Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided to go with the cxa 800.1 mono amp with the key 200.4 and omg. It's really too much bass but now I have total control of more or less. I decided to go with the kicker 12" down firing with the passive radior. Sound is amazing
I'm running the same sub in my Bronco with the 500.1 and it really sounds great. It fills out the bottom end so much, and really brings it all together. I'm also running the 200.4 with Kicker KS speakers.
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fingers crossed someone releases a harness for the kicker amp and B&O systems. My new speakers are looking for more power!

TKFIVE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reader’s digest of my journey. 21 Badlands Standard package
-*OMG this sounds fkn awful*
-Replaced all speakers with Infinity Reference
-*Tolerable but still weak*
-Sourced my own Kicker Key, installed kit 11-4 during my toddler’s nap
-*YESSSSSSSSSSSSS*

I still don’t have a sub, but man this is waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of where I started. Very happy. Sub will be icing in the cake, just need to pick one out.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread!
Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! D034B675-6E13-4028-98F8-FD5646C59FC9

Jmschultz22

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Impala, 2017 Ford Explorer,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone with the Key 200.4 running into limiter issues? At 20/30 volume and gains zerod out I am hitting the limiter. Any addition to the gains and it’s riding it constantly. I feel like the speakers aren’t being pushed enough, the sound is alright but not a significant improvement over stock.
I do as well. Any help on this would be awesome from anyone. I'm running all Focal and before I go a different route I too wanted to check this.

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do as well. Any help on this would be awesome from anyone. I'm running all Focal and before I go a different route I too wanted to check this.
Same here. I have Polk dash and kick panel speakers.

Sponsored

Jaustin410

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I installed a Kicker Key 200.4 amp in my BaseSquatch today and it made a HUGE difference. It was a straight forward install that took about an hour and a half. The install was made easy because of the harness from plugnplaykits.com. There was no need to cut, splice or drill anything. As you will see in the video below, it litterally was a plug and play operation.

The Kicker Key amp has a build-in automatic DSP that fixes Ford's terrible signal as well as adding 50 watts per channel. The combination is amazing. I have a nice 3 way component speaker set waiting to install in the front and now I'm not even sure I will bother. That is just how big of improvement this is.

I have suspected that Ford is intentionally degrading the sound quality of the base system in an effort to get customers to upgrade to the B&O. These amp and more importantly the smart DSP that is integrated in it really brings the entire stereo to life. Spend you money on this before you spend it on speakers. Good speakers can't fix low power and poor signal.

I put together a quick installation video but wasn't able to show the self tuning step because I needed my phone to play the kicker pink noise DSP turning track. If you want to see that step other installation videos show you how to do that.

Edit: the harness and amp are "Kit 11". Here is the direct link to the bronco kits.
https://plugnplaykits.com/products/...y-audio-harnesses-kits?variant=41130698473662

If I were to replicate this set up, what steps would I have to take to then add a subwoofer?

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I were to replicate this set up, what steps would I have to take to then add a subwoofer?
Use a different harness option. If you are using the Key Amp and want a subwoofer there are options for a separate amp and/or a powered subwoofer. Check their website.

Jaustin410

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Use a different harness option. If you are using the Key Amp and want a subwoofer there are options for a separate amp and/or a powered subwoofer. Check their website.
Would this be the kit I would purchase then? I would just need to supply the kicker key amp for the speakers and an additional amp for the sub?

Screenshot_20220511-123257.png

KeithK

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

yes, if you just want the harnesses. FYI, it is a bit more than buying individually, but I bought both the key amp and the powered subwoofer from PNPK and it was worth it...just ran the lines and plugged in the harness. Didn't want another power amp in the trunk with the sub so got the HS8 made by Kicker...enough bass for me!

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fingers crossed someone releases a harness for the kicker amp and B&O systems. My new speakers are looking for more power!
PlugnPlay is working on one. There is a $700+ option out already.

I just cut the wires and used the high inputs to the Kicker Key 200.4 and 500.1.

Sponsored

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Using the Key 500.1 without a harness is really easy. Cut the 4 wires into the sub and use as high power inputs into the 500.1

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm running Hertz DSK 165.2 components with the Key 200.4 in bi-amp/active mode. The gains are set pretty low, but I don't run into any limits.

And dammmnnnn, does this little amp kick ass.

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm running Hertz DSK 165.2 components with the Key 200.4 in bi-amp/active mode. The gains are set pretty low, but I don't run into any limits.

And dammmnnnn, does this little amp kick ass.
I'm not hitting limits either. Running Audiofrog GS42/JL C2-650 in front, and Infinity Reference in back (not bi-amp). Volume at 15 is extreme (but clean), and no limiter kicking in. Gains are at zero. I should add that I'm not using the plug/play kit; I had the shop wire it in old-school style with the head unit.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the 4” speakers I used kicker ks series. The kick panels I used Memphis audio mjp6 which is a woofer only. I didn’t want a two way in the kick panels because I felt the highs would get lost down there. I actually thought the factory kick panel speakers were pretty good but when I decided to do the key 200.4 I figured I better replace them as well. The Memphis speakers sound great down there. Nice for the mid bass. With my 8” sub ( once I get it all hooked up) should round out the System nicely.

for the bass blockers.Crutchfield recommended the 600hz for the fronts. I bought both 600 and 300 to see what I liked best. Stuck with the 600 in the dash. When I was getting ready to do the key 200.4 I ended up throwing the 300 in the rear pods because I figured they’d be opened up more with the new amp. Agree the kicker pink noise set up everything sounds amazing. Now I just have to get my sub going right again and I should be all set. Can’t wait to hear it all working together!
Do you feel it is absolutely necessary to use bass blockers with the Kicker KS speakers? Do you use bass blockers with any brand of 4”Speakers?

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my kit 11 installed today! Everything went well and was super easy. About 45 minutes to install, although I was rushing quite a bit. Sounds phenominal compared to the head unit amp. Pairs well with my JL's.
Rear speakers actually sound like real speakers now, so I'm happy.

4x JL Audio C1-400x
2x JL Audio C1-650x

I still need to calibrate, but the top is off currently, so that will have to wait.

Zip tied currently, but will come back and drill some holes once I get some hardware.
Ford Bronco Kicker Key Amp 200.4 Install DIY Video - Do this first! Screenshot_20220511-123257
I tried the JL Audio C1-400 s but they will not fir in my right rear pod. The left one snaps on fine but the right one’s grill hits the tweeter and will not snap close.
Sponsored