First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey does anyone have the Forscan instructions and code to change the gear ratio?
Yes, but computer in in my rig as I go to Moab. Check back in a couple of days.
Sponsored

Eric L

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2017 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, but computer in in my rig as I go to Moab. Check back in a couple of days.
Are you going to bronco safari? We'll be there

badbronc4x4

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No I didn't break any of the stock sasquatch drivetrain with the 37s...but in preparation for 40s I decided to upgrade the FDU and CV axles while doing a gear swap.
How is the Dana 60 Rear with the 5.3 and Dana 44 front treating? did you notice any power downgrade or quality difference from stock to this? The higher gearing helps more with torque and low end speed so how does it fair on the freeway?

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How is the Dana 60 Rear with the 5.3 and Dana 44 front treating? did you notice any power downgrade or quality difference from stock to this? The higher gearing helps more with torque and low end speed so how does it fair on the freeway?
I have the 44 in the rear still. 5.38 gears are perfect with 37s or 40s. gearing and acceleration is nearly identical to Sasquatch 4.7 and 315s.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just ordered a set Monday. FDU is 6 weeks out ATM, so it will be a bit. D60 is in now tho, and waiting to hear on driveshaft (may be able to get built locally if not out yet)

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve decided I just don’t have the money right now for the Danas, so I’m looking to buy takeoff M210 M220with 4.70s and lockers when y’all want to get them out of your garage.

Last edited:

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve decided I just don’t have the money right now for the Danas, so I’m looking to buy takeoff D210 D220 with 4.70s and lockers when y’all want to get them out of your garage.
Stay tuned!

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Awesome write up! I myself have their driveshaft en route which will hopefully help with some vibes I’m getting.
Spicer FDU in 4.70 gears with 32 splice axle shafts coming eventually as well. They told me they are changing some stuff up and will then ship it out. Fuuuul video review, etc to come.

badbronc4x4

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just ordered a set Monday. FDU is 6 weeks out ATM, so it will be a bit. D60 is in now tho, and waiting to hear on driveshaft (may be able to get built locally if not out yet)
What gearing did you use or brand? Also, is the Front FDU needed to be replaced if you don’t go to a 32 spline front? I plan to do a dif drop soon once AC Fab finishes it and then figuring out what Axles I can even do sense I have the Baja Kit Long Travel setup.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What gearing did you use or brand? Also, is the Front FDU needed to be replaced if you don’t go to a 32 spline front? I plan to do a dif drop soon once AC Fab finishes it and then figuring out what Axles I can even do sense I have the Baja Kit Long Travel setup.
I am going 5.38. According to the guys from Dana, the steepest gear that physically fits the stock FDU is 4.70, so to go steeper, yes you must use They're "ultimate" FDU. I'm going to 32 spl simply because "why not if I'm right there"? As far as the long travel, my bet would be you could probably get a set of the spicer 32spl cvs built in a custom length, but its gonna be a wait, and IDK who you would ask about it...Definitely post here when you find out, because long travel is a direction I am considering in the future

Sponsored
OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

dana is working on the possibility of longer cv axle bars. additionally RCV also uses a 35 spline inner bar, so they could build custom longer ones ...That's my plan when I Raptorize my suspension.

badbronc4x4

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
dana is working on the possibility of longer cv axle bars. additionally RCV also uses a 35 spline inner bar, so they could build custom longer ones ...That's my plan when I Raptorize my suspension.
I was looking at the RCV do you have a contact there?

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any noise issues? I'm hearing lots of chatter about clicking with the Dana and RCV axles (29 spline).

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any noise issues? I'm hearing lots of chatter about clicking with the Dana and RCV axles (29 spline).
My buddy installed RCV's on his Rubicon. They are an upgrade to the u-joints even in solid axles. His axles started making noise very quickly, and he discovered that there wasn't much grease installed from new. He pumped them up with grease via the zirc fitting and it helped but it comes back frequently and takes more grease. He doesn't have a mess either, so I'm assuming the grease is somehow getting into the diff, or it just gets cleaned off with his daily car washes. 🤷‍♂️ Either way, the RCV's are not a maintenance free item.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My buddy installed RCV's on his Rubicon. They are an upgrade to the u-joints even in solid axles. His axles started making noise very quickly, and he discovered that there wasn't much grease installed from new. He pumped them up with grease via the zirc fitting and it helped but it comes back frequently and takes more grease. He doesn't have a mess either, so I'm assuming the grease is somehow getting into the diff, or it just gets cleaned off with his daily car washes. 🤷‍♂️ Either way, the RCV's are not a maintenance free item.
The RCV's for solid axles are an entirely different animal than the ones for the Bronco.

I've run RCV's on most all my Jeeps, (3 of 4 at the moment) and Yup , You gotta grease them regularly, I put about 6 pumps in the zerk after every wheeling trip.

The Bronco RCV's don't have any grease fittings, and don't use the Ball/Boot setup that their solid axle shaft setups do, So actually are "Maintenance Free" as far as that goes..
Sponsored