Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been wondering about this. If you order a Defender do you pay MSRP or do the dealers typically attach a big mark up? I‘ve seen a few on lots here in AZ marked up to over $120k that are $80k in Land Rover’s build and price web site.
I ordered mine in June and received it at the beginning of September and paid MSRP. At that time new orders were getting a $5k markup but no idea what they're doing now. I'm sure with supplies still scare many dealerships are doing markups, but I wouldn't assume most are as much as what you've seen out there.

I'm guessing it also boils down to each dealers allocation. I ordered from one of (or the?) highest volume dealers in the country, which definitely helped with the short order to delivery time.
Sponsored

awdxtc

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My back up was either a bronco sport or maverick with the fx4 package but thoae are nonexistent as well. I considered a wrangler but they are so overpriced...40k and no power windows wtf. So I'll probably end up with another subaru

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably do a turbo upgrade on my STi and wait for my Basemansquatch but I spend a lot of time looking at Old CJs, 1st gen 4runners, New Tacoma TRD Pros, GT350s, GT500s, G8x M3/M4, New M2, New Nissan Z, R35 GTRs. I’m more a car guy but have had some old Toyota 4x4s and really wanted a newer removable top and doors 4x4 with a manual that’s not a Jeep. That is just the Bronco.

I will say, despite people hating on the new front grills, the G8x BMW M3/M4 looking really impressive and probably cheaper than a FE or Wildtrack Bronco right now lol.

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Either a jeep or Colorado zr2

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Probably do a turbo upgrade on my STi and wait for my Basemansquatch but I spend a lot of time looking at Old CJs, 1st gen 4runners, New Tacoma TRD Pros, GT350s, GT500s, G8x M3/M4, New M2, New Nissan Z, R35 GTRs. I’m more a car guy but have had some old Toyota 4x4s and really wanted a newer removable top and doors 4x4 with a manual that’s not a Jeep. That is just the Bronco.

I will say, despite people hating on the new front grills, the G8x BMW M3/M4 looking really impressive and probably cheaper than a FE or Wildtrack Bronco right now lol.
I'm excited for the Chicago Auto Show later this month, not to see the Broncos there, but to see the new Nissan Z in person. That's my Plan B.

In that case, I'll finish fixing up my TJ and old Land Rover for 4x4/utility usage. I'm just hoping Nissan doesn't screw up the Z launch as bad as Ford!

I like the new Bronco and commend Ford for offering it. But a lot of the other stuff, the delays, hardtop design/production issues especially hitting 2-door models, the rubbish reservation scheme, big spenders stepping in driving ADMs and people acquiring 2 (or even 3 and 4) Broncos. I don't care for that stuff it's a big turn off.

Sponsored

SeaVee

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 2500 Suburban, 77 Bronco, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone looking for a vintage XJ to carry you over to til your Bronco arrives I’m putting this up for sale. It’s mint and I would drive it cross-country tomorrow. My 77 Bronco resto is forcing me to sell it. I’ve got a 2dr on order 10/15/20 res date so I’m not thinking I will see that anytime soon….
Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? D505C07C-9542-42BD-87F7-6E6D395A49F2
Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? D505C07C-9542-42BD-87F7-6E6D395A49F2

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have my order at one of those $1000 under Invoice dealers, so there's that; also, pretty much every constraint on my build.
Me too, Aug 2020 my local dealer started jerking my chain and I went with one of the discount guys but the way Ford has done them in the end the customer gets shafted. I am looking as I will soon need a vehicle.

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Me too, Aug 2020 my local dealer started jerking my chain and I went with one of the discount guys but the way Ford has done them in the end the customer gets shafted. I am looking as I will soon need a vehicle.
Good luck with the hunt. In my case, I don’t NEED a new vehicle, but… well, I don’t want to miss another season of fun outdoors (camping, mountain biking, hiking, etc.) so…

Broncoder

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That LX600 looks very nice.
4Runner depending on motor and tranny.
Went to check it out. Couldn't get past the front end pics on it. Woof.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Picked up a 2012 Ranger Rover Sport in June. V8 is great in it.

recently added an MB E350 Wagon 4matic

so I’m covered for street and dirt while I wait for my Wildtrack . Looking like Q4 depending on how many Wildtracks are in front of me in Iowa.

Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Luckily I got my build date a couple weeks ago. I was just starting to look at Tacomas and Colorado ZR2s.
Don't get too excited

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m still excited, and I’ve had my Bronco for a month. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Still waiting. Mine is on ice mountain
1/31, 2/10, now 5/1 delivery date

Rizz512

Base
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Zo6, Acura TSX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

test drove a 2 door jl rubicon... liked it but didn't love it. just test drove a zr2 today liked it more than the jl. debating on getting it and still holding out for the bronco but maybe I'll get it and just forget about this silly ford experience all together and stay bowtie for my fun vehicles. love the bronco but waiting 2.5 yrs+ to give 40k+ to a car company for a " mass produced" vehicle seems dumb at this point.
Sponsored