2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update the styling, no problem, the JL is missing but you get the idea.

e9d7c03071362338296bd43bbcca5618--menu-jeep-jeep.jpg
This pic is incorrect. The TJ-L (aka LJ) was only built from 2004-06, not 2004-07.
Sponsored

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well, I'm just not seeing many people in my 300+ jeep club dump their jeeps for the Bronco. Small and dedicated segment yes, but it's the market Ford is going for. A very small number of us have Broncos on order as additions to our Jeeps but not replacements. The Jeep Wrangler is not in trouble from the 'NON EXISTENT' Bronco - just way too many dedicated owners. It will attract quite a few people and will gain a few converts but I think Ford will have a tough road for a few years outside us early orders. I am looking forward to the Bronco and very much hoping it will have a nicer on-road ride than my JLURD. Can't wait to get the TJ, JL and the Bronco on the same trails but who knows when that will happen. I'll always own a jeep or three, the Bronco will be a fun addition and I own an F150 that is my favorite travel vehicle.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is once Ford ramps production up to more than a few hundred units a month, Jeep is likely throwing in the towel and declaring bankruptcy. It's probably only a few short weeks away, once the two-week shutdown is over. I'm surprised they didn't declare defeat as soon as the reservation window opened. Just a matter of time now.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I kept slamming the rear doors of the 4-door models... they are crazy light.

I'm really liking the idea of converting to a tailgate and putting the spare on a bumper mount. :cool:
Same here....so light i felt like i was going to break something. Moving the spare mount would be nice, but there is the camera delio.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This pic is incorrect. The TJ-L (aka LJ) was only built from 2004-06, not 2004-07.
You're probably right, but Jeep (per the Jeep website) shows the "Unlimited" model years as 2004 - 2007.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same here....so light i felt like i was going to break something. Moving the spare mount would be nice, but there is the camera delio.
I have the opposite problem, I am used to my heavy doors having inertia so they take a little effort to get going and they take care of the follow thru.

Then I ride in something newer and the doors only coast halfway closed...

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look, these words aren't derived from new-found fanboy syndrome, but rather what I feel is pure logic.

Jeep is in trouble. I'm currently a 2012 Jeep Wrangler owner and recently cancelled a 2020 Rubi diesel order. Why?

Every each of the Bronco has been so well thought out, which is a stark contrast to what I feel is a very outdated Jeep architecture. The Jeep is clearly an inferior product in so many ways. It's actually insulting Jeep continues to charge what they do.

Cool, you've got a solid front axle.

I'm actually blown away how flat footed Jeep's response has been. Their best trick seemingly: jam a V8 in the thing. Even their flagship V6 engine is so underwhelming.

Jeep is going have their lunch eaten by the Bronco. Period. Jeep enthusiasts can continue to justify their purchase by throwing around the solid front axle debate, V8, blabla. But the fact of the matter is, those features appease such a small, narrow end of the market.

I say all this not seeing or driving a Bronco in real-life. But from what I've read, and what I've experienced being a Jeep owner, the Bronco is every bit a better machine. Ford did their homework. They benchmarked every inch of the Jeep and made a materially better product in every way.

I'm glad my Jeep has 200k on it and will be junk by the time my Bronco arrives. I'd be very upset if I recently purchased a Jeep.
I couldn't agree more! I'm sure Jeep will still hold their market share but will it continue as strong as it has been for ages? While I need a new off roader, I wouldn't buy a new Jeep I just don't see the value and looking at the 'yota's I don't fit comfortably. I had a rental JLU with the V6 for a couple weeks and it struggled to maintain speed while going up the mountain highways and of course that solid axle steering is always lot of fun to keep straight. I then had a brand new JLU hybrid with the turbo 4 as a rental and it had plenty of power to do everything including mountain highways however I would hate to be broken down on the trails with that and all it takes is a quick look at the Jeep forums to see often these hybrid versions are in the shop.

Contrary to that having quite a few friends with newer F150s with the 2.7 and 3.5 ecoboosts and how few of issues they have had it's really built confidence in buying the first Ford I will own. Also seeing Ford up in reliability ratings and Honda way down just shows how Ford is doing their best to improve while others like Mopar settle for status quo. BTW when do we see a Mopar minivan with a Hemi??

Last edited:

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the opposite problem, I am used to my heavy doors having inertia so they take a little effort to get going and they take care of the follow thru.

Then I ride in something newer and the doors only coast halfway closed...
I experienced the same thing. No follow thru with these doors. Gonna take getting used to.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're probably right, but Jeep (per the Jeep website) shows the "Unlimited" model years as 2004 - 2007.
Well then they're silly. As an LJ owner, I can guarantee that they were only made 04-06, rubicon LJs were only 05-06 and JKs started in 07.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Jeep concepts are in the same category as the Bronco.

The vaporware category.
IDK - Since the Bronco was revealed, Jeep has announced the 4XE and 392, and both can be found on dealer lots today. I know they are working from an existing in production platform, but letā€™s just say Ford has underperformed in the getting to actual market perspective and hasnā€™t proven anything yet competitively.

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Jeep was here way before the Bronco was ever born. Jeep continued after the Bronco was put out to pasture. Jeep is far from being in trouble and will be here. They are not going anywhere. I've had both and like both. A jeep rubicon has some of the best resale value of any vehicle on the market. They hold their value simple as that. Jeep seems far superior at getting their product available for the public to buy and enjoy. I have a bronco reservation but I am almost at the point of being over my bronco desires and starting to think it might be best to move aside. That Rubicon with the 392 is one bad machine.... then dang there is the Ram TRX that is one bad a$$ truck...:devilish::giggle:
My thoughts exactly.

Nobs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GMC Envoy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually think the bronco is bringing more consumer attention to the offroad/overlander adventurist space. Combine that with how crowded state parks and camp sites were throughout this covid shit, the competition may help both companies. Will the newfound adventurers continue their outdoorsy habits? Probably not, but they may buy a vehicle with the spirit of hope that they will.
Sponsored