Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 2.7L, 93 Bronco 5.8L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you’ve gotten your answer regarding the build that should produce a quicker build date.

I am going to offer a different POV - why not take the payout from the insurance company and find a used car that gets you from point A to point B while waiting for your preferred build? As someone pointed out, even if you adjust your build and get selected, you’re still looking at a ~3 month wait.
Sponsored

Bled656

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door soft top, keep the 2.7L, that’s the order i have on the way, I had the hard top changed to soft and got a vin a week later

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With a day one reservation I’d think a 4 door soft top would get you a build date. Add on anything else. I was a day 2 reservation and picked up my bronco a few weeks ago. Had all the constraints other than hard top and 2 door.
Do you mind me asking what your build was? I started playing w/Sas packages on “lower” models

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you’ve gotten your answer regarding the build that should produce a quicker build date.

I am going to offer a different POV - why not take the payout from the insurance company and find a used car that gets you from point A to point B while waiting for your preferred build? As someone pointed out, even if you adjust your build and get selected, you’re still looking at a ~3 month wait.
Not a bad thought, and I’d considered it, but the payout is only $3.5-4K. So, the temp vehicle may not be desirable due to the nature of such a preowned vehicle and the current inflation impacting the Used Car Market.

Unfortunately, this is a sedan (Kia Optima) I bought in college, paid off years ago, and kept holding onto it waiting for the Bronco. So, it was reliable value for me, but if I bought it on the Used Market, it’d be around $7K, and I’d basically piss away $4 K w/depreciation + tax. I’d rather use that $4K towards Bronco accessories.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door soft top, keep the 2.7L, that’s the order i have on the way, I had the hard top changed to soft and got a vin a week later
that’s awesome!

What does that mean in terms of production?

Sponsored

Bled656

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that’s awesome!

What does that mean in terms of production?
Got vin 9/02, production date 10/2 then pushed to 11/1 and shipped 11/8, should be here some time next week i hope

broncoGIRL21

Big Bend
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine is a Big Bend. Was looking at a build date in 2022 until I switched to a soft top. I pretty much jumped to the front of the reservation line at the dealership and had my bronco within 2 months because it is a fast, easy bronco to make.

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 XLT F150 Crew, 1999 Ranger, 2002 Mastercraft
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey all,

I might need to change my build to get my Bronco sooner. I was very content to hold out for the Modular Top, but then some moron hit my car on the highway and totaled it.

We were very fortunate no one was hurt, however, I’m at that awkward crossroads of needing a vehicle at the worst time.

My original build was a 2.7L 2DR CO Badlands w/High Package & Modular Top. I was a First Day Reservation. Do you know what I will need to sacrifice to get my Bronco ASAP? A salesman I was speaking to mentioned the Badlands & 2.7L were both restricted at the moment, though I just test drove a WT w/a 2.7.

Also, not a fair question, but do any of you know how late this type of order would push me? I genuinely apologize for this kind of thread, but when I thought my Bronco would be a MY23, I sort of mentally checked-out and wasn’t following news as ardently.

Thank you in advance!

Would you consider placing a completely new order for something that can be built quickly then trading it in when your original spec truck is built?? So having two orders at once??

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No matter what you do with your order, scheduling for January and possibly February starts today. Even if you get picked for mid January build, you’re still looking into February IF your build date doesn’t get pushed, which many already have.

KillerKwall

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BD 4D 2.7 ,2020 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey all,

I might need to change my build to get my Bronco sooner. I was very content to hold out for the Modular Top, but then some moron hit my car on the highway and totaled it.

We were very fortunate no one was hurt, however, I’m at that awkward crossroads of needing a vehicle at the worst time.

My original build was a 2.7L 2DR CO Badlands w/High Package & Modular Top. I was a First Day Reservation. Do you know what I will need to sacrifice to get my Bronco ASAP? A salesman I was speaking to mentioned the Badlands & 2.7L were both restricted at the moment, though I just test drove a WT w/a 2.7.

Also, not a fair question, but do any of you know how late this type of order would push me? I genuinely apologize for this kind of thread, but when I thought my Bronco would be a MY23, I sort of mentally checked-out and wasn’t following news as ardently.

Thank you in advance!
Hi Welcome to the "Jagaloon Totalled my Ride" Club. Been here since March. If you want it now, you need to switch to a soft top ASAP. Only way to move up the line.

Sponsored

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey all,

Thank you in advance!
Start calling around and asking to buy mannequins. I’ve found several that will be up for sale in January and don’t have deposits yet

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 XLT F150 Crew, 1999 Ranger, 2002 Mastercraft
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I thought about that, too. “What if I put in another build,” but like you said, a stripped down one.

Obviously, I benefit from a locked in price, but… I live in Missouri, so I’d get hit a gnarly sales tax on both.
:eek::eek::eek:

Unfortunately, I cant go that route, simply because I’d throw away $8-10K on taxes.

so, you’re giving good ideas, but unless I set up an LLC in Montana, this particular idea hits a snag

In our state you get a sales tax credit when you sell or trade a vehicle towards another you pay tax on. So if you sell or trade a used vehicle for 40K and then buy a new one for 50K you only pay sales tax on the 10K difference. I would hope most states are the same.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was my exact thought too. However, used car prices are nuts right now. Unless you can find a deal from a little old lady down the street. Or even a lease turn in at one of the dealerships or a friend you might now.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford adapted to the customer they would either make the high package available in the BD or make MGV interior for the OBX. Folks would drop the BL orders and switch to one of these .

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No matter what you do with your order, scheduling for January and possibly February starts today. Even if you get picked for mid January build, you’re still looking into February IF your build date doesn’t get pushed, which many have already
Sponsored