sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am upgrading the bronco tin can speakers with the kicker KS series, front rare, and adding the JL Audio Stealth box sub in the dummy speakerbox location. The issue I’m having is my muse way six channel amplifier that I’m using to power. All the speakers is too large to get mounted to the stealth box so I am contemplating on installing it in the hidden compartment underneath the rear floor. However, the power cable and the cables that I ordered from Plug and play kits.com are half inch diameter and too thick to run under floor pad. So now I am contemplating running all three half-inch wires underneath the vehicle following the wire harness that is mounted alongside the chassis. I am using a flexible split loomand taping it with the heat resistant fabric tape and zipping it to the existing wire harness. Do you guys see any major issues with this set up? I think it will work, but trying to make sure so any recommendations

IMG_7438.jpeg

IMG_7437.jpeg
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, all I can offer is good luck. Radio installs are not my forte. From what you are saying about the loom, it should work. It is running along the same channel that the OEM runs. If it is shielded, it should not cause feedback.

Again, someone will probably answer that has more experience than I do.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I see no issue with you running the power/gnd/remote wire along the frame, as long as you avoid heat and moving suspension pieces. Just tuck it up high, nice and clean like you said you were already planning on doing. Good luck and keep us updated on the finished product! 🍻

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That compartment is known to get moisture in it. I used it for a sub amp , and my local audio shop convinced me to use a marine grade amplifier in that location

WillinMA

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrak, 2020 G Wagon, 2018 Audi R8 Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a different amp , but run the power from the battery as well. With 4 gauge wiring you should be able to run it along the drivers side underneath the door trim and carpet (just as you show in your pics). Not sure if you have thicker than 4 gauge, but doubt you need 2 or 0 gauge for that amp. Also, you'll need to think about a good ground point in that location in the middle. Typically when you have the amp over by the side by the subwoofer, there is a bolt right there where you don't have to run a ground wire too far.

Sponsored

Mr Bacon Jr

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bison ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am doing pretty much the same install myself right now, other than rear sub config (I am doing 8" Kicker with Musway Two:100 driving it installed in stock housing). I got the under passenger seat mount from PlugNPlay Kits; guessing you did not go that route with washout interior. FWIW, the under seat mount actually sits up above the floor pan, so unless you actually hose out the interior, you might be OK.

I am running power behind rear seat to a distribution box behind the driver's side rear panel. Ran 4 AWG from the battery down driver's side sill channel (there is a nice slot it fits in well) to the distribution box.

Ford Bronco JL audio bronco stealth box install with muse way six channel amplifier IMG_0053

Ford Bronco JL audio bronco stealth box install with muse way six channel amplifier IMG_0067

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The main issue I see is the location of the amp.
There is a small rubber plug between that compartment and the outside world.
This area is touted as an in car ice box, and probably not the safest place for the amp/speaker unless some major waterproofing is done to this area.

OP
OP

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That compartment is known to get moisture in it. I used it for a sub amp , and my local audio shop convinced me to use a marine grade amplifier in that location
I was concerned about the heat the amp will produce. I guess i will have to watch it for now.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cooling will definitely be an issue.

OP
OP

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The main issue I see is the location of the amp.
There is a small rubber plug between that compartment and the outside world.
This area is touted as an in car ice box, and probably not the safest place for the amp/speaker unless some major waterproofing is done to this area.
I
I was planning to permanently sealing that hole. I thought it was just for storage I'm yet to see anyone use it for an icebox.

Sponsored
OP
OP

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cooling will definitely be an issue.
I put it through the paces earlier and it got pretty warm. on the upside it will be somewhat suspended in the box so it should get be able to breathe a bit

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was planning to permanently sealing that hole
That cubby catches any water that gets into the cargo area when the top is down, but also because it's more or less directly over the muffler it can get condensation build up in more humid months from the outside/inside temperature differential. I recall reading some people discovering that it's not sealed especially well either so some splashing could get in, but people fixed that with weather stripping to seal the gaps between the body and the cubby. Bottom line is that spot is meant to catch water sometimes.

If you take precautions to prevent the water getting in there it's probably fine.

An alternate location you might consider for that amp is strapping it to the underside of the driver's side rear-seat, Extreme Audio in VA has done several installs like this:
Ford Bronco JL audio bronco stealth box install with muse way six channel amplifier 1696442585298

You just have to make sure you leave enough slack to be able to still fold the seat (amp should be less than 2.5" tall or so).

OP
OP

sadiki2527

Badlands
First Name
sadiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok guys I finished and the audio is nice. The JL sub does the job I was able to control the power output to each speaker channel as the amp has 6 independent channels. Did not need to mess with the head unit or the computer. Drove top down today and the audio was crisp, did Not even have to turn up the volume. Thank for the help everyone.

IMG_7462.jpeg

IMG_7461.jpeg
Sponsored