Sponsored

I ordered the Advanced Fiberglass Concepts hard top. Anyone else?

BroncoLessBrian

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got sick of waiting for the OEM hardtop so I broke down and ordered the modular one from Advanced Fiberglass Concepts. Anybody have one yet?
Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TC customs has one on Mitchell Watts Bronco. They did a video of it on YouTube.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I put my money down on the ADV modular top last Friday. At this price point I expect an exceptional quality top. Hope they come through.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I should be one of the first waves since I ordered the minute the window opened for preorder . I think outside to a handful of people that they sent it out to for testing and reviews, no one has received it yet but they are getting very close from my conversation with John.

I have seen John’s in person and also one of the beta hard tops I guess you can call it. Personally I like it a lot after getting to check it out up close. Personally I think the aftermarket sector for the hard tops will be better quality than the ford MIC tops but obviously it’s going to come at a premium cost.

when I get scheduled to go in for install, I’ll update everyone.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I put my money down on the ADV modular top last Friday. At this price point I expect an exceptional quality top. Hope they come through.
Did you have to put down the full 100%? I thought they were waiting on rubber and it was delivered and still they are not getting the tops out? Seems to me when you are charging 3x the real price for a top you have a limited window, they should be shipping these things out. But, if they are getting 100% of the money upfront then no rush I guess just get the money and make 4-5% interest and make customers wait.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But, if they are getting 100% of the money upfront then no rush I guess just get the money and make 4-5% interest and make customers wait.
That is starting to be a VERY common tactic with the vendors here.
I've seen it happen before, it won't be long until there is a mass "embezzlement" (for lack of a better term ... "fraud" maybe?) situation in the aftermarket community.

Last edited:

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you have to put down the full 100%? I thought they were waiting on rubber and it was delivered and still they are not getting the tops out? Seems to me when you are charging 3x the real price for a top you have a limited window, they should be shipping these things out. But, if they are getting 100% of the money upfront then no rush I guess just get the money and make 4-5% interest and make customers wait.
I don't necessarily like this either but these are small businesses in a niche market. They can't absorb all the costs in making this type of inventory and hope when they ship it that customers don't cancel. That would put them out of business. Because of their history and reviews, I've supported them by paying upfront knowing the risks. Products have been quality and the people have stood behind their products from my experience.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That is starting to be a VERY common tactic with the vendors here.
I've seen it happen before, it won't be long until there is a mass "embezzlement" situation in the aftermarket community.
If people didn't pay 100% upfront and be waiting months/years I guarantee actual products would be coming to market and delivered much quicker. What is the big rush if you get paid 100% upfront? Do a remodel project and give the contractor 100% of the money upfront and see how it goes the majority of the time! Oh well it is just money I guess.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
If people didn't pay 100% upfront and be waiting months/years I guarantee actual products would be coming to market and delivered much quicker. What is the big rush if you get paid 100% upfront? Do a remodel project and give the contractor 100% of the money upfront and see how it goes the majority of the time! Oh well it is just money I guess.
If pre-orders didn’t exist, things would take longer than they already do to develop, they just wouldn’t announce them until they’re ready to sell, so it’d only seem like production was shorter. Pre-orders allow product manufacturers to better gauge demand on something, nobody wants to sink millions of dollars into something that customers don’t end up wanting, but if you announce a product at a price point that customers are willing to pre-pay and wait for, then it removes a lot of guesswork and consumer research and gets the greenlight for production faster from management. It sucks that this thing ended up being delayed by the better part of a year, but Ford themselves missed the release date for the Bronco by two years so I’d think people could cut a comparably tiny fab shop some slack. Products take years to develop, it's just the nature of the business unfortunately.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered in the first hour. Reached out yesterday and they said pre-orders are taking longer than expected, won't be done in June, and are planned to be done August.... Guess summer camping with the RTT is a no go again this year :(

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in the same boat, but i will not order until they have an exact delivery time.
Oh, so you didn't bother ordering a Bronco then?

BigP'sGreenMachine

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

TC customs has one on Mitchell Watts Bronco. They did a video of it on YouTube.
How long did it take you to get that Anderson Composite top? I have been looking at it, and the ADV top, but the nearly $1000 savings on the Anderson is tempting.

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered in the first hour. Reached out yesterday and they said pre-orders are taking longer than expected, won't be done in June, and are planned to be done August.... Guess summer camping with the RTT is a no go again this year :(
why did they say it was taking longer?
Sponsored