Sponsored

Is Sasquatch Being Auto Only a Dealbreaker?

Is the Sasquatch Package being available only with the Automatic Transmission a dealbreaker for you?

• Total voters
OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
of course not, but OP spoke of unscientifically gauging the impact. just pointing out how unscientific it is. we can be sure 37% of bronco owners arent taking a manual with sasquatch

as of now, 53% of all preorders are showing trims that arent available in manual,
I am OP. This poll is to gauge interest/effect on this forum, it’s not for some submission to a peer-reviewed journal.

Saying manual folks are in the minority adds nothing that no one didn’t know; the issue is whether it affects the folks who were interested.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im pretty indifferent on manual vs auto.

Ive only had manuals in sports cars, but Ive always only had pickups and cuvs otherwise...
So you’re not really affected by this at all?

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Driving a rig with a dig set up and manual is like conducting an orchestra. And when it happen like you want it to happen, it is one of the greatest feelings in the world.

Those who just drive autos don't get it.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The genius of the Sasquatch was it was available at every trim. Now this is not true as Ford is hamstringing their best asset. Big mistake on Fords part.

I could care less about the 35 inch tires. Front rear lockers should be available at every trim stick or auto in some form. If it’s not Ford will have lost the Sasquatch at every trim advantage they had over Jeep.

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The genius of the Sasquatch was it was available at every trim. Now this is not true as Ford is hamstringing their best asset. Big mistake on Fords part.

I could care less about the 35 inch tires. Front rear lockers should be available at every trim stick or auto in some form. If it’s not Ford will have lost the Sasquatch at every trim advantage they had over Jeep.
They had an opportunity to turn every Bronco into an off road superstar with this package. But alas!

Sponsored
OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was this survey only intended to be among the subset of people who wanted a 2.3L manual with sasquatch?
Why would it be a deal breaker for someone who could have the package? Superficial loyalty to fellow Bronco enthusiasts?

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It wouldnt.. thats why I voted "No".
Then there we go. I do find it fascinating that you’ve ostensibly defended this “decision” more than Ford has (they’ve, in fact, made no effort to defend or even explain it), but we all have our foibles.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Its not a deal breaker for me bc i didn't have interest in the package. I genuinely feel bad for the people who can't get the combo they wanted though

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That it is, but having it covered from the factory would be an enormous convenience--and possible long term savings re: warranty.
True, but suspension and tires aren't the first things on my list

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess what makes this the most disappointing to me is basically this: the manual Bronco is 100% mall crawler unless you get the badlands. Without that Dana 44 front axle I don’t see how you can do any serious wheeling in this rig.

OP
OP
bbq4133

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
sorry if it sounded like I defended it, only meant to explain why they might restrict it. I mean... I kinda want the rubber floors in my first edition, but I cant have that either.

I hope ford turns it on, but being practical, Im sure its way too late to do that for 21MY.
I would be a little surprised if it’s too late but then again, I’m a little surprised that all of their official documentation and materials have been...inaccurate...for at least a couple things. So who knows.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
it appears you can get the M210 axle optional outside of the sasquatch package... but not the locking diff.

unless its the locking diff that you are specifically asking for. (and Im not 100% promising that optional axle doesnt have restrictions, the spec sheet obviously isnt clear about those)
Even locking diffs are a relatively easy add-on especially the rear. An entirely new front suspension? Yikes. And if you’re referring to the options sheet, it’s optional due to the inclusion in the Sasquatch. Not a stand-alone is my understanding.

HickoryHouse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Kia Optima Turbo... Can it last till the Bronco comes out?!?!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me it likely would be a deal breaker for the Bronco as a whole, but I still have some thinking to do and there is more information to come out.

I have been choosing between a Gladiator Rubicon or Mojave with a standard transmission and the Bronco. I still may look at the Badlands with the 33" tires and smaller gears.... but it is just disappointing and frustrating. I don't understand Ford's reasoning behind it, though there have been some good thoughts on that here.

i wonder if the 4.7:1 ratio is impacting the availability of the stick... maybe trail control, but no Toyota has that with their manual....

I guess I don't understand how you can advertise all of this amazing stuff, then not let the customer put it all together. The Badlands, Sasquatch, High combination looked perfect for me in my price point, what I plan to do with the vehicle and made it stock about where I want it as a daily. Take away those dampers, the lockers and the gearing it is less desirable for me and likely has me continuing to look around.

Reactions: JT1

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do hope the standard suspension isnt THAT incapable though.
It’s basically an IFS Dana 30. People with JL’s wheel on their Dana 30’s with 35’s, but nothing bigger or you risk breaking stuff. An IFS is going to be inherently weaker than an SFA so I wouldn’t trust it beyond a 33”. Which, based on ford only offering it with 32’s, sounds about right.
Sponsored