Schmack B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If I ever make a video Razorbak86 completely agrees with I know I’ve done my job poorly 😝

There is a lot of nuance in the relationships between publications and OEMs that is very hard to explain. It is easy to paint one person or outlet with a large brush but often doing so misses the details that are crucial to the story.

For the record as an outlet we have a strict policy of not accepting sponsorship or payment from the OEMs. It is now, especially within the last couple of years, making it harder and harder to compete with the outlets that do.

I am very appreciative that folks like Razorbak86 have been sharing our content across the forum. That speaks wonders in my mind to what we are doing, especially since in this case the very same video was shared to wranglerjlforums as well, in some cases drawing negativity over there too!

If I make a video that resonates with everyone on a particular forum I have not done a fair critique. With that said I would like to go on the record and say the new Bronco is brilliant, and as I said in the video better than the wrangler in many ways. Personally the JL Wrangler fits better for what and when I need it for, but the Ford team should be very proud of what they have accomplished.
I think it was a very solid vid that explains very well why u made the choice u did. But that tan interior on that red and black jeep is horrible bro. Every decision u made on the specs of the jeep i was on board with until then. Why, why why. I see u already have some regret about it, as u should. Why not a Tan soft top also?
Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yep, he be Jeep fan boy! :ROFLMAO:
it comes off that way...but, thats cool, Jeep is a great product. No issues with Jeep whatsoever! That package is really trick and not obvious to many...so kudos on that package...don't see many of those..smart upgrade.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

you obviously did not read the thread...it boils down to Tommy not being so flippant with his reviews and confusing them with his personal choices..like my "dog needs wind blowing in his face"...GTFOH. Nobody cares if he bought a jeep, I assumed he had a couple...don't get it twisted!
Lol, why are you so worried…he could have honestly been a shill for Jeep and I wouldn’t care. Are you worried his coverage is going to get the Bronco canceled?

Ford has large pockets and I would bet there are more than a few Jeep loyalists who feel other reviewers sold out to Ford.

His purchase review worked for me because it did a good job comparing and contrasting the two vehicles.

People on this site have been far more critical of the Bronco. I remember when half the members were jumping ship because of Fords interior choices.
Not to mention a lot of good members did do just that over the last year. Any guesses on what they bought instead?

Ford designed a vehicle with a very specific purpose. There was one other company who had been already making that vehicle for years and didn’t walk away from a segment of very passionate buyers.

Honestly, the Bronco deserves to be looked at with a critical eye. Any review that doesn’t isn’t doing anyone any good.

Either way, you seem like someone that is fairly reasonable. Let’s celebrate our independence today by reveling in the fact that we all live in an amazing country where the freedom to disagree is our god given right. Where we can jump in our off road machines and disappear into the wilderness. Happy 4th of July @Dr.Detroit!

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Lol, why are you so worried…he could have honestly been a shill for Jeep and I wouldn’t care. Are you worried his coverage is going to get the Bronco canceled?

Ford has large pockets and I would bet there are more than a few Jeep loyalists who feel other reviewers sold out to Ford.

His purchase review worked for me because it did a good job comparing and contrasting the two vehicles.

People on this site have been far more critical of the Bronco. I remember when half the members were jumping ship because of Fords interior choices.
Not to mention a lot of good members did do just that over the last year. Any guesses on what they bought instead?

Ford designed a vehicle with a very specific purpose. There was one other company who had been already making that vehicle for years and didn’t walk away from a segment of very passionate buyers.

Honestly, the Bronco deserves to be looked at with a critical eye. Any review that doesn’t isn’t doing anyone any good.

Either way, you seem like someone that is fairly reasonable. Let’s celebrate our independence today by reveling in the fact that we all live in an amazing country where the freedom to disagree is our god given right. Where we can jump in our off road machines and disappear into the wilderness. Happy 4th of July @Dr.Detroit!
I am not worried about Tommy, you need to keep in mind 25 million followers is a lot of uneducated people to lead. (One person's opinion is not equal to anothers)

They used the power they had very negatively to a company (Ford) they took advantage of. Then they mobilized and weaponized their fan base to attack Ford on the day of their launch! Pretty disgusting thing to do! Did it possibly crash the site and make it hard to complete your order? Maybe!
So they added insult to an injury they created.

These are the videos that follow. That is why I am questioning everything he does. As we should. He and his dad have displayed this behaviour!

Everyone makes mistakes and I want to be forgiven for mine also.

Reasonable, yes I am. Forgiving sure! However, I am aware of the whole story here.
So, this looks ugly to a guy (me and obviously countless others) who are watching this very close! Ford looks like the gentleman in this situation.

I don't want to bag on anyone, especially, people who work hard like Tommy and his father. Just keep in mind, followers don't usually have the same context we have, all the time.

Some people will take this stuff too serious on the trails, online, etc..these are all sweet products. We are all fortunate to be able to afford them, most of them anyway.

Happy 4th Brother, god bless all of us Americans and please bless everyone else too.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I mean, he’s not wrong. If I wasn’t in this specifically for the Bronco, specifically because my dad had one back in the early 70’s, I would have been driving a Gladiator, or maybe a 4Runner or Defender 90 by now.

