Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sold my 2018 F150. Ordered a Maverick to replace my Transit Connect (work vehicle). I'll probably just keep the Maverick once and if the Bronco shows up.
Sponsored

C_Corso

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4DR Badlands Sasquatch with a MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is difficult to come up with a plan B if your priorities are similar to mine:
1. Manual transmission
2. Good on-asphalt manners
3. Off-road capability
4. Interesting appearance
Just frustrating to see the rollout coincide with such drastic supply bottlenecks/pandemic shortages.
This is my list too. Not much fits this IMO. The Bronco seems a perfect fit. Outside of that: Maybe a tacoma. Maybe an LR4.

JenB

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep LJ, 2021 4DR Badlands, 2023 DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much was that thing? They had one on my dealer lot prior to my Raptor arriving and it stickered for more than the Raptor... Blew my mind
‘Sorry for the late reply, doing a cross country trip. I paid sticker (MSRP 68,785). That dealer went to 5k over MSRP that same day but honored my deal. Drove into my dealer in Virginia and one of the sales guys wanted to buy it—said they can’t get any inventory. I said that was why I bought it……

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is difficult to come up with a plan B if your priorities are similar to mine:
1. Manual transmission
2. Good on-asphalt manners
3. Off-road capability
4. Interesting appearance
Just frustrating to see the rollout coincide with such drastic supply bottlenecks/pandemic shortages.
I felt damn lucky to snag a vehicle last week that fit into all of those categories. And I'm totally digging it!

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 20211019_121252

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 20211019_144408

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since Ford is struggling to figure out how to build and deliver Bronco's, some may not even have hope a of getting one before 2026.

Well life moves on, what are you looking to purchase instead of a Ford?
I may be selling my MY22 Eruption Green Badlands HighSquatch. It should be here by February maybe sooner based on what I am seeing in the forums. I think I may get a 2020 F250 Diesel with the 10 Speed.

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bailed on my day 3 res last December and bought a MachE in February. If the stars align I may order a no option Green Base 2 door the December or January.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're gonna love that Sky One Touch roof. Bought a Sahara last year for my wife with the One Touch and it's awesome.
Good to hear! It’s a pricey option but living in coastal southern New England we get a lot of mild weather great for top down cruising, but we get a good amount of random precipitation off the ocean as well. Figured it would be worth the money since it would get me a lot more open air time, and will probably get most of it back on resale anyway

jdbronc

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 1500 High Country
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Toyota Tundra. Realistically, this is the vehicle I should be buying since I do a lot of towing and I like to be able to throw stuff in the bed, but I can't resist the allure of the Bronco!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good to hear! It’s a pricey option but living in coastal southern New England we get a lot of mild weather great for top down cruising, but we get a good amount of random precipitation off the ocean as well. Figured it would be worth the money since it would get me a lot more open air time, and will probably get most of it back on resale anyway
I have a friend that has the Sky One roof on her Wrangler. She loves it.

Sponsored

SoCal Driver

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco Off-Roadeo sold me for good on an off roader but my 7/14/2020 reservation that may not arrive until after Spring/Summer 2022 lost me.
A Granger Jeep Rubicon is in my future thanks to the great sales tool of the Bronco Off-Roadeo and Fords inability to build Broncos. :LOL:
I reserved the same date and just ordered a 2022 loaded Badlands. The dealer won’t give me an estimate on when it will be here…are we really looking next summer? After browsing this forum I’m thinking it will be a long wait for me….

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I reserved the same date and just ordered a 2022 loaded Badlands. The dealer won’t give me an estimate on when it will be here…are we really looking next summer? After browsing this forum I’m thinking it will be a long wait for me….
Between Fords allocation system and commodity restraints we can ask the Magik 8-Ball and it may be as accurate as anything else. 🤷‍♂️

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not really a plan B vehicle necessarily but I was just blown away with the value proposition with the Maverick Hybrid XL. So I ordered one of those too - kind of a crap shoot as to which one comes first but the MavBrid will be my DD and the Bronco now becomes even more of a weekend vehicle.

I'd actually be OK with a MY23, no price increase, and they keep Eruption Green for me.
Sponsored