Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going through this waiting for someone to talk about the Harbor Freight knockoff of Pro Eagle, realized this thread was started a year ago. Funny how old threads get revived.

For the price, it's hard to beat the Badland jack from HF vs Pro Eagle. I hope they come out with some sort of mounting system but I will be adding this to my recovery gear for the upcoming wheeling season.

3 Ton Off-Road Jack (harborfreight.com)
Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was going through this waiting for someone to talk about the Harbor Freight knockoff of Pro Eagle, realized this thread was started a year ago. Funny how old threads get revived.

For the price, it's hard to beat the Badland jack from HF vs Pro Eagle. I hope they come out with some sort of mounting system but I will be adding this to my recovery gear for the upcoming wheeling season.

I wish I had room to add that...the reality of a 2 door and needing room for dogs...

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't have the safejack jack, just a generic 4ton, but I do have the 5" lift pad and the 8.5"-12" extension all tucked in there, I'll take a pic and post it.
That said.....when I do it over again, I'd skip the adj. extension and just go with the 3" or 6" extension. Not enough room to get the jack and adj. extension under the frame. So to change a tire I had to jack it up enough without the extension and use a stand, then pull out the jack and add the extension. Would be better to skip the 2 step process!
Here is the pick of the compartments. The base of the 4 ton jack just barely fits tucked back in the void. I'd expect you could get a larger jack to fit in out in the middle of the space. The extension and pad tuck in the other side nicely.

PXL_20230121_015620415.jpg

Sponsored

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A nice way to go. Does it store well in a compartment?
I keep it in a bag with other recovery equipment. Stores well with the other stuff pretty nicely. It's small compared to most jack options.

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

For what it's worth, I've seen Pro Eagle Jacks at just about every large off road event i've been to. I haven't seen Harbor Freight at any of them. At King Of The Hammers they were not only selling jacks but they were offering repairs should any race team or enthusiast out there have issues. We are Pro Eagle Jack dealers so some may say we are biased. I would say, we did our research and only wanted to offer the absolute best product available which is why we chose Pro Eagle. Our TRX had a dual spare setup with a Pro Eagle 2 ton jack. We used it at KOH on the lake bed and couldn't have been happier with how it worked. Our Badlands is getting a Pro Eagle as well. We will be working on mounts soon to provide a few options for mounting in the Bronco.

Customer service and quality are super important to me. I don't have to question the customer service or quality of Pro Eagle. That is why I will continue to use them in my vehicles and continue to offer them to our customers.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what it's worth, I've seen Pro Eagle Jacks at just about every large off road event i've been to. I haven't seen Harbor Freight at any of them. At King Of The Hammers they were not only selling jacks but they were offering repairs should any race team or enthusiast out there have issues. We are Pro Eagle Jack dealers so some may say we are biased. I would say, we did our research and only wanted to offer the absolute best product available which is why we chose Pro Eagle. Our TRX had a dual spare setup with a Pro Eagle 2 ton jack. We used it at KOH on the lake bed and couldn't have been happier with how it worked. Our Badlands is getting a Pro Eagle as well. We will be working on mounts soon to provide a few options for mounting in the Bronco.

Customer service and quality are super important to me. I don't have to question the customer service or quality of Pro Eagle. That is why I will continue to use them in my vehicles and continue to offer them to our customers.
I bought a Badland Jack and absolutely love it. Yes you're getting better service with Pro Eagle but that's it. The Badland Jack is very good and half the price. If the Pro Eagle Jack was made in the USA, I would consider paying double, but since both are more than likely made in China, I'm gonna save the money personally. If I wear my Badland Jack out I'll buy a second one and still be even with the cost of a Pro Eagle (but have another brand new jack).

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a Badland Jack and absolutely love it. Yes you're getting better service with Pro Eagle but that's it. The Badland Jack is very good and half the price. If the Pro Eagle Jack was made in the USA, I would consider paying double, but since both are more than likely made in China, I'm gonna save the money personally. If I wear my Badland Jack out I'll buy a second one and still be even with the cost of a Pro Eagle (but have another brand new jack).
I'm glad you're happy with it. I'd rather have one I trust, support a company that supports my passion and not lug around a 3 ton jack when much less is needed. I'll never hate on anyone for their choice in products, vehicles etc. We all have our reasons for making the decisions we make. I was sharing mine and happy to hear yours. I rarely go with the cheapest option. In fact, I don't let price dictate my decision. I chose products based on quality, ethics, track record, warranty, customer service......... probably a lot I am leaving out. Price is typically the last thing I consider especially with something like a tool/jack. The last thing I want is to spend hundreds of extra dollars on a tow because I needed a jack and mine didn't work. Just my $0.02. I've had great luck with some Harbor Freight products but I'm also very selective on what I buy from them. For me, this jack isn't it. I ran a 2 ton in my TRX and used it with no issues. Much smaller and lighter. I'm actually trying to decide which one I'll run in the Bronco. No more than a 2 ton for sure. I do use my Pro Eagle 3ton in the shop though.

