaha almost as bad as Comcast's but for a $60K + vehicle.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, our dealer was adamant about no mark ups on NEW vehicles. I'm a car dork and on a bunch of Land Rover blogs. Consensus is that there are VERY few LR dealers in the US who will mark up on your new Defender. Nothing like the Ford dealer mess. HOWEVER, LR dealers have been seriously marking up USED Defenders, including the dealer I purchased from. But new special orders, no.
This is interesting. Given today's market, it seems some of these luxury vehicles are a relative good deal. Paying MSRP for a Land Rover seems more appealing than paying $5k over MSRP for a Hyundai.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is rather amusing people talking about reliability of the Range Rover though. 😂🤣

ExJeePowner

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
People get so offended when they see non-Bronco posts in the BRONCO VERSUS THE COMPETITION FORUM. I don't get it.

Awesome ride. They look great in person. I would probably have a Defender 90 if they were widely available and the markups weren't so crazy right now. Oh and if my Bronco wasn't built and sitting on Ice Mountain.
They don't look great in person. Even my wife, who has zero knowledge in cars, said that it was ugly.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think it looks like a toy.

Actually so does the bronco, but in less of a marshmallow way.

Enjoy it

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As in worked for, no?

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like it, how does the value hold up on these?
Just comparing my 90k high end car that can be had for 40k 3 years later. Ouch.

BD2OBX4

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A8F6AA14-EBAC-40A3-B628-5F307E44D2F0.jpeg

While going on 1 year and 7 months since my Bronco reservation, with no build date in sight, I’ve absolutely loved my Bronco alternative - 2022 Defender 110 with the turbo 4 cylinder.

Price on this rig was just a hair more expensive than my Bronco build. Since I picked up end of October 2021, I’ve put on 11k miles driving up and back to Toronto, New Mexico, and multiple times to Big Bend to hit the more challenging off-road trails. These things feels so solid compared to Jeeps and new full size Broncos I’ve driven. And I haven’t had a single problem or a single light come on. Despite TFL’s problems with a 2020 4 cylinder, mine feels very capable with power and torque and with zero problems (perhaps a reason not to get a first MY).

And no I don’t work for Land Rover, just have been so pleased with this phenomenal rig ☺.
Hey at least they deliver. Buddy was tired of the waiting as well and ordered one of these and got it in 3 months....congrats.
Totally agree. In fact I am in the same boat and the fact that Ford has pushed my delivery date back three months and while at the same time allocating 40% of allocation to dealers to shaft buyers instead of those of us who have been eating for almost two years. There is a very nice LRD for 76500 locally and the dealer and LR actually care about the customer….and btw that interior is so much nicer. It is not a Raptor or even Squatch alternate…but it is a better OBX

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They don't look great in person. Even my wife, who has zero knowledge in cars, said that it was ugly.
That makes sense… 👀

And my wife, who has zero knowledge of politics, said she hates Trump.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This has been the nicest Defender thread I've seen on B6G. :ROFLMAO:

That being said, regarding the looks: I personally like the unique style of the Defender, and the biggest plus: From even a moderate distance, I'm not trying to decide "Wrangler or Bronco?" (especially from behind).

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great! Congrats

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll post a comparison video of cabin noise at highway speeds between Defender and Bronco, oh and of no interior leaks from the roof 🙃 .
I didn't buy a Bronco for a quiet ride on the highway and if it does leak, so what? Good chance I'll be top off in the rain at some point!

Ford Bronco I Might Get Crucified for this Post 🙃 IMG_1214

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So our family has had Land Rovers (and Fords) for over 20 years and we've never run into this with LR, but I have heard stories about how bad it is. Interestingly enough, since I got the Defender, I've received MULTIPLE calls from Land Rover America asking about how I'm enjoying my Defender. They are almost overly nice and trying overly hard to be helpful. Might be compensating for past LR customer service woes.... That being said, doesn't seem like us Bronco customers have had great luck with any kind of Ford customer service either....:unsure:
🥱😴
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.