First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend, 2006 STi, 1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Noobie question, I pull my front panels off all the time on my 4dr. But for the life of me I can’t figure out how to easily pull the middle panel solo without dragging it or bumping it around. I’m 6ft, and can lift and maneuver it solo with easy once it’s off the truck…. But getting the top off….. any tricks I’m missing?
Sponsored

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

4) When you set the rear section on the ground, do not let it rest on the location pins. They are not designed to carry the whole weight. I put mine on some 2x6's.
I removed the guide pins the first time I took the back part off.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No Offense OP but tell us the Truth

You been skipping ”Leg Days” for awhile now, haven’t you?

You’re with the rest of us in the “Dad Bod” Bronco Club so watch your back.

You ain’t a youngster no’mo

Only thing worst than a sprained back or pinched disk is a sprained wallet if you drop your MIC

OP
OP

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
No Offense OP but tell us the Truth

You been skipping ”Leg Days” for awhile now, haven’t you?
lol, I actually don't skip leg day. Just take a week to recover, not 1-2 days like back in the day.

I've had all the injuries, pretty sure in the end I'm just going to implode & there will be a pile of dust on the ground.

Sponsored

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A playful joking way of saying you snapped them off the first time you put it down or are you onto something smart?

If the latter, any downsides? I guess they're only there to help line things up and I can use my eyes for that. Should we all do this? They make the whole process a pain since it prevents sliding the top on.

Deucey

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 BMW 230 Vert / 2012 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Noobie question, I pull my front panels off all the time on my 4dr. But for the life of me I can’t figure out how to easily pull the middle panel solo without dragging it or bumping it around. I’m 6ft, and can lift and maneuver it solo with easy once it’s off the truck…. But getting the top off….. any tricks I’m missing?
No real answer here, but I get inside the car and pop it up from underneath and kind of shimmy it to one side and then get out and try to lift it clean - with varying success. Not pretty and not easy (and doesn't answer your question) but one thing I'm going to try from this thread is sanding down the edges with 120 grit so they're not so friggin' sharp.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've only taken the top off my 2-door once in almost 2 years. I don't have a garage and you need 2 (3 is the best) people to manually remove and put it back on. My son is only 11, so I really have to be reliant on help. This is one thing I am disappointed about. My brother has suggested we build a rig in my driveway out of 4x4's we can put a pulley on. I'll ponder this over the fall and winter.

Discusman68

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis Bates
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Phil B

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Just removed hard top for 20th time. Observations & tips IMG_1416

I have some scratches on my roll bar where it rubbed while parking. Looking for some edge molding to prevent that.

Ford Bronco Just removed hard top for 20th time. Observations & tips IMG_1435

Ford Bronco Just removed hard top for 20th time. Observations & tips IMG_1415

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same. Those Bronco hardtop pins provide little value and were an accident waiting to happen.

Reinstalling the top is actually easier without the pins, because the top can be rested down and then repositioned into place, without risk of the pins scratching the paint or cracking something if initially misaligned.

fyi, some Jeeps had locating pins (not as long) and often those were removed or lost by owners, and the tops worked fine without them.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A playful joking way of saying you snapped them off the first time you put it down or are you onto something smart?

If the latter, any downsides? I guess they're only there to help line things up and I can use my eyes for that. Should we all do this? They make the whole process a pain since it prevents sliding the top on.
No snapping. I had read here that others were doing the same because of the issues of the weight sitting on them while trying to put the top back on and get them perfectly in place. I just held the bottom with pliers and unscrewed them.
They are totally unnecessary when putting the top back on. It’s not difficult to line the top up properly without them.

Eharris55

Outer Banks
First Name
Elgeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone stored their 2-door hardtop vertically on a Hooke Road cart? Space is at a premium for me and I’m trying to figure out if I can buy a solution or build a solution.

Ford Bronco Just removed hard top for 20th time. Observations & tips 1693321469044
Sponsored