Sponsored

Is Sasquatch Being Auto Only a Dealbreaker?

Is the Sasquatch Package being available only with the Automatic Transmission a dealbreaker for you?

• Total voters

mbjay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion Xb, Alfa Romeo 4C, Lexus NX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sucks. I'm out if they don't change their minds on this one. I, like everyone else that is a manual enthusiast, have a difficult time trying to figure out what I want to buy when there is so little available with 3 pedals. I wanted a Rubicon and backed off thinking the Tacoma TRD PRO would be a better fit, both offer a manual. I had been waiting to see how the Bronco would look and perform and from what I was seeing and hearing my decision was made and the Rubicon and Tacoma were off the list. Now that I can't have the Badlands/Sasquatch with a manual takes me back to Tacoma unfortunately.
Sponsored

clpray16

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Ford Bronco , Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dead set on manual, this ruins my plan of base model and Sasquatch just hoping I can still get lockers and bilsteins from factory, just have to wait till orders can actually go in to see what can be done.

Demoncleaner

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave 6 speed
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It’s gotta be manual for me...
And honestly the Badlands would work.
But part of the allure was being able to spec a lower trim with the decent suspension and tires. Where I live Forest roads are about as crazy as my rig would see. But I’d like it to look how I want it too, and why not buy another Rubicon then...
Always been a Ford guy, and they had great differentiation from the Jeep, or so I thought...
But maybe no badass “cheap” option for me??

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The orange 2 door in all the press videos/photos has a manual and is sitting on 35s, presumably the Sasquatch package. This means they literally showed a vehicle configuration in the launch that they won't sell you.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The orange 2 door in all the press videos/photos has a manual and is sitting on 35s, presumably the Sasquatch package. This means they literally showed a vehicle configuration in the launch that they won't sell you.
Wait, is it really?

EDIT: saw this on Twitter

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's pretty misleading to send a tricked out custom job as one of your main press vehicles, especially when those customizations imitate an available package.

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's pretty misleading to send a tricked out custom job as one of your main press vehicles, especially when those customizations imitate an available package.
Yup.

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I am a little concerned with my choice of the BD with the M190 and 4.46 gears since I'll be running 33s. $6K for better front axle, gears, and front locker might be worth it in the end.
Yeah, black diamond/Sasquatch was where I was too, was hoping for all in at about $42.. badlands STARTS at $43500 and still has 33’s

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I could go either way on the transmission but seeing as I'm planning on getting the base model, automatic is already a non-standard option, I probably won't be able to afford both assuming they're ~$2000 each.

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, black diamond/Sasquatch was where I was too, was hoping for all in at about $42.. badlands STARTS at $43500 and still has 33’s
Exactly what I was aiming for as well.

The $43,500 is the badlands 2 door right? I thought when I was looking the price swing was way higher like 46k for the 4 door.

Reactions: JT1
OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

The $43,500 is the badlands 2 door right? I thought when I was looking the price swing was way higher like 46k for the 4 door.
That's about what I recall (I reserved a 2 door Badlands).

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yes, 2 door, sorry

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, 2 door, sorry
Your good, thought maybe I had a stroke...lol. If I could get a 4door badlands with 33's m210 front diff and leave the rest alone for 43 I would just go that route.

Reactions: JT1

mbjay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion Xb, Alfa Romeo 4C, Lexus NX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah that’s pretty bad. I had sworn off Ford after buying a new Focus RS. They finally bring the RS badge over to the states and that car was plagued with potential problems, it was a ticking time bomb so I got rid of it. This was what would have brought me back.
Sponsored