Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well life moves on, what are you looking to purchase instead of a Ford?
[/QUOTE]

Plan is to wait it out or drop it and keep what I have. I don't need another vehicle and don't need a Bronco. I'm generally pretty thrifty and financially risk averse. With that said, I have always been enamored with the older Broncos. When it was announced that Ford was bringing them back, I jumped on a 2nd day reservation - but held off on ordering because of Covid uncertainties and again, my aversion to risk.

Eventually, my wife talked me into ordering it and I took the leap of faith. The longer this takes, the more my fears creep back in, which may eventually cause me to jump ship. I hope not, but the thought is more prevalent as the days go by.
Sponsored

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Plan B is arriving this Thursday. A 22 Defender 90. Ordered it in September.
Iā€™ve been wondering about this. If you order a Defender do you pay MSRP or do the dealers typically attach a big mark up? Iā€˜ve seen a few on lots here in AZ marked up to over $120k that are $80k in Land Roverā€™s build and price web site.

Last edited:

fundelay

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Unicorn Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is no plan b.

judochop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll face a lot of derision in this forum for posting this, I'm sure, but that's ok. While I never really had a plan B, C or any other (I'd remained committed to my Bronco order since reserving on 30 August 2020), I'm considering trading in my '14 Subie Forester XT for a '22 Forester Wilderness and cancelling my Bronco order altogether.
Considering this and admitting it in the open? :LOL:

Sponsored

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 21 Audi S5, 20 Hyundia Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should tell the dealer you are still interested and may even have a buyer for the BRONCO at the very least you get a rise out of him or maybe you really can find a buyer and get a markup. Over sticker more likely with a well appointed BRONCO. Good luck hate hearing these stories.

BTW - NICE LOOKING JEEP!
Thanks. I'm still in touch with them and may still have 1st dibs but I don't want to pay 70k for my Bronc.... and Nice Cyber Bronc!

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll face a lot of derision in this forum for posting this, I'm sure, but that's ok. While I never really had a plan B, C or any other (I'd remained committed to my Bronco order since reserving on 30 August 2020), I'm considering trading in my '14 Subie Forester XT for a '22 Forester Wilderness and cancelling my Bronco order altogether.
August of 2020??? What did your dealer say was the hold up on your Bronco??

Hutchem

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

F150 Tremor

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I expect mine to take at least two years. If things do not change course I expect interest rates on car loans to put the Bronco into a range I will not meet and I'll hang with what I have.

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Unfortunately.. I jumped. Actually my order is still active but the dealer turned my simple high package Velocity Blue Badlands to a Super Evergreen Lux SAS. I felt some type of way about them pimping out my reservation I gave up.. put the order in 12/20.. Ford has it down as 3/21 when I changed from Outer Banks.

Anyway.. I went with the Jeep 4xe Rubicon (yes.. the hybrid plugin).. honestly I love it. Especially that $7,500 tax credit or in my case down-payment since I leased it. First Jeep so I wanted to lease it for a little before I commit or if I run back to a Bronco.... because my 2nd dealer in Maryland had a Area 51 Baddy.. 4cyl with mid package...46k.. they trying to get me but it's not stacked like my Jeep... so I'll stay put............ I think šŸ¤”

20220103_120542.jpg

20211106_163805.jpg
WTH is a Super Evergreen?

Sponsored

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WTH is a Super Evergreen?
Lol. Meant they changed it to Eruption Green... and the super is because they gave it the LUX package and added just about every extra feature to it..

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
August of 2020??? What did your dealer say was the hold up on your Bronco??
I have my order at one of those $1000 under Invoice dealers, so there's that; also, pretty much every constraint on my build.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve been wondering about this. If you order a Defender do you pay MSRP or do the dealers typically attach a big mark up? Iā€˜ve seen a few on lots here in AZ marked up to over $120k that are $80k in Land Roverā€™s build and price web site.
Same game as Ford dealers.

My dealership has separate dealers. Land Rover, BMW, Porsche, and a few others. Reeves. Well, they sold the dealership to a company called Morgan's. Some yes.

I placed my order on 9/28. They agreed in writing to no ADM. On 10/01 Morgan's took over. On 10/01 even new orders have a 15k mark up.

To say the least I got very lucky bc my plan was to go in the following week to place the order. On the 28th I woke up and said fuck it let's do it today.

On the "positive" side Morgan's is telling people upfront about the mark up vs having you order and be surprised at pick up.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Since Ford is struggling to figure out how to build and deliver Bronco's, some may not even have hope a of getting one before 2026.

Well life moves on, what are you looking to purchase instead of a Ford?
I burned the boats - no plan B.
Sponsored