Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Planning on ordering a BB as opposed to Base just so I can get a rear locker. Is it just me or is a locker important to anyone else? Haven't seen any discussion here
Sponsored

Last edited:

hunterg54

Base
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd like a rear locker or a locker at all for that matter but they really get you in price if you do. Minimum ~5k going from base to the cheapest build with a locker with minimal additional amenities. Most people don't even need a locker, and modern traction control systems are pretty robust. I'm sticking with my base build and adding 32 inch all terrains.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are a lot of people that like to go camping/hiking/fishing/biking/skiing/etc. that frequently go off of the paved path, but they don't necessary go on complex off-road trails. For those type of people... they don't need rear lockers.

If I was that type of person, I personally would probably be in more in the market for the Bronco Sport instead of the full-sized Bronco. But the full-sized Bronco is larger and is based on a truck platform rather than a car platform... so I can see the desire to get a full-size Bronco regardless.

But if you are a more serious off-roader and are buying a base Bronco... you probably fall into two camps:
  1. Those that are ordering Base with the Sasquatch package
  2. Those that are going customize the crap out of it

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Planning on ordering a BB as opposed to Base just so I can get a rear locker. Is it just me or is a locker important to anyone else? Haven't seen any discussion here
Mona Lisa Vito says its like positraction, only better.

Ford Bronco Importance of Lockers mycousinvinny_90

OP
OP

rasII

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't need the Squatch pkg. and I like the radio upgrade/voice recognition with the Mid Package that is not available on the Base. I also like the Sandstone interior which isn't available in the base. The BB build is only around $2500 more than the base-squatch.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since you don't plan to off-road, unless you have some special pavement consideration (pulling a boat out of the water on a slippery ramp or something like that), a locker would not be of much use.

Even if you off-road, you still don't need a locker for many trails. Many (most?) persons buying lockers will have little use for them. I wouldn't worry much about a locker, unless you've been off-roading in situations where you simply could not continue the trail without a locker.

Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here in rural KY snow is an issue. Won't be doing much, if any, off-roading but need to get around in the winter
from this info, you don’t need a locker.

I live in a village in Montana that averages over 500 inches of snow every winter and my current vehicle does not have a locker. My Base won’t have one either and I’m not concerned at all.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lockers suck on snowy/icy roads. The wheel that doesn’t lose traction is used as a stable pivot for spinning wheel. Don’t turn on locker on ice. Slide central.

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On one of the Road Kill shows they took 3 90s stock jeep Cherokees and put lockers on one a lift with bigger tires on a other and sliders and winch maybe had skid plates the 3rd and them off-roading in Colorado to see if you can only add one which one should you add and at the end of the show they said lockers should be the one thing you should add.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd like a rear locker or a locker at all for that matter but they really get you in price if you do. Minimum ~5k going from base to the cheapest build with a locker with minimal additional amenities. Most people don't even need a locker, and modern traction control systems are pretty robust. I'm sticking with my base build and adding 32 inch all terrains.
The video on Youtube from awhile back shows that the Bronco's traction control doesn't work well at all. If you plan on going off road you need a rear locker AND winch minimum. The front locker will keep you from needing to winch so much. If it's a mall crawler then you don't need either
Sponsored