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been having success with my Safe Jack and the accessories...it stores easily in even my 2 door, and lifts easily as high as I need it to with either the flat frame adapter or the rounded axle tube adapter. Floor-style jacks are great for the garage, but I just didn't want to take up the space needed to stow a big jack in my Bronco.

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been having success with my Safe Jack and the accessories...it stores easily in even my 2 door, and lifts easily as high as I need it to with either the flat frame adapter or the rounded axle tube adapter. Floor-style jacks are great for the garage, but I just didn't want to take up the space needed to stow a big jack in my Bronco.
I hear ya. Sounds awesome. I first hand used my Pro Eagle to jack up my TRX after I rolled it to remove all of my custom parts. This was done on the lake bed aka offroad and I was super impressed with how the jack performed. It’s definitely not your typical “shop floor jack”

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm glad you're happy with it. I'd rather have one I trust, support a company that supports my passion and not lug around a 3 ton jack when much less is needed. I'll never hate on anyone for their choice in products, vehicles etc. We all have our reasons for making the decisions we make. I was sharing mine and happy to hear yours. I rarely go with the cheapest option. In fact, I don't let price dictate my decision. I chose products based on quality, ethics, track record, warranty, customer service......... probably a lot I am leaving out. Price is typically the last thing I consider especially with something like a tool/jack. The last thing I want is to spend hundreds of extra dollars on a tow because I needed a jack and mine didn't work. Just my $0.02. I've had great luck with some Harbor Freight products but I'm also very selective on what I buy from them. For me, this jack isn't it. I ran a 2 ton in my TRX and used it with no issues. Much smaller and lighter. I'm actually trying to decide which one I'll run in the Bronco. No more than a 2 ton for sure. I do use my Pro Eagle 3ton in the shop though.
So I'm not sure if you've ever put your hands on a Badland Jack. My dad has a Pro Eagle so I've definitely used both, if it didn't say Bandland on the side of the jack I really think you'd have a hard time telling one company's product from the other. Both are very good quality.

It would be super nice to live a life where price is that least important factor when looking at a purchse, not very many have that luxury... I work hard for my money (not at all saying you don't) but I am for sure going to make my money go as far as it can. When looking at both products, their features, quality,... Paying half for a very equally matched product just make sense. Pro Eagle makes good stuff and they support their products, that's good on them, but the value isn't there for me vs the Badland, not even close.

Is the 3 ton the best size for my Bronco? Probably not, but I can't afford to have a $300-$600+ jack just sitting in every vehicle I own plus one in the garage. I replaced the old beat-up floor jack I've had for 20 years with my Badlands and I'll use it for everything. Having the extra capacity helps me cover more needs.

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I'm not sure if you've ever put your hands on a Badland Jack. My dad has a Pro Eagle so I've definitely used both, if it didn't say Bandland on the side of the jack I really think you'd have a hard time telling one company's product from the other. Both are very good quality.

It would be super nice to live a life where price is that least important factor when looking at a purchse, not very many have that luxury... I work hard for my money (not at all saying you don't) but I am for sure going to make my money go as far as it can. When looking at both products, their features, quality,... Paying half for a very equally matched product just make sense. Pro Eagle makes good stuff and they support their products, that's good on them, but the value isn't there for me vs the Badland, not even close.

Is the 3 ton the best size for my Bronco? Probably not, but I can't afford to have a $300-$600+ jack just sitting in every vehicle I own plus one in the garage. I replaced the old beat-up floor jack I've had for 20 years with my Badlands and I'll use it for everything. Having the extra capacity helps me cover more needs.
Not sure I’d say price being lower on the priority list is blessing so much as a curse. I’m certain I work as hard as anyone here. I work about 96 hours a week on average. That’s probably being generous on the low end. That being said, I’m at a point in my life where customer service and quality reign supreme. The badlands has no track record. It’s a brand new copy of the Pro Eagle. Did they cheap out anywhere? Likely. How long will it last? I don’t know? Do you? It hasn’t been out long enough for any of us to know. What I do know is Pro Eagle has a track record. So does Harbor Freight. I know where my trust is. I’ll spend the extra money for that. That’s just me. Again, I hope you have the best of luck and are super fortunate to never need you jack and if you do, I hope it works well for you.
Sponsored