Three reasons:
1) I have been driving a Wrangler since 2008, and I know, and am used to, it’s character, and trust it
2) The wait and uncertainty, as my Wrangler gets older
3) There is an attraction to letting Ford get a few years of production done, and the associated feedback to get things adjusted. (Imagine white tops, a real max tow package that gets it to 5000lbs, manual 2.7, mansquatch, rear axle vents and cup holders, and other minor improvements, plus actual predictable orderability …)

He knows cars. He also probably gets very good deals from local dealers. So he knows he can own that Jeep for two to three years, sell it (Wrangler have great resale), and make a new decision in late 2023 / early 2024 on the next vehicle.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Started this thread off a bit nasty towards @TFLtruck however his engagement and transparency have been enlightening. He changed my mind however i still do think the "announcement" in the middle of the first bronco drive off road was a bit much and could have been handled better with a separate video announcing the jeep thing. gotta understand they are THE car review channel on youtube and that carries extra responsibility. If this many people already think they are biased , its going to get much worse as the ford/jeep wars heat up and they need to be careful that their brand isnt tarnished.

sorry @TFLtruck

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

no issues with this whatsoever...just remember how much power you do have..those whom have power have great responsibility. Thanks.
People making Youtube videos have power?

Apparently having the ability for people to gather their own facts and make up their own minds is extremely rare.
🤷‍♂️

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The timing of the video and the fact that it plugs the dealership just feels dirty. I’ve always liked jeeps and especially like the Willys package. I also greatly prefer lightweight vehicles, but the bronco is new and the most anticipated vehicle in decades. Tommy has owned who knows how many jeeps and other vehicles and I’m supposed to believe that he doesn’t want to own the new hottest vehicle at least for a little while? It’s hard enough to believe that he would even buy a vehicle with his own money given that he gets so many “company vehicles” to drive.

I like TFL but this is probably a “don’t hate the player, hate the game” situation. Ford and Jeep and most companies pay FOR (not necessarily directly) third parties to promote their products. With social media, it feels so much dirtier because it’s packaged in a way that feels like we’re supposed to believe it’s organic and authentic, but we can tell it’s not. It’s gaslighting and it’s incredibly annoying. I’ll still watch, but don’t tell me there’s no bias.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Started this thread off a bit nasty towards @TFLtruck however his engagement and transparency have been enlightening. He changed my mind however i still do think the "announcement" in the middle of the first bronco drive off road was a bit much and could have been handled better with a separate video announcing the jeep thing. gotta understand they are THE car review channel on youtube and that carries extra responsibility. If this many people already think they are biased , its going to get much worse as the ford/jeep wars heat up and they need to be careful that their brand isnt tarnished.

sorry @TFLtruck
Well done. Intended or not, you brought the worst in many. Don't beat yourself up. It's always good to hear the other side.

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They used the power they had very negatively to a company (Ford) they took advantage of. Then they mobilized and weaponized their fan base to attack Ford on the day of their launch! Pretty disgusting thing to do! Did it possibly crash the site and make it hard to complete your order? Maybe!
So they added insult to an injury they created.
This is a bold claim and first that I have heard. Do you have evidence of this?

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a bold claim and first that I have heard. Do you have evidence of this?
Don’t tell me you didn’t see the TFL planes dumping all their chemtrails over the Bronco enthusiasts either. ;)

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me see if I have this right! Prior to the release of the Bronco, TFL leaked spy photos of said Bronco. Ford gives TFL a spanking and puts them in timeout.

Fast forward to June of this year and Ford let's TFL out of timeout and invites them down to Texas to review the Bronco.

TFL reviews the Bronco, gives the Bronco some good marks.

Tommy from TFL makes a video declaring to all his viewers that after a thorough review of the Bronco, and considering the Bronco is unavailable, has decided to buy a Jeep (never mind the fact he ordered the Jeep in APRIL two months before he actually reviewed the Bronco!?!?) And, conveniently gets a text from the CEO of Jeep no less, announcing that Jeep is introducing their own version of the Sasquatch package during the making of the video???

Are you freaking kidding me? Am I missing something here???

Biased??? Hmmm I don't know, that's for you to decide, but at the very least this wreaks of the petulant child "getting back" at the parent for getting disciplined!

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

sorry @TFLtruck
I appreciate the apology!

It’s a VERY difficult media and internet landscape out there right now. It seems like everything has to be extremely decisive, either 100% for or 100% against a product or movement. The problem is if you try to straddle the middle it often draws fire from both sides.

As I mentioned I am genueinly impressed with the Bronco, it is an excellent vehicle from what I have seen. My goal with the video was not to be antagonistic, just spell out the reasons for and against both vehicles as I saw it when I made my purchasing decision.

I also promise you there is no “agenda” in the making of this video. As someone mentioned I don’t need a car, I am very fortunate to have access to many. But I am a car guy! Should I have spent $35K on a new vehicle instead of investing it in something with real returns? Obviously not. But I am at a point in my life where I have been saving for a few years, living at home, single and figured now might be the only time I can realistically justify buying new rather than used. I wanted to experience that!

Also to clarify, I am NOT receiving any kickbacks or deals from the dealer I mentioned in the vid. I have witnessed so many terrible dealer experiences I felt it important to recognize a genuinely good one.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Let me see if I have this right! Prior to the release of the Bronco, TFL leaked spy photos of said Bronco. Ford gives TFL a spanking and puts them in timeout.

Fast forward to June of this year and Ford let's TFL out of timeout and invites them down to Texas to review the Bronco.

TFL reviews the Bronco, gives the Bronco some good marks.

Tommy from TFL makes a video declaring to all his viewers that after a thorough review of the Bronco, and considering the Bronco is unavailable, has decided to buy a Jeep (never mind the fact he ordered the Jeep in APRIL two months before he actually reviewed the Bronco!?!?) And, conveniently gets a text from the CEO of Jeep no less, announcing that Jeep is introducing their own version of the Sasquatch package during the making of the video???

Are you freaking kidding me? Am I missing something here???

Biased??? Hmmm I don't know, that's for you to decide, but at the very least this wreaks of the petulant child "getting back" at the parent for getting disciplined!
Speaking of petulant child…
Sponsored