Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Too bad you can't get a lifetime warranty anymore. We have a 2016 Jeep Rubi and got the Mopar lifetime for about $3250 in 2018. $100 deductible. Ours has the normal mods, like lift, winch, etc. So far Mopar has replaced the engine (3 times), transmission, radiator, hoses, front and rear drive shafts, oil cooler (twice). Probably forgetting a few things. When we got our Braptor we decided there was no point in getting rid of the Rubi when as long as we have it Mopar will fix most anything.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I never used to buy ESP but started with the last 3 vehicles.
2013 Subaru Outback - 100k miles not a single problem.
2018 Subaru Forester XT - 60k miles upper oil pan leak. $60 seal $3k labor to remove engine to get at the seal.
2020 F350 6.7 - 40k miles - bad APIM module
With all these damn modules and components shoe horned in small spaces I will continue getting ESP.
Soon as I het a VIN for my 24 Bronco I’ll price the ESP from Grainger so I can have my dealer match it
Why not just buy from Granger. It's a bit unfair to them to use their fair prices to influence your rip off dealer. I'd rather give my money to the straight up folks in the first place.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought new in 2021 with Ford's extended 96-month 100K mile Premium Care warrantee for $1800. I had it built it into the financing (back then I got a 1.9% loan rate from Ford). I figured that it only takes 1 incident for it to pay off and there are so many points of failure (and this is not a Toyota). If you need a new head unit / infotainment, that alone would would bring me way past breakeven.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My vehicle immediately prior to my Bronco was a 2018 Chevy with a manual transmission. Came with a 60K mile powertrain warranty.

At 62K miles the clutch pedal went to the floor and stayed there. Simple repair, replace the slave cylinder and bleed the air lines. I’m not very mechanical, but I’ve done it twice on an mid-70s F150 and an early 80s Bronco. One in my driveway and once on the side of the road. Not so easy on the 2018 Chevy, the slave cylinder was internal in the transmission. So the entire transmission had to be removed, which required disassembling one side of my front suspension to get the transmission out. Ridiculously complicated just to change a cheap part.

To be fair to Chevy, even though I was outside of my warranty, they gave me the part for free but I was stuck with the labor. So they gave me a $35 part and I paid $2,100 in labor to install it. Also in fairness to Chevy, after the repair was complete and I paid the bill, they also extended my entire powertrain warranty to 120K miles at no charge. So in effect, they let me buy an extended warranty after the fact. I wasn’t happy that I broke down, but when everything was said and done I do think Chevy Corporate was fair to me.

That’s why I bought an extended warranty on my Bronco. Granger’s deal can’t be beat.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

probably obvious, but odds are it’s not worth it or they wouldn’t be able to sell it.

That said, I got great use out of the CPO warranty I had on a bmw (the big ones were all in the labor: oil pan gasket, rear main seal). The bronco is a new vehicle in a time where labor charges for anything is going through the roof. Over $200/hr from dealerships isn’t unheard of. I was recently quoted $8900 from VW to replace a cylinder head on a 75k mile NA engine. My logic tells me to get the plan with the highest deductible that covers the most expensive repairs that I don’t feel comfortable doing myself.

Sponsored

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
..I don't buy an EW from the dealer when the vehicle is new..I'll wait til the 5 yr/60k miles close in..then I will buy it.Sure I gamble on the bumper to bumper problems...but the big ticket repairs are covered..A down payment sum and a monthly payment for 12 months makes it easy,and it's a Ford Motor warranty..

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If your vehicle breaks multiple times (or one giant failure) and you can claim against the warranty, yes.

If it doesn't, no.

DVULT57

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
General sales manager gave the finance guy his employee number to apply to my purchase which dropped the cost of the ESP dramatically..I definitely appreciated the gesture..

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1000072956.png

they would not cover the Hard Top. I am curious to know what the bronco community thinks of this price for the extended warranty. is it worth the extra money? appreciate the feedback. TIA.
What you posted is an ass raping at that price.

Buy the Ford product from Granger, if you're going to get one.
My original is up this fall, 36 months, I'll probably extend since I'm keeping it, but it has been trouble free thus far.
It's a Base and my biggest fear is the tech, not the major hard parts failing.

I look at it as ... A warranty is a type of insurance, and as the saying goes, if you think insurance is expensive, try not having it.
If you can afford a several thousand dollar hit ... IF... something major were to happen outside of warranty, skip it.

IF you can fix a lot of stuff yourself, you may want to skip it.

I'm about to talk myself out of getting it now, if I follow my own advice. LOL

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When every weasel dealer shop seeks out any and every reason to deny claims it's never going to be worth it. Only the most blatant and undeniable issues have a chance to be covered. Just save that $2500 or whatever to an emergency fund.

Sponsored

Alanp970

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4 Door Base Sasquatch Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don’t know if anyone mentioned Flood Ford ESP but it’s the same ESP except I’ve found it’s less expensive than Grainger. I went 8 years 125K and it was $1,700 earlier this year. To be fair tho I went with Extra Care instead of Premium Care with a $50 deductible. Premium Care was $2,100 at that time

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My take on insurance/warranty:

If you absolutely can't do without it, then you need to protect it, and that's going to have a cost.

But realize, the insurance/warranty companies are going to make money. They know the odds, and costs, and have all the data available. And they will do everything they can if you have a claim to make sure they preserve their profit margin: they are not incentivized to actually pay out your claims.

So the odds that you actually save money on warranty coverage - not in your favor. But again, if you can't live without it, like it's your only way to get to work, then maybe that extra cost is worth the piece of mind.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
First, who ever is selling that warranty is ripping you off. Second I’m taking my corvette in for a supercharger replacement tomorrow. When I got the car I also bought a GM warranty from someone like granger. It would have cost me $6500 out of pocket, the $1600 warranty I bought paid for itself.

Thepetersaid

Badlands
First Name
Peter lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco badlands 2.3l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like granger is not available in California. What are my options out here?

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I also got the warranty from Grainger. I got the tier that covers electronics for $100 deductible 8 years and 115,000 miles I think. There were 1 or 2 more coverage levels above mine. Also added the key for service. As others have said, if 2 or more things that are covered break then you are ahead, otherwise you're paying for peace of mind. I feel it's worth it with the track record.
Sponsored